Who is still running their original radiator? Post up! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2006 replaced at 231,223 during a timing belt job. It was still functioning properly. My coolant temp readings through Scangauge were 3-5°F lower with the old radiator vs the new Mexico spec radiator. Obviously there are a lot of variables, but my temps are within a good range so whatever.

2006 replaced at 231,223 during a timing belt job. It was still functioning properly. My coolant temp readings through Scangauge were 3-5°F lower with the old radiator vs the new Mexico spec radiator. Obviously there are a lot of variables, but my temps are within a good range so whatever.

What differences did you notice physically with the Mexico spec unit vs. the original.....I am about to replace mine and don't understand what the differences are so far.

What differences did you notice physically with the Mexico spec unit vs. the original.....I am about to replace mine and don't understand what the differences are so far.

My understanding is that the only difference is the fin/inch is slightly less and isn't something you can really tell just by looking at it. Otherwise it dropped right in and was stamped made in Japan.

I WAS running the original, until it blew on a trip, hour from home. 2006 LX, about 245k when it let go. Get it checked and replaced if necessary. Nothing worse than breaking down on interstate. Especially with two dogs. They had to ride in LX while it was being towed, and they were not happy.

I am at 203k on an '06 LC....seeing some minor discoloration and since I am knee deep in figuring this rig out.....only had it two weeks-ish, I am adding a new radiator, hoses, thermostat and t's/hoses to the next order from the mothership!

I think mine is still original, 305,000 kms.
However it's time for replacing as the top tank is discolored.

My radiator just cracked across the top, ha! I wouldn't have noticed except that I routinely pop the hood and connect the battery to a Battery Tender, and there was several ounces of coolant across the front of the engine. I'll swap the new OEM one in tonight.

Picked up an OEM radiator yesterday from the dealer, AUD$613.
Can't complain.

156k (2000 model)

I spoke with a local friend who lost his LC to a cracked radiator; his wife was driving it and didn't notice any problems until the motor was destroyed. We commiserated over the lack of warning signs when the radiator goes; he said that he would have replaced his with every TB change as a preventative, because he'd still have his LC.

285k on a 07, but it's probably time to swap it out. I'm not interested in pushing it with summer approaching here in Phoenix.

205k on my 2002. Started leaking a couple weeks ago, just found the source (radiator). Time to replace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom