Windshield Issue Kool Katz (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TexasLandCruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
pin.it
The bodyshop called and said something is off. The SOR gasket with channel fit proper to the Trival glass, 80-89 but approximately 1/2 gap sides and top. Sides barely touched, this doesn’t appear to be a scoot it over thing. Confirmed on invoices the numbers and description.

No modification to body, no damage, FG425 window fit fine.

At a loss. Any ideas which direction to go. Is this a gasket and window thing or QAQC Chin’r or what?

D4EF8644-80EC-4934-8368-E09E9BA7FCDE.jpeg

what is your personal experience with this window that lead you to this conclusion?
None. Chineses made stuff usually has poor quality control. Looks like you have an improper sized window. That's all. I still have original toyota glass in my 60.

I've had Chinese glass put in my 100 in the past and they all have sucked. Poor fitment and visibility.

None. Chineses made stuff usually has poor quality control. Looks like you have an improper sized window. That's all. I still have original toyota glass in my 60.

I've had Chinese glass put in my 100 in the past and they all have sucked. Poor fitment and visibility.
The glass guy was able to get another Fuyao same I have. KoolKatz has a good reputation and sells batches to Proffitt and they haven’t had any complaints. I’m not sure if everyone has given up on QAQC and nobody says anything anymore idk. I do have 2 of everything now including new chrome

Well I didn’t know:

Also the folks at Koolkatz refuse to participate in the fact I’ve got a defective glass. I would not use them. Won’t return calls or messages. She answered the phone deflected the conversation then crickets. $500 delivered and wasted.

Sorry to hear your out some cash, but appreciate the feedback for the community
Called Friday and deflected. Did a follow up email then and yesterday. No responses until I filed a dispute. Quoted their 14 day return policy and said “we sent you what was on the website, we’ve sold hundreds and never have had issues”. Also said “we sell dozens to Proffitt Resurrection and he has never had a complaint”. The fact won’t even acknowledge my request until I challenge on the money, then default to their policy, then say I’m wrong. I’ve got the windshield laying on top of what came out of it which fit fine, it’s an inch short length and width. Bought an FY and it’s fine.

You can’t make this up.

Last edited:
Dang, sorry for the bad luck. I am about to pull a windshield to repair some a-pillar rust, and given the likelihood of breaking the glass on either removal/reinstall, am probably looking for a new windshield soon.
The local Model A Ford club uses this shop I’m at now for all their work. He used his glass guy to find a replacement after my problem with Kool Katz. He has a FY and said it was already ready to install today. Also was $150 v $300 which is what Kool Katz charged me, plus shipping. I have another window guy local that has a 60 window in his shop. If you get in a bind I’ll send you his number. I’m sure he’ll sell it

Ok glass guy sent me the difference between proper fitted glass and the crap Kool Katz sent me. Part numbers the same. The bottom glass is correct, top is Trival. They won’t respond, their business address is residential and dba some other company that isn’t on a register anywhere. Good luck y’all I got screwed but I’m fixed. Hope that saves some pain from someone else.

Over priced and cost me 5 days at the shop, added approximately $1000 extra direct and indirect. I got screwed and Beth the owner was offended I’d questioned them.

9287522B-D965-4BAD-B771-90B1D90CE95B.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom