what is your MPG (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a 1992 and Im lucky if I get 9MPG!

Fair enough.

Although most don't know what egr system does, it's more than just for smog. All modern engines have egr system and without it 30-40-50 mpg new cars are getting simply isn't possible.
My car artes running like crap. I deleted the EGR and it ran fine after wards. The stupid valve was stuck open.

i get 10-11 mpg in city and 12-13 on hwy, i have a 91 with armors and running 35s and lifted. Something is not working right

All in good fun.

1550870708239.gif

12.8 mpg on my last trip from Grand Junction to Denver. That was using ^^^^ the same method to calculate mileage (GPS/gallons used) I was really happy with that considering she's a 92 with stock gearing, 315/75/r17 KO2s, sliders, roof rack, camping gear, and refrigerator. That old girl LIVED at ~3600 rpms going up to the tunnel!

I got to the point that if I care how many miles per gallons my Cruisers get, then is time to get rid of them, which is not going to happen...🤣🤣🤣

i get 10-11 mpg in city and 12-13 on hwy, i have a 91 with armors and running 35s and lifted. Something is not working right

I was getting around 13 also with 35s, crap in the back, sliders, front bumper and winch......then The roof rack really killed my MPG! I can barely crack 12 going 65mph. And it doesn’t matter if it’s low profile or not.

I’m actually debating to go back to factory rack or just gutter mounts with bars that I can just take off. It is also making parking in garages basically impossible. Anyone interest in a full ARB steel rack? LOL

Here we go again.

You really want me to think about it. I smile everyday I drive it on 37’s, 6 inch lift, over 500 lbs of beadlocks and armor.

And I still get 12mpg......

Love every moment with it.

The only tank I ever calculated was when I was fully loaded for a 3 week trip. The gas was burned from central CA to as far into Nevada as my gas light would allow, can’t remember that small town on I80, but she got 13.7mpg and that’s rolling 37’s with 4.88’s over the sierra’s through Reno. With 290k on the clock and using only 1qt of oil per 5k miles, I’m pretty damned impressed based on the fact that my 1975 fj40 got 10mpg and other American 4x4’s I’ve owned got 10-12 also while offering less in every way.

Last edited:
other American 4x4’s I’ve owned got 10-12 also while offering less in every way.

This is what I don't get. Everyone loves to bitch about the 80s mpg, but for what it is, it really isn't bad. Name one other 4x4 as capable, robust and overbuilt as the 80 that's a similar size that gets better or even equivalent mpg. There isn't anything else out there that you can pack this much stuff into, get this far on the trail with and can take a beating as well as the 80 while getting better mpg. It doesn't exist in our market.

This is what I don't get. Everyone loves to bitch about the 80s mpg, but for what it is, it really isn't bad. Name one other 4x4 as capable, robust and overbuilt as the 80 that's a similar size that gets better or even equivalent mpg. There isn't anything else out there that you can pack this much stuff into, get this far on the trail with and can take a beating as well as the 80 while getting better mpg. It doesn't exist in our market.
Inexperience has a very loud voice on the internet and it will get louder as time passes. I think I’m quoting Plato there. Buy 80, enjoy 80. If it’s too expensive, sell 80, move on.

Inexperience has a very loud voice on the internet and it will get louder as time passes. I think I’m quoting Plato there. Buy 80, enjoy 80. If it’s too expensive, sell 80, move on.

Whoa!!! Plato had internet?????:eek: What’s his Snapchat, twitter and Facebook page?

Whoa!!! Plato had internet?????:eek: What’s his Snapchat, twitter and Facebook page?
Theneverevolvinghumancondition.com

Mixed rural driving with or without AC, 14.7 mpg tank after tank.

Best tank ever, 62 mph, no AC, flat long straight road, 17.5 mpg.

Off road? Yikes. 6-8 mpg.

Smiles per mile? Way higher than a Prius.

3" lift, 315s and pretty light (no armor, no loads most of the time) = 14.5 on a good day in the summer, 13 in the winter. This is using math to correct for tire size, not a GPS. Best I got on 265 tires was 14.7. Which is honestly a little disappointing since my 60 would occasionally get 15+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom