Wheel Spacers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

just had a quick question about wheel spacers. i was looking on spidertrax and they dont have any for the 80 series cruiser. will any of the toyota 6x5.5 spacers work on our trucks, i.e. 95-03 tacoma, 1st gen tundra?

FYI, I am going to be running Tundra 5 split spoke wheels and need 1.25"-1.5" spacer.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

just had a quick question about wheel spacers. i was looking on spidertrax and they dont have any for the 80 series cruiser. will any of the toyota 6x5.5 spacers work on our trucks, i.e. 95-03 tacoma, 1st gen tundra?

FYI, I am going to be running Tundra 5 split spoke wheels and need 1.25"-1.5" spacer.

Did you ever find out what spydertrax spacers to get? I'm searching for the same answer.

Slee Offroad sells them for an 80 series, $99 a pair for 1.5" I believe

Slee Offroad sells them for an 80 series, $99 a pair for 1.5" I believe
I actually just found some blemished ones on Spidertrax outlet (WHS005) for $79 a pair with free shipping.

They are exactly the same as other ones but have cosmetic blemishes.

Just wish we had some 1" and 1.25" options. The EBay and Amazon ones seem like a scary option...

Research the whole lug centric vs hub centric thing. I use ebay spacers. They are machined aluminum with steel studs.

I believe the mentioned spidertrax WHS-005 are not hub centric but lug centric. That would be the correct spacer right????

X2 on the Spidertrax spacers from Slee.

dsc00116-jpg.998933

Any idea if these are the WHS-005 model????

Looks like a little hub showing, enough in the front for the wheel to center on? Rears look like it. Do you use 3 acorn style lugs to center?

I have never heard of the three nut thing, they bolt straight on. You use the supplied nuts inside the spacer on the stock studs and then use your stock lug nuts on the new studs of the spacer.

So do they mount straight on or do I need to do the "three nut" thing that's been mentioned in previous posts????

I have never heard of the three nut thing, they bolt straight on. You use the supplied nuts inside the spacer on the stock studs and then use your stock lug nuts on the new studs of the spacer.

There's some guys saying they had to center the spacer on their rig by using 3 conical nuts first, that supposedly centers it, then they use the non-conical nut to hold it place, remove the other three conical and replace with 3 additional non-conical nuts. It sounded damn confusing I can tell you that much. Good to hear it mounts straight on.

So do they mount straight on or do I need to do the "three nut" thing that's been mentioned in previous posts????

I think I got mine from MetalTech - lots of options out there. You need lug centric and yes, use the three nut method. I mounted mine without using tapered lugs to center and I had a bit of wheel wobble at certain speeds. Remounted using the three nut method and wobble be gone.

It has been a while but I am 90% certain the Spidertrax uses conical nuts. I will look and see if I have a picture somewhere.

There's some guys saying they had to center the spacer on their rig by using 3 conical nuts first, that supposedly centers it, then they use the non-conical nut to hold it place, remove the other three conical and replace with 3 additional non-conical nuts. It sounded damn confusing I can tell you that much. Good to hear it mounts straight on.

I think I got mine from MetalTech - lots of options out there. You need lug centric and yes, use the three nut method. I mounted mine without using tapered lugs to center and I had a bit of wheel wobble at certain speeds. Remounted using the three nut method and wobble be gone.

I am correct in the method? Use three conical nuts to center, then use non-conical nuts to lock into place, then remove the three conical and replace with non-conical??? So by the end, all six nuts are non-conical?

If you buy the Spidertrax they are conical nuts, I guarantee it. So no you just bolt them on.

I am correct in the method? Use three conical nuts to center, then use non-conical nuts to lock into place, then remove the three conical and replace with non-conical??? So by the end, all six nuts are non-conical?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom