Bay area norcal cruisers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been to Cow Mt. It's not all that great for trucks. Go a little farther and get into the Mendocino MF and there's a lot more going on.

I'm wondering if there are any North Bay mudders for wrenching and hanging out. There's no wheeling for 2.5 hours in any direction.

Mendocino is on my range...I'm in

I've been to Cow Mt. It's not all that great for trucks. Go a little farther and get into the Mendocino MF and there's a lot more going on.

I'm wondering if there are any North Bay mudders for wrenching and hanging out. There's no wheeling for 2.5 hours in any direction.

Sizzle, do you know the Mendo area and where to wheel and camp? If so, where do you recommend?

I'm up for meeting Bay Area guys, I just can't do end of June as I am doing Rubithon, and I'm really hoping and looking forward to finally making an appearance on the Cruiser Gold Rush trip. I've been signing up on the Gold Rush but somebody just keeps dying from the family every July... I have no more relatives.... that's it for me... :bang::(

Last edited:

Hollister Hills is 2:12 according to google. The Mud-N-Yer-Eye event is in a month: Frolic Registration

Georg's shop in Stockton is going to be hopping on Saturday for hang-out purposes.

Hollister Hills is 2:12 according to google. The Mud-N-Yer-Eye event is in a month: Frolic Registration

Georg's shop in Stockton is going to be hopping on Saturday for hang-out purposes.

Thanks for posting the Mud-N-Yer-Eye info...will try to get out there that weekend

Thanks for posting the Mud-N-Yer-Eye info...will try to get out there that weekend

I'm on the fence still. I can get the day off Fri, and I'd do it if I knew some folks who are going. @Skillet? @batcon?

@KingsMtn, post up if you commit with $$ and I'll do it.

I'm on the fence still. I can get the day off Fri, and I'd do it if I knew some folks who are going. @Skillet? @batcon?

@KingsMtn, post up if you commit with $$ and I'll do it.

The family just sent an email asking to have my father's 81st birthday party on the 23rd and 24th at my house. :bang:

I can be there on Friday, but I'm out Saturday and Sunday. I don't see an option for only one day, but I sent an email to MTA to ask. Will let you know when I hear back from them.

MTA sent an email back that said they have to have their people talk to some other people before they can let our people know if there will be a Friday only pass....standing by

2:12 drive time + 0:18 coffee and poop time = 2:30

I'd like to do Mud n Yer Eye sometime but I'm doing Death Valley in mid April this year and won't be up for turning around and heading out again the next weekend. Hopefully gonna make it for TNS this year tho.

Sizzle, do you know the Mendo area and where to wheel and camp? If so, where do you recommend?
Letts lake is a cool camp site. Oak Flat is ok too. It's NF so you can camp pretty much anywhere. Get a map pick a spot and go explore. There is nothing too crazy around there. I usually go up M1 from Lake Pillsbury and hit some side roads. M6 will take you some places too.

In my experience "exciting things" when wheeling aren't always welcome. I'd like to check out Cow Mountain after living here all my life and never having been.

The weekend of Apr 30 is no good for me. I'll be at Henry Coe Backcountry Weekend, supporting their HAM and other communication efforts.

Hi,

Do you know whether they corral the trucks that plan to camp overnight? I live near henry Coe and never drove in like that or attended this event previously but I like to camp fairly isolated without being on top of each other.

Any idea what the camping logistics are like?

Yea, you can't drive around in the park. If you get there early enough you can camp along the road on the way into the Oristemba Corral area where the main camp is. The problem with that is that then you have people driving past your camp all day. If you want to be isolated, you would want to plan backpacking and hiking, and if you're going to do that, it's better to do it on a weekend when there aren't hundreds of people back in there.

You can follow along Kaiser Aetna Rd NNE from Dowdy Ranch on this map. The camping area is almost a mile past the junction with County Line Rd. It's really pretty amazing back in there.

Google map to Dowdy Ranch, Henry Coe SP

There is a chance I could put together a trip where we could go in with 4-5 trucks on a different weekend and camp at Mississippi Lake and fish at Coit Lake and another lake that has a lot of fish on the way out. It would not be cheap and the driving parts would be strictly controlled. The fishing is top-notch.

I'm in Santa Clara and down to go to Hollister or any other sorta nearby area for some wheeling. I have a 40 and an 80 I need to get on a trail.

I'm in Santa Rosa, I'm dying to get out and get my 60 some trail time. Would really love to find someone doing the Rubicon I can jump in with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom