200 series picture thread (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Some cross axel articulation this weekend
20240420_102431.jpeg

I don’t have a problem. You have a problem.

IMG_8965.jpeg

Just joined the forum, first post yay!
This is a 2016 LX570, with 100k miles on it. hat I bought about 10 days ago. Great service record, clean inside and out, happy with the purchase and looking forward to taking it out into the wilderness.
The last time I had a decent 4x4 was a CJ7 20 yrs ago, (not counting a 2wd grand Cherokee or gls) so have to start from scratch on how to drive this beast and learn everything about off roading. My interests are in exploring, overlanding, camping, not into rock crawling or anything like that
Have a list of things I want to do to it, starting with tires/wheels.
It has 20" black rhinos an BFG trail terrains 275/55/R20 in excellent shape, but it's a zero offset wheel. It looks great sticking out, but I'm worried it will hit the well when the suspension articulates.would appreciate if anyone has thoughts on that
1000012034.jpg

PXL_20240424_022519142.jpg

This is a 2016 LX570, with 100k miles on it. hat I bought about 10 days ago. Great service record, clean inside and out, happy with the purchase and looking forward to taking it out into the wilderness.
The last time I had a decent 4x4 was a CJ7 20 yrs ago, (not counting a 2wd grand Cherokee or gls) so have to start from scratch on how to drive this beast and learn everything about off roading. My interests are in exploring, overlanding, camping, not into rock crawling or anything like that
It has 20" black rhinos an BFG trail terrains 275/55/R20 in excellent shape, but it's a zero offset wheel. It looks great sticking out, but I'm worried it will hit the well when the suspension articulates.would appreciate if anyone has thoughts on that
View attachment 3615173

View attachment 3615180
Good looking truck. Congrats!

Personally, I hate wheels that stick out more than factory, and I similarly hate cheap, aftermarket wheels. The older I get, the more I appreciate quality, and somewhat subdued OEM components and designs.

Use the truck as-is, and figure out what (if anything) actually needs changing for your use case.

Good looking truck. Congrats!

Personally, I hate wheels that stick out more than factory, and I similarly hate cheap, aftermarket wheels. The older I get, the more I appreciate quality, and somewhat subdued OEM components and designs.

Use the truck as-is, and figure out what (if anything) actually needs changing for your use case.

Same here….

Maybe try to find a set of OEM wheels and tires and go from there

View attachment 3615173

View attachment 3615180

Looking good. Just noticed, but what chase lights are you running in the hitch? I'm trying to install some BDs as it really has to be bright enough to see through heavy dust and silt.

Looking good. Just noticed, but what chase lights are you running in the hitch? I'm trying to install some BDs as it really has to be bright enough to see through heavy dust and silt.
I am using BD hitch light connect to my garmin switch. I ran the wires inside the frame rails to the hitch. I take it off when I’m not out of a run and reinstall the OEM hitch cover.

I am using BD hitch light connect to my garmin switch. I ran the wires inside the frame rails to the hitch. I take it off when I’m not out of a run and reinstall the OEM hitch cover.

Nice, just what I was hoping for. Looks like it is working well for you. Do you have anymore pics?

I'm new to the forum! I've learned so much from lurking here over the past year. I grew up in a family with Landcruisers (80s, 100s, 200s). I have previously owned a '96 TJ Wrangler (lifted w/33"s), a 2007 stock FJ Cruiser, and a 2013 stock 4runner.

I left 4x4s for a little while with the purchase of an Audi, but when our second child was born, I felt a strong desire to find a family getaway cruiser for activities. I realized I was the only one in my family who had never owned a Land Cruiser, and thus, my search began. I had plans for additional modifications, but it can get costly quickly.

I was fortunate enough to find this beauty last month: a 2014 LC200 with 120k miles. It lived most of its life in Georgia. The only rust present is on the exhaust. The prior owner was a loving 4x4 guy, so he had already done a lot of the work I had planned to do.

2014 Landcruiser 200 Series
  • 120k miles
  • ARB front & rear bumpers w/Warn Winch
  • Bushwacker fender flares
  • Slee side steps
  • Dobinsons IMS suspension w/Dob. upper control arms
  • Method Wheels w/ 285/75R17 K02s
  • Safari Snorkel (don't love it, but meh)
  • Gobi Roof rack with rigid front/rear light setup
  • 3M Matte Wrap Gray
  • V-Line Grom 2 unit

769AF612-E84C-41E5-B388-CFE9FFAC91C6.JPG

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

I am by no means an offroading expert—most of my offroading was done with pure youthful vigor and stupidity. I return to this lovely hobby with renewed interest and a desire to learn from the experts. I have some thoughts about modifying this vehicle and removing some of what was previously done, but I figure the best thing to do first is put the truck through its paces!

Glad to be part of the community!

I'm new to the forum! I've learned so much from lurking here over the past year. I grew up in a family with Landcruisers (80s, 100s, 200s). I have previously owned a '96 TJ Wrangler (lifted w/33"s), a 2007 stock FJ Cruiser, and a 2013 stock 4runner.

I left 4x4s for a little while with the purchase of an Audi, but when our second child was born, I felt a strong desire to find a family getaway cruiser for activities. I realized I was the only one in my family who had never owned a Land Cruiser, and thus, my search began. I had plans for additional modifications, but it can get costly quickly.

I was fortunate enough to find this beauty last month: a 2014 LC200 with 120k miles. It lived most of its life in Georgia. The only rust present is on the exhaust. The prior owner was a loving 4x4 guy, so he had already done a lot of the work I had planned to do.

• 120k miles
  • Slee side steps
  • 3M Matte Wrap Gray
  • V-Line Grom 2 unit

View attachment 3615403

View attachment 3615418

View attachment 3615419
View attachment 3615423

I am by no means an offroading expert—most of my offroading was done with pure youthful vigor and stupidity. I return to this lovely hobby with renewed interest and a desire to learn from the experts. I have some thoughts about modifying this vehicle and removing some of what was previously done, but I figure the best thing to do first is put the truck through its paces!

Welcome…

Ortho Nerd eh?

Fellow Surveyor Here 👍🏼

• 120k miles
  • Slee side steps
  • 3M Matte Wrap Gray
  • V-Line Grom 2 unit

View attachment 3615403

View attachment 3615418

View attachment 3615419
View attachment 3615423

Looks great - I love those wheels on the 200. I’ve been trying to find a set myself, but they’ve either been discontinued or are out of stock everywhere.

• 120k miles
  • Slee side steps
  • 3M Matte Wrap Gray
  • V-Line Grom 2 unit

View attachment 3615403

View attachment 3615418

View attachment 3615419
View attachment 3615423

congrats! The satin wrap is cool. Interesting how those rear fender flares extend from the body down to the aftermarket bumper. Seems like flex in that bumper with be an issue for the flares.

wrap looks great!

congrats! The satin wrap is cool. Interesting how those rear fender flares extend from the body down to the aftermarket bumper. Seems like flex in that bumper with be an issue for the flares.
Thank you! I had similar concerns about the bumper to flare relationship. I'm thinking about getting a separate rear bumper that allows for a rear spare tire setup (although I hate occluding my rearview space - reminds me too much of my FJ Cruiser and poor visibility!)

I may muck around with the flares too. The nice thing is that the wrap and flares give me peace of mind - I definitely don't worry about dirt or rock chips like I would've with a stock LC.

Hah - I work in orthopedic medical device development. Hence, I'm an "Ortho" nerd. Been helping develop knee/hip/shoulder and trauma replacement implants for years. A niche but fun career for sure.

Ahh…. We deal with OrhoMetric photos with aerial surveys

Nevermind, carry on 😂👍🏼

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom