What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More, more, more...parts installed. Hopping to stab her in sometime tomorrow evening!

This is so.... clean and.... 'artsy'.... Like it belongs on display in a car museum! :D

Put on HFS shocks and made an excuse to drive her to get some ribs for dinner!

1498324710950-1123960015.jpg

Looks awesome. Do you mind sharing some pics of the 60 box?

Sure thing! I've got more pics somewhere or if you want something specific just ask! Running Luke's steering arms with Chevy tire rod ends.

Linkage

Plated frame spot...backside is plated too

Sure thing! I've got more pics somewhere or if you want something specific just ask! Running Luke's steering arms with Chevy tire rod ends.

Linkage

Plated frame spot...backside is plated too

Thanks alot, im putting together a friends 40 and am trying to get a gameplan together on how to mount the box.

Thanks alot, im putting together a friends 40 and am trying to get a gameplan together on how to mount the box.

Yep - shock hoops are a must and I also had to clearance the radiator support. I tried to mount it so the pitman arm was as high and close to the frame as possible so the steering arm wouldn't hit the passenger side spring when traveling upward. Luke also bent the arm mounts to help give me some extra room. I'll snap some more pics tomorrow to show what I'm saying!

Unfortunately the 40 still needs some TLC. I'm hoping it'll be on the road again this summer... now that the kids are big enough... Topless :)

Added a needed accessory, custom & hand made by a leather maker I know. Laser engraved and backed by a lifetime warranty.

IMG_6342.JPG

IMG_6343.JPG

Opened the front door to my office for a little fresh air this morning.....and with the Sun glistening off the chrome hub caps, I just had to snap a few photos.

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

Suffice to say, I started the week off by driving it to work.

Got some interior bits installed on the 73.

20170626_070911.jpg

Last edited:
What did you use for rubber under the hump?

Two things.
Under the hump I used an SOR gasket. Around the edge of the hump I used a super flexible door edge guard i bought on Amazon. :)

Unfortunately the 40 still needs some TLC. I'm hoping it'll be on the road again this summer... now that the kids are big enough... Topless :)

Added a needed accessory, custom & hand made by a leather maker I know. Laser engraved and backed by a lifetime warranty.

View attachment 1485319

View attachment 1485320

He has a small business selling handmade wallets, passport covers, field notes, etc. Even a leather tote that will get you out of trouble with the missus if you need to buy her off ;)

Pick from a selection of leather & colours of Tiger thread...
Popov Leather Canada, Handmade and Guaranteed for Life

View attachment 1485319

View attachment 1485320

I don't need a wallet, John... I have an FJ40. :cool:

But, he does beautiful work and has a lot from which to choose!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom