YotaMD Titanium Integrated Remote Key Fob Shell (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As a new (72hours) owner of a 100 series I am excited to stumble on this thread. I have one key in pieces and one intact. However I had no idea they were so fragile and already overdid it with the intact one and its now tenuous at best.

Went to the yotamd site this morning but Orange and FDE are out of stock. OP any idea when that might change?

As a new (72hours) owner of a 100 series I am excited to stumble on this thread. I have one key in pieces and one intact. However I had no idea they were so fragile and already overdid it with the intact one and its now tenuous at best.

Went to the yotamd site this morning but Orange and FDE are out of stock. OP any idea when that might change?

Both should be coming back in stock in the next week or so!

Both should be coming back in stock in the next week or so!
I shall be gentle with it in the meantime.

Thankyou for producing this product. It seems like a small thing but its so very important to many. Its among the very best aspects of mud when a vendor identifies a need like this and spends all of the time and effort required to fill the void. :beer:

I shall be gentle with it in the meantime.

Thankyou for producing this product. It seems like a small thing but its so very important to many. Its among the very best aspects of mud when a vendor identifies a need like this and spends all of the time and effort required to fill the void. :beer:

Thankfully the 'mud crowd is very loyal and rewarding for many of the vendors on here. We've got a pretty niche market with our 100 series and we've got a wide variety of high-quality products made by small business vendors because so many folks on here buy from fellow enthusiasts. I'm thrilled to be a contributing part of that niche market!

Just ordered, first purchase for the new 100 series! Thanks again

New Color! Bright Purple. I like it. My wife LOVES it.

I offered a purple dyed version a while back, but this new version is a more true "purple" and definitely more durable as it's a Cerakote coating. Let me know what you think!

YMD1 - Titanium Toyota/Lexus Key Kit

YMD1PRP.JPG

Will you be at HIH this year again? I want a cerakoted HIH edition case for my key :)

I will indeed. I'm a sponsoring vendor again!

I'm planning to make some hih9 fobs in at least one cerakote color. Unsure exactly which one and how many as of now, but there will be some!

I will indeed. I'm a sponsoring vendor again!

I'm planning to make some hih9 fobs in at least one cerakote color. Unsure exactly which one and how many as of now, but there will be some!

Awesome. Mark me down for 1 :)

Hey @suprarx7nut. I had the stainless screw at the top of my fob (which is shorter if I remember correctly) back out and disappear. I don't see replacement screws on your site. Do you offer these?

Hey @suprarx7nut. I had the stainless screw at the top of my fob (which is shorter if I remember correctly) back out and disappear. I don't see replacement screws on your site. Do you offer these?

You can buy a full spare set of hardware on the site for $10 shipped, but I'd be happy to ship out a few screws and nuts for just a few bucks to cover shipping. Pm me an email address if that sounds good and I'll send an invoice your way.

I had the stainless screw at the top of my fob (which is shorter if I remember correctly) back out and disappear....

That same screw fell out of my key during the first week of use. Been using it without that screw since, for more than a year now. This message prompted me to dig out my spare screw kit and replace it - hoping it holds this time. Looks better with all the screws in place.

You can buy a full spare set of hardware on the site for $10 shipped.

Just went ahead and ordered the full set. Cheap peace of mind

That same screw fell out of my key during the first week of use. Been using it without that screw since, for more than a year now. This message prompted me to dig out my spare screw kit and replace it - hoping it holds this time. Looks better with all the screws in place.

I'm sure it would be fine w/o it, and I almost used the black screw as a replacement, but OCD is as OCD does

Fob finally broke today, ordered one in Zombie Green :D

wish these weren't so expensive!!

Can't blame ya for that mentality. They aren't cheap.

I promise you, though, they're fabricated with care and precision to back up the price tag. The customer service level is also exceptional, if I do say so myself. Everything is sourced/fabricated in the USA (the titanium and plastic are actually all from my home state of Colorado!) and the titanium and plastics are held to tolerances typically reserved for aerospace and medical equipment. Every hole in the titanium is pin-gauged and reamed as needed to ensure proper fitment. There is no other key shell out there like this.

You've also got me packing orders and following up on emails and forum messages at 1 AM on a work night backing up the product on the admin side.

In short, it's expensive, but it'll look good, work well and you'll have a lifeline standing by if you run into anything weird. :)

Just for perspective. When I went to the dealer to get my key code they had a little sign for a " forever key" or something like that. Looks just like the original but a much harder plastic shell. It actually felt really good to the touch and if they came from the factory like that none of us would be having any problems. They priced it at 130 bucks for the shell, that was in addition to the cost of a new key and fob. The young man who was helping me find the key code was so aloof and disinterested in me and my concerns I didn't bother to ask what the total for the package would be.
Bottom line is nothing about these vehicles is cheap. On balance I think this one is inexpensive in the grand scheme and most importantly offers a great solution to a tricky little problem. Just my .02

If you ever worry about your key (I did constantly, very brittle) the $80 or whatever it is is worth it because I have not worried about my key for one second in the nearly year and a half I’ve had it. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, it’s very rare to find a product that I feel has almost no flaws.

PS andy I’d love to buy a set of HIH9 plastics this year, I bought the HIH8 set and absolutely love it. Previously I bought an orange key set and have just bought new plastics as I go.

If you ever worry about your key (I did constantly, very brittle) the $80 or whatever it is is worth it because I have not worried about my key for one second in the nearly year and a half I’ve had it. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, it’s very rare to find a product that I feel has almost no flaws.

PS andy I’d love to buy a set of HIH9 plastics this year, I bought the HIH8 set and absolutely love it. Previously I bought an orange key set and have just bought new plastics as I go.

I will definitely have HIH9 fobs available at HIH this year again. Make sure you swing by my area at camp. I'm trying to get a big YotaMD flag so hopefully my spot will be readily visible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom