YotaMD Titanium Integrated Remote Key Fob Shell (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

***** Review. Five Star Review.

Got mine a few months ago and feel it is well worth the investment. The key is in your hand a lot and is one of the physical interfaces with the truck so it should feel solid. This key feels great.

I bought a few of the cheap ebay cases for the key blank and had one cut to a VIN cut master I keep as a backup. No point in installing an old worn key into this brand new case (same for the battery). Yota MD should consider options to ship a new blank and a battery with the case. (upsale is the key to profits)

Thanks for the suggestion. I just ordered up some CR1616 batteries and will be offering this in the future. I think I'll add it as an option once I update the site with some Cerakoted options.

I had the same concerns upon assembly. My key does move side to side a small amount as the pins no longer hold it in place. The only part preventing the key from being pulled out of the plastic portion is the small screw. There are really no pulling or pushing forces on the key so it shouldn't be an issue.

I really don't have much of a concern at this point after using it for a couple of weeks.

I can totally understand this concern. Those darn I style keys vary a little in width. The tolerance for a tight fit is smaller than the variance in customer keys. That means if I tighten up the pin width to hold the skinny keys tight, normal and large width keys won't fit at all. It's an annoying balancing act and unfortunately I can't get them all as tight as I want.

One option is to add a tiny shim of paper between the key edge and a pin. I hate recommending shims as a solution, but it may be the only option to get all those I style keys held tightly.

Keep us posted on this please! My wife's key is the U style, she does not like when it gets wiggly..

I still need to tweak the design to get a tight grip on the U style, but I think we're close. I have the nut feature added, just need to play with the placement to ensure it stays put.

I'd KISS and offer a few premade color combos that look particularly good. Red, white, blue....and so forth.

Then offer a few select colors of Ti as an upgrade. White, black, blue, red.

Merry Christmas to me, great product!

668FA78B-7B79-42F9-88F8-3E115C6C900E.jpeg

Last edited:
@suprarx7nut

What is the hex size for screws? I need to change my battery for the fob but lost the hex driver.
Thanks

1.3mm. It's sometimes found in cell phone repair tool kits. It's generally the smallest hex wrench you can find in kits.

This should be exactly what you need. McMaster-Carr McMaster ships fast, but might cost you $5-10 pending your location.

If you have any trouble finding one and are ok with snail mail speed, let me know. I'd be happy to send one out for just the cost of postage ($2.66).

1.3mm. It's sometimes found in cell phone repair tool kits. It's generally the smallest hex wrench you can find in kits.

This should be exactly what you need. McMaster-Carr McMaster ships fast, but might cost you $5-10 pending your location.

If you have any trouble finding one and are ok with snail mail speed, let me know. I'd be happy to send one out for just the cost of postage ($2.66).

Appreciate it! I should be able to find one, but will message you if I can't. Thanks.

Hi @suprarx7nut I don't explicitly see that you have orange kits for a 2001 cruiser, only purple and green. Is that just a webstore issue?

@jasoncjung I'm currently transitioning my colors over to a new manufacturing method (cerekote). During the transition I'm pulling options as I run out of the old colors and adding them back with updated pictures as the new ones come in.

I just got some red in tonight so you'll see that pop up on the site soon. It's a deep, dark red of sorts. Orange is the next color coming in! Probably 2 weeks out right now.

@suprarx7nut Ok cool, I will wait no problem. Wife dropped keys in middle of street and all that is left is the shank, luckily is one of the compatible ones with a hole. I'm in no hurry, b/c I'm purchasing some amazon transponder replacement keys to see how those work. Maybe her obliterating the key was no accident, since she knew I wanted one of these . . .

I ordered 2 2004 keys from remotesremotes.com. Had to go through 3 sets of programming instructions to find the right one for 04 LC to do the keyless entry and add it to the starter enable registry but they work great. And then mounted the guts of my old master key into an orange yotamd shell. Very happy customer!

Only problem on the yotamd shell was that the threaded nuts weren’t premounted in the shell socket. Had a devil of a time mounting them (big shaky fingers) and ultimately had to resort to mounting it on one of the extra screw inserts to level it while I pushed it into the shell socket from the back. Then just backed out the insert from the back as the threads from the front grabbed. MacGruber ain’t got nothing on me!

Last edited:
Went to your site to check inventory. Looks like its just black for basic. Are you still two weeks for replenish? Looking for Battle Ship Grey please and thank you. :)

Went to your site to check inventory. Looks like its just black for basic. Are you still two weeks for replenish? Looking for Battle Ship Grey please and thank you. :)

I got in on the Black Friday sale which was for black only. Took some spray paint and painted the shell orange. Just over a month of use and it has worn well in my opinion. Edges has worn back to black but that is fine w me. I wanted a bright color since I do a good amount of outdoor activities and wanted to easily find it if I drop it in the woods.

6844017F-2F0F-4562-8E03-81EC35901D71.jpeg

7F0A3C66-057F-4E41-A3F0-CD9C7CAA68C3.jpeg

Yeah, sorry, I'm in the midst of a revision update and inventory is a little less varied while I make this change. The change will help ensure compatibility with some of the oddball keys out there.

I'm well-stocked on black units now. I also have some of the new reds that will be posted soon. I will be ordering up a bunch of orange, blue, green and grey shortly. I expect inventory variety to be near previous levels in about 3 weeks.

As of now though, no grey. Sorry!

Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom