1981 FJ40 Restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

With my luck I would get rear ended the first day ! :lol:
quote]

Weedhopper,

I got rear-ended in my 40 a couple of years ago. The front end fell off the Peugeot. I got a scratch in the paint on the right rear bumper :lol:. I hate scratches I don't put there myself, tho... ;)
:cheers:

I broke my little camera and finally stepped up and bought a SLR Nikon D40. How does anyone live without one?

Ok, so some more pics coming soon.

I broke my little camera and finally stepped up and bought a SLR Nikon D40. How does anyone live without one?

Ok, so some more pics coming soon.

I hear ya buddie....

I picked up a D60 earlier this spring and it is an absolutely amazing camera....

:beer:

Here is a set of the rear door, lic plate holder and wiring.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I am a bit anal, So I place nylon washers just about everyplace I can. Here the cover will no longer touch the door or cause a rattle in the future.
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Yes these are a factory hinge cover. It does not allow paint to touch paint. Very cool IMHO

standard.jpg

Busting my ass to get her driving so I can knock all the squeaks and rattle out.

I may have another thread on the TUFFY console install with deck and TLC speaker covers. This alone in a huge pain in the ASS . I truly believe that TUFFY made these for the PRE 78 and there is no clean way to install with out serious thinking.

More soon..
Shane

the t-case looks like candy...nice!

Incredibly nice resto. Hail to the king!

That is some exceptional work. Love your attention to detail.:cheers:

Do you paint the vacuum tubing or is it re plated?

What did you paint the exhaust manifold with? I'd like to do mine.

Looks great!

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Little silicone will go along way.
standard.jpg

standard.jpg
+
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Cut clear tube and place around brake lines then install clamp. It does not stand out and creates no friction as is tight when installed.
standard.jpg

My puppy
standard.jpg

These little bastard were a complete pain in the ass to install. (clips for head light covers)
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom