Windshield Issue Kool Katz (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow, I am sorry you had these issues but thank you for the alerts. Good to know going forward!

None. Chineses made stuff usually has poor quality control. Looks like you have an improper sized window. That's all. I still have original toyota glass in my 60.

I've had Chinese glass put in my 100 in the past and they all have sucked. Poor fitment and visibility.
Kool Kats took the stance that their glass isn’t an issue. The FY FW425 with the blue sun strip at the top fit perfect and ready to go.
It looks like a very nice cruiser. Why not spring for a “real” windshield replacement? Pardon my ignorance
you got one

Called Friday and deflected. Did a follow up email then and yesterday. No responses until I filed a dispute. Quoted their 14 day return policy and said “we sent you what was on the website, we’ve sold hundreds and never have had issues”. Also said “we sell dozens to Proffitt Resurrection and he has never had a complaint”. The fact won’t even acknowledge my request until I challenge on the money, then default to their policy, then say I’m wrong. I’ve got the windshield laying on top of what came out of it which fit fine, it’s an inch short length and width. Bought an FY and it’s fine.

You can’t make this up.
How much energy are you willing to put into this? I'm vindictive in these situations so I'd take them to small claims court. If they've ripped you off they've ripped others off too.

I need a windshield for my 60 soon. This really helped make my decision. Thanks for letting this be known.

How much energy are you willing to put into this? I'm vindictive in these situations so I'd take them to small claims court. If they've ripped you off they've ripped others off too.
The owner returned my call yesterday only after I disputed it at PayPal. At this point I’m still considered the enemy and only ground he’d take was consider giving me a partial credit. He accused my shop of lying the resto shop liars and he listened very little. I’m not done.

Last edited:
I need a windshield for my 60 soon. This really helped make my decision. Thanks for letting this be known.
Snag that factory from @SAH Alex. Or get an FY. They have the blue bands on them, that’s what I ultimately got. And the FY was $150 out the door, that’s hard to beat and available

I have a factory one in GA. Not sure if it would be financially feasible to sell/ship
I appreciate you offering to help in a bind. Is there any chance you could send me length and width of the factory window? That would help so much

Any place that retails the FY part directly? When I dig in to it, it looks like most have the Trival. Googling the FY part number doesn't return anything. Cruiser Corps advertises their own, but at $500.

The owner returned my call yesterday only after I disputed it at PayPal. At this point I’m still considered the enemy and only ground he’d take was consider going me a partial credit. He accused my shop of lying the resto show liars and he listened very little. I’m not done.
Most definitely unacceptable to only offer partial credit after all that and the treatment they've given you. I would settle for no less than a full refund or their next communication can be from an attorney.

I've had to make that threat a few times in recent years with insurance companies and once litigation is brought to the table they've always coughed up.

Any place that retails the FY part directly? When I dig in to it, it looks like most have the Trival. Googling the FY part number doesn't return anything. Cruiser Corps advertises their own, but at $500.
I have another post where I bought a $500 CruiserCorp windshield and 8 days later after I asked for tracking they said, oh they were all broke and no longer available. Usual smoke and mirrors from them. The FW00425 is still available however not sure about direct. They were in stock at local shop that picked up and installed same day. $125. I have a Trival sitting in my garage and thinking of adding it to the bottom of fireplace as broken glass. Delivered that window cost $479…yeah me…

Most definitely unacceptable to only offer partial credit after all that and the treatment they've given you. I would settle for no less than a full refund or their next communication can be from an attorney.

I've had to make that threat a few times in recent years with insurance companies and once litigation is brought to the table they've always coughed up.
Yep it’s not over.

I have another post where I bought a $500 CruiserCorp windshield and 8 days later after I asked for tracking they said, oh they were all broke and no longer available. Usual smoke and mirrors from them. The FW00425 is still available however not sure about direct. They were in stock at local shop that picked up and installed same day. $125. I have a Trival sitting in my garage and thinking of adding it to the bottom of fireplace as broken glass. Delivered that window cost $479…yeah me…
Thanks for info, sounds like you have to call a glass shop and get their wholesale part availability. And same experience with Cruiser Corps, their website stock availability means nothing versus what they actually have and can ship.

After talking to several FJ60/62 owners and getting some OEM and FY measurements it is confirmed the Trival window is a defect but they refuse to accept that, from top to bottom it is too narrow by 1/2 inch. Started the chargeback process. Good luck…

After talking to several FJ60/62 owners and getting some OEM and FY measurements it is confirmed the Trival window is a defect but they refuse to accept that, from top to bottom it is too narrow by 1/2 inch. Started the chargeback process. Good luck…
@wester11 I saw your post last week while I was waiting for my go to glass shop to find out whether they could source a replacement for my 88 62
While I didn’t read all of it the issues and company name stuck in my head

Glass shop said they did find replacement … she mentioned Ohio, $181 for glass, but wasn’t sure outfit … upon my further research I found that they company was in fact Kool Katz …
I posted another request for help last night

Thread 'Hep Hep!!! 88 Windshield Advise - Kool Katz'
Hep Hep!!! 88 Windshield Advise - Kool Katz - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/hep-hep-88-windshield-advise-kool-katz.1311325/

and another user reminded me of your recent post and not so divine experience-

Glass shop hasn’t charged me yet - they want to one make sure it’s actually in stock as we all know sometimes they say they have an item, but don’t.
Two wanted to inspect, measure and handle any issues if need be.

IYO do you think it was a random fluke? Or from replies do you think they’ve got a questionable rep.? I mean if they stock Profits that’s got to say something??
Insight suggestions and recommendations Much appreciated
Xo g

@wester11 I saw your post last week while I was waiting for my go to glass shop to find out whether they could source a replacement for my 88 62
While I didn’t read all of it the issues and company name stuck in my head

Glass shop said they did find replacement … she mentioned Ohio, $181 for glass, but wasn’t sure outfit … upon my further research I found that they company was in fact Kool Katz …
I posted another request for help last night

Thread 'Hep Hep!!! 88 Windshield Advise - Kool Katz'
Hep Hep!!! 88 Windshield Advise - Kool Katz - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/hep-hep-88-windshield-advise-kool-katz.1311325/

and another user reminded me of your recent post and not so divine experience-

Glass shop hasn’t charged me yet - they want to one make sure it’s actually in stock as we all know sometimes they say they have an item, but don’t.
Two wanted to inspect, measure and handle any issues if need be.

IYO do you think it was a random fluke? Or from replies do you think they’ve got a questionable rep.? I mean if they stock Profits that’s got to say something??
Insight suggestions and recommendations Much appreciated
Xo g
Hey there, the FY window is available through most aftermarket. I’ve measured exactly what shortages I have with this one. See here. Overall 1/2 to narrow. I don’t think Kool Katz are a bunch of criminals but do not know how to deal with criticism. Type shop that loves to take money but never admit an issue.

I wouldn’t deal with them again. Again the FW425 is available through most. The guy guy further up this page also has a OEM which would be cool

Hey there, the FY window is available through most aftermarket. I’ve measured exactly what shortages I have with this one. See here. Overall 1/2 to narrow. I don’t think Kool Katz are a bunch of criminals but do not know how to deal with criticism. Type shop that loves to take money but never admit an issue.

I wouldn’t deal with them again. Again the FW425 is available through most. The guy guy further up this page also has a OEM which would be cool
Lack of accountability really gets my goat! Figure better it be glass companies headache before install than mine.
I’d prefer OEM…obvs - I’ll check out your thread for said OEM.
Here’s mine now …
image.jpg

image.jpg

Not sure if it is original or a official Toyota replacement when they were still available…
If it is original it kills me to have to replace mine - cause of the two chips I didn’t even get pleasure of doing myself…
Aside from the chips it’s not problematic- doesn’t leak now but I’ll be devastated if after replacement ive opened Pandora’s box of windshield issues.

I also saw Cruiser Corps has them and they ship- albeit it’s more expensive- but perhaps a better fit, literally.

I have a factory one in GA. Not sure if it would be financially feasible to sell/ship
@SAH - @wester11 said you may have a windshield for 88 FJ62?? Just found out the replacement one my glass folks ordered is from Kool Katz - clearly I’ve got trepidations…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom