Bay area norcal cruisers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@landcrshr We were thinking of heading up that way too. My birthday is this weekend and we're getting the f outa the city.

I guess this is a good time to ask if this is a family friendly situation or more of a man thing?

@SIZZLE my kids still talk about playing in the snow with Your daughter would be fun to get them together again.

Heading up Hwy 108 this weekend for what may be my last wheeling trip for the summer.

Some of you ( @pilotuku, @HAAANK ) have asked me about trails in the area, here's an opportunity for a little easy wheeling. Of course @SIZZLE and anyone else is welcome too.

Thinking of heading up to Pinecrest peak Friday night to catch the Perseid meteor shower.

from last year:
pp-2-jpg.1121652
Hmmmm... Need some stress reliever, I may have to search for directions on this one.

Thanks Ron.

I guess this is a good time to ask if this is a family friendly situation...
Totally family friendly, however there are no amenities where I was planning on camping on the peak. There is a small campground nearby at Herring Creek Reservoir though that I think has pit toilets.

I may have to search for directions on this one.
Just past Strawberry, take a right toward Herring Creek Reservoir (and the "gargoyles"). I don't have my map so I can't tell you the road #'s, but it's all right turns to the peak. Or maybe we can meet up beforehand?

@landcrshr @HAAANK

Would love to this weekend but just got back yesterday from a road trip up to Washington. I have my company picnic this weekend and need to play some catchup around the house.

Cool pic landcrshr. Don't be so quick to give up the summer!

HAAANK, your boys are awesome, we definitely need to get the kids together again. I'm not sure when the next outing will be but my wife wants to do one more camping trip this summer. I'll make sure you're invited if we can't get something together sooner.

image.jpeg

Don't be so quick to give up the summer!
I just scored a last-minute Burning Man ticket, so after this weekend I'll pretty much be busy through Labor Day, the end of "summertime". But there will be more trips this year for sure!

Totally family friendly, however there are no amenities where I was planning on camping on the peak. There is a small campground nearby at Herring Creek Reservoir though that I think has pit toilets.

Just past Strawberry, take a right toward Herring Creek Reservoir (and the "gargoyles"). I don't have my map so I can't tell you the road #'s, but it's all right turns to the peak. Or maybe we can meet up beforehand?

Sounds great, we're in!

@landcrshr @HAAANK

Would love to this weekend but just got back yesterday from a road trip up to Washington. I have my company picnic this weekend and need to play some catchup around the house.

Cool pic landcrshr. Don't be so quick to give up the summer!

HAAANK, your boys are awesome, we definitely need to get the kids together again. I'm not sure when the next outing will be but my wife wants to do one more camping trip this summer. I'll make sure you're invited if we can't get something together sooner.

View attachment 1304118

looking forward to it!

I this the spot?
Google Maps

We're hoping to hit the road friday morning and take mostly dirt roads on the way up. Maybe stop for a swim etc.

Yep, that's the spot. Looks like this.
Pinecrest Pk. 000.JPG

There's also this place nearby where you can drive up a lava butte, kind of unique for the Sierras. We can check that out on Saturday.
Pinecrest Pk. 004.JPG

With a nice view of the Dardanelles:
Pinecrest Pk. 005.JPG

Hello from Morgan Hill..

Still trying to meet up with cruiser heads in the area.
Pls keep this thread going for everyone here in the Bay Area.

How was the meteor shower?

No one could stay up long enough for the moon to go down, but we did see some really good ones. I'd say the trip was worth it.:)

I'm in Walnut Creek with an LX470 and always interested in meeting other Mudders. Thinking of doing the Bald Mountain Trail Oct 1-2 if anyone is interested in joining. I've never run this trail but I'm assuming from photos it is doable in a 100 series with a mild lift.

Anyone on this thread live in the Mountain View area? I keep seeing a decently modified 80 around town. Darker color, white hard shell rooftop tent, no flares, looks like 35s...

Last edited:
My 60 is running again! Who wants to wheel a Starbucks parking lot soon? Or go wheeling in real life? Work's about to get crazy for me but what ever. Let's go wheeling! Or get coffee and talk about wheeling, and Land Cruisers!

joe in East Oakland.

@hygge @vipergrhd @DFXR @ro11dice @goose4433

@joebattle1 I'm down. I need to fix one of my front locking hubs in order to go into 4x4 but I can handle a 2wd to Starbucks. I can come to the East O.

Let's get that thing fixed. What's it doing? Not engaging? You buy a rebuild kit?

Let's get that thing fixed. What's it doing? Not engaging? You buy a rebuild kit?

It was an issue since I purchased. The selector is stuck on Free and a portion of it is broken off and I can't move it. I need to replace it but have been busy with work. I don't think a rebuild kit comes with that center selector part so I'll have to order a new one. Need more time for the money tree to regrow some green.

It was an issue since I purchased. The selector is stuck on Free and a portion of it is broken off and I can't move it. I need to replace it but have been busy with work. I don't think a rebuild kit comes with that center selector part so I'll have to order a new one. Need more time for the money tree to regrow some green.

Oh man... I was just going to plant 6 new green 'money trees' in my backyard... J/k... Totally understand. Let me know if I can help...

Hi all. I am on the Peninsula and me and the family are piling into the LX this weekend and heading up to the Lake Pillsbury area to camp, fish, and get the truck dirty. I wanted to see if anybody has been in the area since the fire closure, and specifically, if M1 above the lake is open (ie Hull Mtn). Also, if anybody has any suggestions for camping and fishing spots, I certainly wouldn't complain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom