Windshield Issue Kool Katz (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lack of accountability really gets my goat! Figure better it be glass companies headache before install than mine.
I’d prefer OEM…obvs - I’ll check out your thread for said OEM.
Here’s mine now …
View attachment 3307073
View attachment 3307085

Not sure if it is original or a official Toyota replacement when they were still available…
If it is original it kills me to have to replace mine - cause of the two chips I didn’t even get pleasure of doing myself…
Aside from the chips it’s not problematic- doesn’t leak now but I’ll be devastated if after replacement ive opened Pandora’s box of windshield issues.

I also saw Cruiser Corps has them and they ship- albeit it’s more expensive- but perhaps a better fit, literally.
I bought the Cruiser Corp windshield waited 8 days then called to find out where it was. They were all damaged yet they still charged me. Will not buy from them again.

@SAH has an OEM. But I was happy with the outcome of the FY FW425 installed.

@SAH - @wester11 said you may have a windshield for 88 FJ62?? Just found out the replacement one my glass folks ordered is from Kool Katz - clearly I’ve got trepidations…
If your glass is same measurements as this one you can have this one. To answer your original question since I can’t find any other complaints of the Trival must be a fluke. Message me I’d be happy to help you so this doesn’t happen to you

IMG_5643.jpeg

IMG_5638.jpeg

IMG_5637.jpeg

Thank you! I’ll keep you posted once shop does measurements- but if you can off load it in meantime do so!

Last edited:
@SAH - @wester11 said you may have a windshield for 88 FJ62?? Just found out the replacement one my glass folks ordered is from Kool Katz - clearly I’ve got trepidations…
I have a buddy on Instagram who sent me OEM width measurements of
top 51”
middle 56.25”
bottom widest point 59.25”

Make sure whatever you buy meets this width. This width should match perfect to your current. Tell whoever buys your windshield to take out of the box and measure before paying.

For those looking, I just bought a couple windshields from Glass America and they were great. Had glass locally and delivered it next day. They had a Fuyao FW425 in stock and fit great in my 60.

This has the blue stripe at the top.

Last edited:
I've bought two windshields from Kool Katz and a couple of the rear tailgate glass w/ heating element and was the one who originally posted a thread about the company. They are good people. It's a small family-owned glass shop. I've never had an issue with anything they've sent out to Kalifornia.

I don't know what happened in this case. Could be the glass is bad. But these trucks are almost 40 years old now. They get bounced around a lot if used off road. Was the windshield frame measured to see if it's still true-to-spec ?

I've bought two windshields from Kool Katz and a couple of the rear tailgate glass w/ heating element and was the one who originally posted a thread about the company. They are good people. It's a small family-owned glass shop. I've never had an issue with anything they've sent out to Kalifornia.

I don't know what happened in this case. Could be the glass is bad. But these trucks are almost 40 years old now. They get bounced around a lot if used off road. Was the windshield frame measured to see if it's still true-to-spec ?
Cab is good and I’ve done the resto, straight no wear. Also I’ve measured several FY windshields also 2 OEM and all are 1/2 inch wider than this one. This one is too narrow

Cab is good and I’ve done the resto, straight no wear. Also I’ve measured several FY windshields also 2 OEM and all are 1/2 inch wider than this one. This one is too narrow

Yeah, if the WS is out of spec, then they should have replaced, no questions.

FWIW, I went to Kool Katz 'cuz they were the only one (at the time) who could source the Blue-Stripe at the top version and the rear tail gate glass with defrost vanes. I'm in Sun-Country and the blue-stripe makes a big difference.

Good luck, all....

Yeah, if the WS is out of spec, then they should have replaced, no questions.

FWIW, I went to Kool Katz 'cuz they were the only one (at the time) who could source the Blue-Stripe at the top version and the rear tail gate glass with defrost vanes. I'm in Sun-Country and the blue-stripe makes a big difference.

Good luck, all....
The FW425 has the blue sun strip at the top and love it. The Trival didn’t.

The integrity of a person or how the behave in the tough times is key. All they had to do is represent the customer when they had a problem. He could have replaced that window for free. Instead it’ll be a ripple effect through his world.

If anyone has windshield issues message me I’ll send you my number and help you as much as I can.

Close out to this topic. The arrogance of Kool Katz. Zero communication until I filed claim and chargeback. Refund via PayPal and funds held for 2-4 weeks. Instead of agreeing to have the defect verified by a local shop and then scrap it, refund was conditional on shipping it from Texas to Ohio. $438 for windshield, $270 to ship it back.

Karma is a bitch

I just had a Kool Katz windshield installed professionally on My '87 60. Combined with the gasket from Steele Rubber and the fit is great.
Guy that did the work said it was the best non-OEM gasket he's worked with. Had the groove for the chrome and that fit well, also.

I did have to call Kool Katz because I couldn't find shipping info or order confirmation but the lady that picked up the phone was nice and very helpful.

I just had a Kool Katz windshield installed professionally on My '87 60. Combined with the gasket from Steele Rubber and the fit is great.
Guy that did the work said it was the best non-OEM gasket he's worked with. Had the groove for the chrome and that fit well, also.

I did have to call Kool Katz because I couldn't find shipping info or order confirmation but the lady that picked up the phone was nice and very helpful.
The gasket website looks pretty handy. Thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom