Builds Work In Progress aka: Badass (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Engaged 4H and 4L just on a sandy backroad. Went in good but coming out I still had to do the reverse trick. I had hoped that would have been alleviated?

39B343EA-DB86-4E5E-885D-E4D8D6C4B136.jpeg

Bunch of thumbs up and smiles from oncoming drivers. :)

00BB8150-E771-47C9-B99B-A18CFB88E6C3.jpeg

3B30B99E-5AE8-4422-9496-1A54877F5AD4.jpeg

Engaged 4H and 4L just on a sandy backroad. Went in good but coming out I still had to do the reverse trick. I had hoped that would have been alleviated?

I have to do that as often as not on my 40, with a rebuilt H41 and a new Orion transfer case. 4-low puts a lot of torque on the gears and diffs; the reverse trick just lets them unwind. No harm, no foul.

Happy Tday! Pineapple Upside Down Ginger Cake.

ED850A26-E622-4D71-943E-9BDF66FAB517.jpeg

97B30651-7A69-4059-8654-3D8551627AE2.jpeg

Congrats here F. There is nothing more satisfying to me than solving your own problems and making things work all by your own hand. Just with the limited things I have done on my truck, its a great feeling. I cannot imagine how satisfying this is for you. Just outstanding work on getting this beast back on the road. Amazing stuff and you should be really proud of what you have done. Just so impressive and inspirational. Outstanding stuff.

Congrats here F. There is nothing more satisfying to me than solving your own problems and making things work all by your own hand. Just with the limited things I have done on my truck, its a great feeling. I cannot imagine how satisfying this is for you. Just outstanding work on getting this beast back on the road. Amazing stuff and you should be really proud of what you have done. Just so impressive and inspirational. Outstanding stuff.
Thank you! It’s an fantastic and terrifying feeling all rolled into one! :)

Had a moment of WTF earlier. Truck wouldn’t start at gas station. Last thing I’d done was added dry gas. It was running/sputtering which HAS got to be that crap. Prior to that I did an oil change, no big deal. Lots of rain last night and this AM. Truck always acted poorly when wet outside. Only thing I wasn’t doing at the gas station was pulling the choke. Truck wasn’t cold so I just hadn’t thought to do it. It seemed like it was flooded. Carb was way full so I didn’t think to pull the choke cuz I figured she was too full already. My tranny knight came to help me... pushed me out from the pump area. We popped open the air cleaner, carb was dry. We closed it up and I got in and tried starting w/ choke. Fired right up. What a flake.
And to my defense the city racer never seems to like to be choked, like literally chokes it out. Idk. Someday I’ll understand. Tranny knight said some carbs have a limiter set into them...

Had a moment of WTF earlier. Truck wouldn’t start at gas station. Last thing I’d done was added dry gas. It was running/sputtering which HAS got to be that crap. Prior to that I did an oil change, no big deal. Lots of rain last night and this AM. Truck always acted poorly when wet outside. Only thing I wasn’t doing at the gas station was pulling the choke. Truck wasn’t cold so I just hadn’t thought to do it. It seemed like it was flooded. Carb was way full so I didn’t think to pull the choke cuz I figured she was too full already. My tranny knight came to help me... pushed me out from the pump area. We popped open the air cleaner, carb was dry. We closed it up and I got in and tried starting w/ choke. Fired right up. What a flake.
And to my defense the city racer never seems to like to be choked, like literally chokes it out. Idk. Someday I’ll understand. Tranny knight said some carbs have a limiter set into them...
I'm still trying to figure out when to/when not to choke the carb. As I've driven it more I've found that the 800 mile trip back with a couple tanks of good gas has helped tremendously, and when hot I didn't need to pump or choke the truck at all. Doing so would flood it out. I know some folks said that having the 62 project there gives me a donor for EFI, but the thing with EFI is that you can't really roadside fix them if they go tits up. The carbs are a bit more finicky, but I like knowing it can be fixed with bubblegum and shoestrings.

BTW, hell of a job getting your rig back on the road! Something about driving down the road in a car that you had in pieces just days before, huh?

yeah what she's done here i believe makes lesser men cower in fear behind mama's skirts

Exhaust work.

BF02FDA2-2832-41CF-97B3-2D51E05E9B29.jpeg

0AB076FD-F6E8-49A8-8A5C-78DD3891DA28.jpeg

2ECAFF23-0D31-4FE2-8727-563DC44BFB51.jpeg

My Fuji carb can be weird. I find it works better with the choke half way out.

“I don’t need supervising” ha! Who is that?!?
And I loved “the tags are on the back!”

we know you didn’t need the tranny knight supervising either!

“I don’t need supervising” ha! Who is that?!?
And I loved “the tags are on the back!”

we know you didn’t need the tranny knight supervising either!
Oh no no, I needed his brawn for sure. I could not at all move that thing what’s so ever. :)
But yeah, my kid is most definitely my kid.

Truck has a muffler on it now about where a cat would be and it’s soooo much better to drive for umph and sound.
Went out w/ the kid and retrieved a tree.

28124C18-8AD5-4360-A452-F16B2946714F.jpeg

2C48B02F-4FFB-46A4-98D0-DC939F46D9A8.jpeg

9F7FBDCA-006A-4180-9712-24895C714529.jpeg

B4F1E650-BA55-4A71-B9B1-DA266BE07F81.jpeg

Forgot the best part of the day... Sal’s finished writing assignment today.

C1BB87B9-9A53-4FC6-9BC5-6DFD0351EB15.jpeg

Last edited:
Also just to show I did clean up my welds prior to install.

7B2C5269-0EC2-4EB7-A82C-717DED9ADAAA.jpeg

0BA534A4-F147-490A-B7AB-1A61E4F69911.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom