80 slider opinion (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ill bite!

PM me or post up your details on boat style sliders, no cat protection needed here.

If you could work in the way the slider fits the front flare like my old set (pictured) would be a plus

Weld on is fine as long as they are booger dumpster approved
thumb.gif

View attachment 958187
Actually if Booger could make those exact sliders I"LL BUY a set.

Ill bite!

PM me or post up your details on boat style sliders, no cat protection needed here.

If you could work in the way the slider fits the front flare like my old set (pictured) would be a plus

thumb.gif

View attachment 958187

Post a couple good pics of what you need. It'll be a 2x3x 3/16 and 1 7/8 0.145 wall hrew, with whatever you want as far as the middle section supports: dimple dyed/plain plate, round/square tube, etc.

$400/pair at 68-72"(you pick the length as well).

No attachments, no legs, no cat area fixtures. Order a 4x4innovations kit and trim the ends for the 2x3 or design your own...

Ill bite!

thumb.gif

View attachment 958187
I'd really want you're truck here to build those. Those a Fawkin sexy. I'd want those flare extension type things to line up perfect w your truck.

And those would obviously fetch more $ than 40000 pennies.

I don't think I could hit a dumpster with the slider safely, but I know someone getting rid of a POS Mitsubishi lancer that could do a Tbone test!

Actually I was just kidding.. if that design isnt in use anymore I could easily build those. I love the look of em.

Post a couple good pics of what you need. It'll be a 2x3x 3/16 and 1 7/8 0.145 wall hrew, with whatever you want as far as the middle section supports: dimple dyed/plain plate, round/square tube, etc.

$400/pair at 68-72"(you pick the length as well).

No attachments, no legs, no cat area fixtures. Order a 4x4innovations kit and trim the ends for the 2x3 or design your own...

Are you just offering cut to length rectangular steel tubing for $400? I have to be missing something....

Are you just offering cut to length rectangular steel tubing for $400? I have to be missing something....
and some tube? But that is how I read it as well.

No sir. I'm offering to build a slider to spec, but with no attachments to the frame. As pictured, but much more elaborate than boring, bent up tube. The straight(inner) leg would be 2x3 .188" rectangular HSS. The outer leg would be as pictured(bent 1 7/8" 0.145" or 1.5 .250"), but abbreviated in distance from the inner if desired(that's up to you). The gussets/structure in between would be dimple died plate or something attractive. That parts design is up to the thoughts of those posting here as well.

You guys get together and decide what is wanted and whatever the majority comes up with I will spit out in pairs for $400.
image.jpg

Ill bite!

thumb.gif

View attachment 958187
X2... I really like how these sliders fit.. Especially around the front flare and the step cut outs..

Come up with a design everyone agrees on, material everyone likes and dimensions all find suitable and I'll commence building.

I'll kick out an initial piece and post detailed pics. If that satisfies the 'group', then I'll begin building them in pairs for sale @$400 plus whatever shipping to wherever you live.

I find the 4x4 innovations mounting setup a bit unworthy of rubicon type wheeling, but absolutely sufficient for those weekend warriors and expedition types who aren't giving the station wagon a beating.

Buy that to mount these(you need to trim off the cope on his ends to match the 2x3 vs round they are made for. I think it's $195(?), Or design your own cat skid and frame legs.

I'd really want you're truck here to build those. Those a Fawkin sexy. I'd want those flare extension type things to line up perfect w your truck.

And those would obviously fetch more $ than 40000 pennies.

I don't think I could hit a dumpster with the slider safely, but I know someone getting rid of a POS Mitsubishi lancer that could do a Tbone test!

I dont want the same stuff I had in the past I want the new boat style with the flare detail. My old sliders were sexy but the weight was over the top and reduced clearance to much.

I'm looking for the Booger press brake design boat style with dimple dies along the full length of the hull of the boat then flow in to the flare detail....The new SEXY!

Anybody can put tube on a box:rolleyes:

image.jpg
You get 5 of these in his kit, plus a cat skid. The ends are coped for tubing. I'd prefer that to be 2x3, but it doesn't have to be, whatever you guys collectively come up with is fine with me.

I dont want the same stuff I had in the past I want the new boat style with the flare detail. My old sliders were sexy but the weight was over the top and reduced clearance to much.

I'm looking for the Booger press brake design boat style with dimple dies along the full length of the hull of the boat then flow in to the flare detail....The new SEXY!

Anybody can put tube on a box:rolleyes:

Hell yeah! Very nice. Throw down some pics and material/dimensions that work for you and it'll happen. If it's the same essential design element the price doesn't need to change much(large sections of plate obviously cost more than legs of tubing or square but nothing extremely different in $).

Dude you really need to clean up around the house a little. You can still drink beer but just with a trash bag in the other hand ... ok?

I finally got my 4 Plus sliders on my 1997 LC last week, these sliders are extremely heavy duty and I love the way they mount.
You will be required to weld the brackets onto the frame, sliders are mounted with 3 1/2" bolts per bracket.

Here are a few shots of the sliders with no finish to display the excellent welds.

20140520_091647_zpspp8ejyqf.jpg

silver...

These look excellent. The build quality is off the chain. Impeccable welds.. such a shame to have to cover them with paint. I think the silver was the right color. Great protection without it popping out like a sore thumb. Would have liked them a little longer...:clap::clap::clap:

Dude you really need to clean up around the house a little. You can still drink beer but just with a trash bag in the other hand ... ok?
Not my house... That's my parents gardening area and the property is actually quite elaborately landscaped and has lots of water features, waterfall/ koi pond, swimming pool, redwood decking and canopies, etc....

There's a bunch of metal and random iron and old mining parts my brothers and I have collected in the hills over the years to make things with there. It's an interesting mess, but quite a few bits from the mid 1800s there.

Youngest brother is a glass blower, I'm a 'welder', other brother is an electrical engineer for MID/TID, sister is a veterinarian. Everyone grew up in the Sierra nevadas and a lot of our crap is still at mom/dad's house....

I got the pics Phil posted in my thread. Do you have anymore though? @LandCruiserPhil

Repost those here if you could please. I don't have flares, but really like the boat side type idea for my own vehicle endeavors as well. I was tossing some relatively boring looking tube types on my truck(with some lazer cut 'landcruiser' font inlays) but would much rather do something more elaborate is someone had a cool idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom