Where have all the rear bumper fabricators gone!? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you have the patients wait for the IPOR. Its a great design. Lance wants to make a few changes to the swing out design and is trying to carve out some R N D time to get the tweaks done. He should be able to get it done by the summer.

I am working on bringing INTI bumpers.

They are working on my front bumper, will have: Hilift mount, base for 2 lights, 2 antenna mounts and upper base for winch hook (of course, space for winch). Don't have price yet, will need to have it here to determine price.

Will start on rear bumper in a month.

I have a first generation Slee that has served me well for many years. At first I did not want a swingout and I could have easily left it in the garage and covered the spindle. After living with one for over 15 years I'd never be without it.

My wife has a 4x4 labs and likes it. The swings do rattle a bit however. She pays no attention to it. Personally I would never hack my frame off but hers was a bit rusty anyway.

AOE makes a nice looking rear bumper

If its as nice a powder coat and as good a customer service as his front bumper, good luck ! Might as well go give your money to some random person on the street.

I got one two years ago wish I never had. the thing bounces up and down all the time with a 35" tire on it. Talked to LUKE and he said he had never heard of it and it was probably my truck....found a friend with the same issue luke told the same thing to.

My labs rear moves a lot more than I would like. Its even on 2x3 square and has 1/4'' gusseting. The movement comes from the spindle area which allows the entire tube to flex back and forth and makes it look like my hi lift is going to contact my hatch. If I were doing it again I would make the latches attach downward into the shell of the bumper instead of cross latching the two swingouts together. I think this would help with some of the flex.

Nothing looks better than the labs bumper, and it does have the most clearance. If I were the OP I would just wait for Slee or IPOR or maybe @reevesci to make another batch and go that route.

Well, I was going to suggest DC Fabrication in Paradise, CA, but I see they're out of business........

Thanks for the input! It sounds like a need a second cruiser. The one i have right now is too clean and I'd feel guilty beating the hell out of it.
If you have the patients wait for the IPOR. Its a great design. Lance wants to make a few changes to the swing out design and is trying to carve out some R N D time to get the tweaks done. He should be able to get it done by the summer.
Awesome! Yeah i can wait until summer.

4X4Labs is cool but be prepared to wait over a month if you order a complete bumper.

Well, I was going to suggest DC Fabrication in Paradise, CA, but I see they're out of business........
Not out of business, last I checked they took down the website due to projects being stacked up. Give them a call if interested.

Not out of business, last I checked they took down the website due to projects being stacked up. Give them a call if interested.

Apparently they've been to busy to mow the 25 SQ FT of grass too.

upload_2017-3-10_15-55-48.png

All out of business due to something-for-nothing client base.

Feeling bitter today? Maybe time for another #6.

If you think THIS group is cheap and wants something for nothing, you should see the Studebaker group! They were cheap to begin with and bought cheap-ass cars. Now they hold their head high and proclaim themselves CASO's.....Cheap Assed Studebaker Owners.

I guess we would be L'CASO's or L'XASO's......or just ASSO's.........

All out of business due to something-for-nothing client base.

YEP!

My favorite conversation of late on a 70 dual swing rear bumper....

Email inquirer--- "I figured all the prices on the steel/materials and looks to be around $386.40, but you probably get a better price than me so it would more than likely be cheaper."

Me-- that's quite possible, but not necessarily the case.

Email inquirer--- "If I had more time I could build this in a few hours. What do you charge per hour and how long do you think it would take to build it?"

Me-- 75$ per hour, most rear bumpers with dual swings are around the 10-14 hours mark.

Email inquirer--- "WOW! I guess I should start building bumpers for a living!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Me-- KNOCK YOURSELF OUT AND HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get a similar email 10-15 times a week. I can only imagine how many guys Onur deals with that are similar or worse than this.

J

YEP!

My favorite conversation of late on a 70 dual swing rear bumper....

Email inquirer--- "I figured all the prices on the steel/materials and looks to be around $386.40, but you probably get a better price than me so it would more than likely be cheaper."

Me-- that's quite possible, but not necessarily the case.

Email inquirer--- "If I had more time I could build this in a few hours. What do you charge per hour and how long do you think it would take to build it?"

Me-- 75$ per hour, most rear bumpers with dual swings are around the 10-14 hours mark.

Email inquirer--- "WOW! I guess I should start building bumpers for a living!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Me-- KNOCK YOURSELF OUT AND HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get a similar email 10-15 times a week. I can only imagine how many guys Onur deals with that are similar or worse than this.

J

It's always been funny/infuriating to me how people I meet are usually pretty cool when we start hanging out, but as soon as they find out I redo, Repair, repaint, or whatever to older "classics" and off-road vehicles, it's like they become possessed! "Could you help me do this"? "Can you paint this for me"?.... and of course they want me to do it "off the clock" so they can save some $!
I learned years ago, after doing the above a couple times, to not mix my hobby with my social life. Hell.... I was a full time, di%# in the dirt Marine for 21 years, this has always been my hobby/escape, pisses me off how everyone expects you to work on their garbage while they are out having a party!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom