Where to buy wheel cylinder for 75 FST FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kmj64

SILVER Star
Threads
Needing a little help, I have just bought a 75 FST FJ40 and want (need) to replace the front and rear brakes. Looking at the usual places - SOR and CCOT they seem to be pricey, but maybe worth it. Is I've shopped the local parts stores and they don't carry them - Auto Zone and Oreilys. Any help is appreciated, I'm in the San Antonio area and my brother Centxfj60 is helping
IMG_2819.JPG

to add I'm looking for brake cylinders, sorry i did not mention that in the previous post

Brake cylinders are important and many people have had issues with aftermarket cylinders. If you can get OEM, go OEM. PM Beno about them.

Have you considered to send yours to be bored out and a stainless steel sleeve installed. That's what I am planning on doing with mine.

Needing a little help, I have just bought a 75 FST FJ40 and want (need) to replace the front and rear brakes. Looking at the usual places - SOR and CCOT they seem to be pricey, but maybe worth it. Is I've shopped the local parts stores and they don't carry them - Auto Zone and Oreilys. Any help is appreciated, I'm in the San Antonio area and my brother Centxfj60 is helpingView attachment 1403320
Nice 40! I'm in the San Antonio area myself. All great advice here!

If you stick mostly with toyota parts you'll be ahead of the game... There are many great mud vendors here

Here are several...

@beno for oem toyota stuff

Cruiser outfitters aka Kurt @cruiseroutfit oem and quality aftermarket

Jim aka @Downey he is Tojo Products | eBay Stores on eBay

Mark aka @65swb45 aftermarket ... oem... used mostly , he's got a lot http://www.marksoffroad.net/

Also @Racer65 has many new and nos goodies City Racer LLC

Also @Trollhole has the goods Trollhole's Cruisers

To name a few ... It all depends on what you need

Vendor area: Vendor Forums | IH8MUD Forum

@FloridaFJ80 has new or rebuilt tubs

With that said I do buy somethings from sor.com as well

I ordered mine from RockAuto.com. Cost me less than $20 a piece. I know people will say to go OEM or rebuild yours, but for less than $20 each I went with aftermarket and have had no problems at all with my 4 wheel drum brakes. I replaced the master cylinder too from there as well. Just cleaned everything up and installed new cylinders. Brake adjustment wasn't that bad either. I jacked up the truck, spun the wheels and adjusted accordingly until they felt snug. Stops straight, doesn't pull to one side, and I've had them on for a couple years now.

thanks much, i will look into this. My plan is to do a frame off this FJ. I want all the work to be 1st class

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom