LC 250 & GX550 Picture Thread (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dogs love the roll down window.
And have my dog jump or fall out the open window? No thank you.

Plus you can drive with all of the windows down and have little to no wind buffeting because the air can escape the cabin out the back.
Sorry, I don't understand driving with all the windows down. Here in the suburban/urban hellscape, it's quite loud with all the windows open. And if you are in exurbia with higher speed limits, then the wind noise itself is quite loud. No thanks.

I've unwillingly had sunroofs on my last two vehicles. I hardly ever drive with them open. Again, it's more noise and I'd rather listen to music. It isn't like these are sports cars with a lovely engine note and a manual transmission where the engine note itself is part of the experience.

and dust...
a roll down window is more useable while driving
a flip up is more useable when stopped...

Told ya before: the doggo. 🐕 💕 And yes, with the five windows down it feels like a convertible 😂.
A convertible like a Mustang or Miata or 911? Yeah, I see the appeal. But this isn't a sports car. It's a big, heavy, SUV. So I still don't see the appeal.

I agree. Sunroofs and Factory roof racks have been an unwanted but already installed accessory on SUVs I have owned. I rarely utilize the sunroof and have never, ever had use of the roof rack. On occasion, I have been able to get the Toyota I wanted without these items.
And have my dog jump or fall out the open window? No thank you.

Sorry, I don't understand driving with all the windows down. Here in the suburban/urban hellscape, it's quite loud with all the windows open. And if you are in exurbia with higher speed limits, then the wind noise itself is quite loud. No thanks.

I've unwillingly had sunroofs on my last two vehicles. I hardly ever drive with them open. Again, it's more noise and I'd rather listen to music. It isn't like these are sports cars with a lovely engine note and a manual transmission where the engine note itself is part of the experience.

I agree. Sunroofs and Factory roof racks have been an unwanted but already installed accessory on SUVs I have owned. I rarely utilize the sunroof and have never, ever had use of the roof rack. On occasion, I have been able to get the Toyota I wanted without these items.
I use the roof rack for my surf rods. I've had sunroof drains clog and cause electrical problems. I've had sunroof hardware rust. I'd much rather not have a sunroof, but I realize that I'm in the minority on that.

Interesting that Lexus didn't do standard sunroofs on some of the new TX's to save weight that the hybrid battery took up.

*w/ turbo diesel sounds*

Screenshot of one in white looks really good

IMG_6001.png

Last edited:
Cool review that shows some reasonably aggressive driving. Sure, not slow, technical trails, but he definitely didn't take it easy on her. I'm impressed at least.

For those that don't like sunroofs, 90% of the Overtrails are allocated without sunroofs in the Eastern area. The Overtrail plus will have the sunroof. Down the road we may be able to add or delete sunroofs once the truck has been allocated in what Lexus calls a change request. There are quite a few GX550 coming in the first two allocations and appears the GX550 is at full prodution.

4R is still getting the roll down windows
Honestly this being cheaper than 250 and with some versions not having a hybrid for less complexity....& more familiar to current 4R owners. Definitely will be a good seller.
Screenshot_20240404_172030_Instagram.jpg

Interior looks very similar to Tacoma
Screenshot_20240404_172251_Instagram.jpg

Nice!! Low belt line, roll down rear window, same platform and powertrains as Tacoma? Easy choice over the lc250 I think. Hard to think of any reason I'd choice the 250.

Nice!! Low belt line, roll down rear window, same platform and powertrains as Tacoma? Easy choice over the lc250 I think. Hard to think of any reason I'd choice the 250.
If this thing ends up getting a manual for "fun". Like the Tacoma.
I'd never consider a 250 (had it been available in my market)
Sadly we don't get the 4R here...

If this thing ends up getting a manual for "fun". Like the Tacoma.
I'd never consider a 250 (had it been available in my market)
Sadly we don't get the 4R here...
Hard to see how this doesn't torpedo the lc250 initial sales push. All those 250s about to hit dealers and Toyota teases a potential better cheaper model. Market adjustments just went to zero overnight.

Hard to see how this doesn't torpedo the lc250 initial sales push. All those 250s about to hit dealers and Toyota teases a potential better cheaper model. Market adjustments just went to zero overnight.
I found that odd to be honest.
The 250 isn't on sale yet and then they tease this. Okay wait a second I change my mind. I'd rather wait. That's what most of them are thinking probably.

4R owners are loyal and unless they specifically want the land cruiser name or looks, it will be hard to make them swap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom