What the hell is goin on in Jimmy's Barn (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also yanked this 2F for my 40

319366E5-E108-45BE-8E6C-49F81FFDC3BC.jpeg

D928330C-D482-443B-AB44-4FB4F00AFDAB.jpeg

9A91C975-7CF3-4FC3-9478-089DDCD8C00D.jpeg

As always, looks like a fun time at Jimmy’s barn. What’s up with the 100 series? Body swap?

As always, looks like a fun time at Jimmy’s barn. What’s up with the 100 series? Body swap?
Hey Luis. Coop is helping his two buds out by donating the 100. Pat needs a tub for his clean 100 series that was unfortunately rolled and I need a frame for a low mileage 100 my brother and I picked up a few years back. Originally came out of Pennsylvania so the frame is toast. Only has 115K on the ODO.

BTW...did you make it out to Roundup? was looking for you.

Hey Luis. Coop is helping his two buds out by donating the 100. Pat needs a tub for his clean 100 series that was unfortunately rolled and I need a frame for a low mileage 100 my brother and I picked up a few years back. Originally came out of Pennsylvania so the frame is toast. Only has 115K on the ODO.

BTW...did you make it out to Roundup? was looking for you.

Saving two 100's :beer:.

I did not make it to RO this year. The fuel pump on the 60 went out last Wednesday and could not get one in on time. The 100 developed a coolant leak behind the timing belt covers, need to open & pressure test to find the source of the leak

That was an awesome time. I wish I could have stayed longer. It was great to see you all!
Riding in the bucket is OSHA approved, isn’t it?
1B313E01-5B4F-4CF3-A03E-F8BA7A404C82.jpeg

I made it home safe. Jessica was waiting at the door with the official Pabst Blue Ribbon for me (and her) to celebrate a safe trip.
AF7A5966-1BC8-463F-A366-FE5B6D7B8D22.jpeg
DE80B34E-1CCA-4056-8FC8-6B468CA8CD21.jpeg

Man, cut you a piece of plywood and bolt it to the jack. Drill out some holes in the plywood to accept the studs from the trans mount. Prop up the t case. Drop the cross member, leaving the mount attached to the trans. Bolt the trans mount to the plywood and then you have a rock solid support for dropping and stabbing that baby! No more sketchy ratchet straps or tipping. Here are the best pics I have of this setup. Pulled the 4 speed. Swapped on the 5. Built the tcase on the jack. Stabbed it myself in two takes. Can’t reiterate enough how handy this setup is! Makes trans work a breeze!
072BA3EB-D9F8-4FD5-980D-082D885F88CF.jpeg
B4EDA279-AB45-424A-80FA-07470CE1D2E7.jpeg
7526DF51-FF48-489B-92A5-E6A142DFD952.jpeg

Man, cut you a piece of plywood and bolt it to the jack. Drill out some holes in the plywood to accept the studs from the trans mount. Prop up the t case. Drop the cross member, leaving the mount attached to the trans. Bolt the trans mount to the plywood and then you have a rock solid support for dropping and stabbing that baby! No more sketchy ratchet straps or tipping. Here are the best pics I have of this setup. Pulled the 4 speed. Swapped on the 5. Built the tcase on the jack. Stabbed it myself in two takes. Can’t reiterate enough how handy this setup is! Makes trans work a breeze!
@Hokie LX

Man, cut you a piece of plywood and bolt it to the jack. Drill out some holes in the plywood to accept the studs from the trans mount. Prop up the t case. Drop the cross member, leaving the mount attached to the trans. Bolt the trans mount to the plywood and then you have a rock solid support for dropping and stabbing that baby! No more sketchy ratchet straps or tipping. Here are the best pics I have of this setup. Pulled the 4 speed. Swapped on the 5. Built the tcase on the jack. Stabbed it myself in two takes. Can’t reiterate enough how handy this setup is! Makes trans work a breeze!View attachment 2984812View attachment 2984814View attachment 2984815
Definitely get what your saying and appreciate the feedback. And very nice work on the H55 and t-case build. That’s a great upgrade. This floor jack was retired a while back as I typically do transmissions on my lift with one of those 5-6’ jacks. The floor jack does have holes in the plate for the trans mount studs as that’s how I used to do them prior to buying the new jack. This event was a “let’s see how fast we can pull it” run. The motor was already out and we had my tractor there to haul the metal back to Coops truck by the barn. We had another cruiser to address in the barn and limited time.

Definitely get what your saying and appreciate the feedback. And very nice work on the H55 and t-case build. That’s a great upgrade. This floor jack was retired a while back as I typically do transmissions on my lift with one of those 5-6’ jacks. The floor jack does have holes in the plate for the trans mount studs as that’s how I used to do them prior to buying the new jack. This event was a “let’s see how fast we can pull it” run. The motor was already out and we had my tractor there to haul the metal back to Coops truck by the barn. We had another cruiser to address in the barn and limited time.
Well that’s pretty badass

@Hokie LX did I see this on a thread you posted?? I saw this years ago and I can’t for the life of me find the thread again. I didn’t come up with this rig on my own and have always wanted to give credit where it’s due. Being that I don’t have a proper lift this has been a godsend to me working in parking lots and driveways.

Nah, not on his thread. I remember reading about that trick years ago and forgot about it, figured it'd help him when he goes to stab his new trans and tcase into his truck.

Nah, not on his thread. I remember reading about that trick years ago and forgot about it, figured it'd help him when he goes to stab his new trans and tcase into his truck.
Man, I wish I knew who I saw that from. What a great solution!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom