Bay area norcal cruisers? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone wanna head out to hollisters this Sunday? Couple of buddies r thinking about going out and getting a couple of scratches.

I'm in Walnut Creek, might have to join you kids soon...

I'm in Los Gatos, where in San Jose are you?

I'm in Santa Cruz. Would like to meet up in Hollister sometime. PM me

I'm up for a Hollister run sometime. Let's get the gang together. Anyone interested in a Bay Area club going?

I'm up in the North Bay where nothing exciting ever happens. :flipoff2: Any other North Bay Mudders?

Is the Frolic open for public/spectators or it's a closed gate event like top truck challenge?

I'm going to be at that event.

Mud in ur eye! Beer in my mouth!

Sup crazy jerry "aka handsome bob", u gonna go?

From there maybe us Bay Area fellows wanna hook up and see what's in store for maybe a future? Maybe day or overnight event to sluce or rains this coming summer?

I'm hoping to attend only 1 day, wife will only issue a 1 day hall pass, Saturday or Sunday. Which would everyone prefer?

Let's get something rolling! See you guys in a month and a half.

Looks like mud n your eye is a 3 day event and hollisters will be closed that weekend to the public.

Anyone wanna get together the weekend after? Maybe on a April 30th?

I'm up in the North Bay where nothing exciting ever happens. :flipoff2: Any other North Bay Mudders?
Novato isn't that far north. You could plan a trip to Cow Mountain OHV. It's another fun place to play. I've been there a few times when exciting things happened.

You could plan a trip to Cow Mountain OHV. It's another fun place to play. I've been there a few times when exciting things happened.

In my experience "exciting things" when wheeling aren't always welcome. I'd like to check out Cow Mountain after living here all my life and never having been.

The weekend of Apr 30 is no good for me. I'll be at Henry Coe Backcountry Weekend, supporting their HAM and other communication efforts.

I'd be interested in a Cow Mountain OHVA (east of Ukiah) trip with someone who thinks they know the place. There is a main road through, but most of the side trails are blocked off to let plants recover, or are signed for motorcycles. Finding one of the camps in the park, or a truck trail, can be problematic. Usually I've gone to Cow Mountain for "Pumpkin Hunt". (Take a truckload of pumpkins out in the woods to shoot them.) The last few times I've done that, a ranger gave us a hard time; so we've moved pumpkin hunt further north to a place where the rangers have been more understanding.

My preference in wheeling is just exploration. On the few occasions I've found trails at Cow Mountain, they have turned out to have unpleasant sections. (For instance tightening down to a narrow thorny path. I'd either have had to turn back, which I don't enjoy; or "pinstripe" my truck, which I don't enjoy.)

I've also pulled more trucks out of "puddles" at Cow Mountain, than during all the rest of the wheeling in my life. It turns out you can't tell how deep a mud puddle is, by looking at the surface. 12" of muddy water and 4' of muddy water look similar from the top. Even if you see tracks on both sides of the puddle, you can't be certain the water was at it's current level when the truck came out the other side.

I'm up for Cow Mountain sometime. I grew up wheeling in the coastal hills, but have never been there.

Subscribed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom