80 slider opinion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That aspect doesn't really matter to me. What I'd love is a set like Metal Tech makes for the 100 series. Kick out in the rear. The tubing coming off the square tubing flat (not angled up) so it can actually be used as a step.

I'm in the "keep the slider tight to the rocker" category - as for the flares, they are nice looking, but really unless it's a road rig, the flares are going to get sheared off - so why not take them off carefully so at least they are resaleable/worth giving away?

Asthetically, they are nice though for street 80's.

just need it 4.5" longer in the front...the back is perfect
pics to come soon

Do you mean flares or mudflaps? I have been looking for sliders that work with both front and rear mudflaps (and flares). I plan on taking them off when wheeling but need the flaps for everyday driving. I don't see how the actual flares are in the way of anything though.

I've had slee's as well as metal tech's I removed the mud flaps with both but left the flares in place. As far as my preference? Slee and metal tech each have great workmanship but having owned both I prefer the metal tech. I love the kick outs on the rear of them.

in terms of all around design and quality, i prefer A+ sliders....from Aplus fab. they rock and are made solid!! just wish they were a few inches longer in the front to slightly cover my front fender flares.

fj60rocksliders2large.jpg

with these sliders, one is able to take them on and off for various different reasons and they are rock solid!!

that is the exact reason why i wish they were exactly 5.5 inches longer

IMG_1048.jpg

with the length extended about 4.5 to 5.5 inches longer it would give better protection and be able to use the plastic trim..maybe.

out to the wheel wells looks better in my opinion.

Another vote for full length, out to the wheel wells.

if youre looking to keep the mudflaps whiteknuckleoffroad makes them to the length you need to keep the flaps

thinking about extending the front another 5 inches...what thickness tubing is this? dave?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom