Officially Joining the 120 Club With an 05' GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ya I'd be interested in cruising down to Baja depending on the dates, that whale trip sounds awesome- keep me posted! Borrego and Ocotillo are always doable whenever just let me know

Nice 80's series btw, I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision to move on, but you're going to enjoy the gx!

Cheers
I'd be interested in going as well. That'd be a cool trip.

On Saturday I finally got to poke around the truck a little after installing the child seat and noticed a quarter inch crack in the dash right off of the middle AC vent. So I guess I will be looking into the dash replacement first and foremost.
We then drove an hour and a half out of town for my company Christmas party and she felt great on the road and handled nicely in the heavy rain on the drive home that night.

Just call your local lexus dealership and they will get you on the free dash replacement list. Took me about 3 weeks to get mine, then one day to install.

My dash has not cracked yet. I have a notice from Lexus on dealer replacement but expires in a couple years. My concern is cracks will show up the day after I can't get the job done for free. Any ideas?

Just call your local lexus dealership and they will get you on the free dash replacement list. Took me about 3 weeks to get mine, then one day to install.
how did you get yours so fast!? ive been on the wait list for over 8month and my dealer cant even order the parts!?

how did you get yours so fast!? ive been on the wait list for over 8month and my dealer cant even order the parts!?

Dunno, maybe there is less demand in my area. I've read each dealer can only order a certain amount each month but ya I called in and about 3 weeks later I had a new dash. They even gave me a new fancy rx for the day

Guess I better get on the list.

Finally had a chance to thumb through the manuals and everything in the glove box. Found the key for the wheel lug locks and a plug harness for a brake booster if I want to add. Also found proof of insurance stubs from the same owner for all 10 years as well as the original window sticker.
Cracking up at the 3rd button on the left side of the steering wheel to disable the side air curtains. Another thing I need to remember to do when I hit the trails.
So it doesn't seem that the Center lock disables the ABS brakes like it does if you add one to an 80 series. I loved being able to disable the ABS once I was off the pavement.
Also played around with putting her in 4WD Low and found that she likes to be in park to shift from H to L or L to H. My 80 I was able to do it in Nuetral on the Transmission.

Yeah I can freely shift from h-l in both neutral and park. You might need to go back and forth a couple of times and drive around you neighborhood with it in low and see if getting things warmed up and moving helps free it up.

Sent from my XT1585

So a long over due update now that I have had the truck for Almost 2 months now.

Loving the V8 although I don't really get on it too much. Mostly have loved the now down shifting constantly on the grades during the three trips we have taken.

Took it off road finally last Sunday on what would have been a boring logging road but with the rain made it quite the muddy and slippery adventure. Myself and an 80 were on stock tires with good tread and we were with my buddy's fully locked 80 on brand new MT tires and a well built FFCruiser on AT tires. None of us really had traction and every banked turn slid is down next to the hill side and into the bushes.
But we all made it up to Idyllwild at over 5,000 ft where it was hailing on us and snow was going to hit again that night. Good time out with all and overall I was pretty happy with how Lexy performed and can definitely see getting used to the ATRAC but the Downhill Assist Control was annoying and would probably only use when I'm a precarious situation.
One thing I wasn't too impressed with was the defrosted front and rear. It was raining pretty good and my passenger and I were both pretty wet so it was a pretty extreme case for the windshield to stay clear. And the rear defroster never fully cleared maybe I should have put on the rear vents and not just the window defroster?

One other thing I have noticed in daily driving is there is a lot of feel in the brake pedal mostly pulses so not sure if that is normal? Definitely different than the 80 series.

yes the brakes are all computerized. Mine are always doing weird stuff like they are constantly thinking.

Forgot to mention that my biggest gripe with the truck is that I am about 50/50 on it filling up without the gas nozzle clicking off 5-10 times! The other 50% of the time it pumps perfect and clicks off the one time when it is full. This is at many different gas stations not just the same one and I am initially thinking that it is the extreme angle of the gas spout on these trucks and how vertical it is. Curious to hear if anyone else has this issue with their GX.

Never have had the gas pump issue. Weird.

Forgot to mention that my biggest gripe with the truck is that I am about 50/50 on it filling up without the gas nozzle clicking off 5-10 times! The other 50% of the time it pumps perfect and clicks off the one time when it is full. This is at many different gas stations not just the same one and I am initially thinking that it is the extreme angle of the gas spout on these trucks and how vertical it is. Curious to hear if anyone else has this issue with their GX.

YES!!!! Really glad to hear that this isn't just me. Some gas stations seem to be just fine and it's never a problem if I hold the pump handle at a certain angle BUT when I use the pump-hold lever on the pump and try to walk away it almost always clicks off.

Maybe it is a California thing. May have different pump design due to some type of regulation I have not run in too. My rig has not been out West, yet. California tends to play by a different set of rules. Company I work for owns some significant real estate in San Francisco and trying to develop anything is torture. Shadow ordinance killed our last project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom