Builds ROTW: Slomo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

X2

sweet rig. your write ups are great.

Thanks again all I really enjoy being able to contribute something, and appreciate the kind words and thoughts, the write up turned out pretty cool. I am so anal I had it written in Word first, spell checked, links layed out pictures sized and in order in a seperate file.... :rolleyes: The SoCal 80's guys can vouch for meticulousness. (cool word :cool: ):flipoff2:

Nice looking rid.

How would you compare FOR to OME springs (ride wise; stifness, and etc)?

I like the FOR springs very much, the ride is similar to the OME's but they hold a load better (less sagging with same weight). I really had hoped to replace my OME shocks by now with some valved according to what Nay and Frankie decided on so the shocks would be properly tuned to the springs. I imagine the ride would be even better. That being said it still rides fantastic, controlled but not harsh and minimal body roll. I still have both swaybars but dropped 1" each. Pretty good considering the truck weighs in at 6k lbs with all the crap we put on and the fact that we take that extra weight lift it higher to do the exploring/wheeling that we all love here. Except LX_TREME of course! :flipoff2:

I second Beowulf, I love checking out the rigs each week and finding out what else I "NEED" to do to mine. White 80's rule, the rest of you are just jealous. :hillbilly:

Can you tell us more on your roof solution.

Nice rig!!

I removed the factory rack and drilled out the wellnuts, then I used aluminum tape to cover the holes and marked out the pattern in tape. I just followed the molded ridges in the roof and the basic footp print of the factory racks to cover up all the scuffed and damaged paint. Then applied Durabak like "normal" on the rest of the truck. concretejungle has a great write up on his Durabak process that I used when I did mine.

Is that a noose hanging from your rear view mirror?

Very good eye. That is my lucky noose, I have had it in every one of my trucks since I turned 16, almost 20 years! :eek: I do have to confess that the physical original finally disintigrated to dust, literally, about 2-3 years ago and I had to make the current one and bless it, drive in the dirt, and pour a little beer on it and I was back buisness. Brings me good luck and keeps me from getting killed behind the wheel. FYI I didn't have it on my ride I totalled two years ago mentioned in the first post. Won't make that mistake again. ;)

Pretty good considering the truck weighs in at 6k lbs with all the crap we put on and the fact that we take that extra weight lift it higher to do the exploring/wheeling that we all love here. Except LX_TREME of course! :flipoff2:

Hey let me out of this :flipoff2: by the way nice truck, but the customized plate [4LO 4MO] should be in the center and you should complain to DMV :D

. . . the customized plate [4LO 4MO] should be in the center and you should complain to DMV :D

Mo,

I noticed that at Calico, but didn't have the heart to mention it :doh:

I think you should have specified a space in the middle. :flipoff2:

Oh yeah,

I cant believe Smitty beat me to it. . . JAFW80!!

concretejungle has a great write up on his Durabak process that I used when I did mine.

Can you post the link for this? I couldn't find anything on Google. I have convinced my Tundra owning friend to remove the flares he is complaining about coming lose and rhino/durabak the fenders. I have offered to lend a hand and want to get schooled since I convinced him to use his vehicle as a giny pig (SP?)

Great write up albeit a little long winded (just kidding), wait 'til you see mine in a month or so (not kidding). Before I found my rig, I was dead set on finding a white 80 with a grey interior........So silver and tan it is:D . Still looking forward to crossing paths and wheeling with you.

Hey let me out of this :flipoff2: by the way nice truck, but the customized plate [4LO 4MO] should be in the center and you should complain to DMV :D

Mo,

I noticed that at Calico, but didn't have the heart to mention it :doh:

I think you should have specified a space in the middle. :flipoff2:

You two are the first to notice that but the plate is as good as they do it. It was that way when I set it up on the DMV website using the graphic design see what it would look like. Because of the background they only use 6 characters on the 911 memorial plate (also the Yosemite, whale tale ocean, arts with the palm trees etc..) and they are automatically offset to the side so they are techincally centered in their allowed window. The only space I was allowed to put is centered between the "4LO" and the "4MO" and the gap is a little bigger there. I think I might bitch to them anyway and tell them of my mental anguish caused by all the harrassment from their offset characters. I used to be able to sleep at night but now....:flipoff2:

Originally posted by Ting
Can you tell us more on your roof solution.

Orginally posted by Bluetribal
Can you post the link for this? I couldn't find anything on Google. I have convinced my Tundra owning friend to remove the flares he is complaining about coming lose and rhino/durabak the fenders. I have offered to lend a hand and want to get schooled since I convinced him to use his vehicle as a giny pig (SP?)

Forgot to mention earlier and these flare/roof rack and roofrack adhesive threads by Brent might also be helpfull. Glad you found concrete's threads. Oh, guinea pig. ;)

All I can add about the durabak is prep, prep and prep the surface and you will be just fine.

im diggin the 80. and whos fox 40 is that hangin in the garage?

That's my new Gary Fisher Cake Deluxe. :D

And I haven't wheeled with you yet Mo I'm missing out...nice rig great work on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom