What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (34 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking at those pics you're going to run into the same situation as I did, the passenger side seat is going to sit too high, you are going to be looking just under the top of the windshield frame. If you put a hardtop back on it gets worse.

Unless of course you are only 5' tall.

I'm not bashing your build at all, don't take it that way, I'm just trying to share the lesson I learned before you get too committed. Personally I think those seats look killer and are 1000x more comfortable than the old school seats.

I appreciate the insight, but the seats sit fine. I sat in both of them as did my 6’ 2” brother in law and they are good to go. It will never have a hard top on it since it’ll be a mudder. My concern was the head clearance of the family cage. That also is good to go. I’ll take some pics while sitting in the seats. The only difference of these seats from maybe your experience is that these adjust up and down in a swinging motion. Not sure if that makes sense.hete are two more pics with the passenger seat almost all the way down. I still need to route some of the breather tubes on the gas tank out of the way to put it all the way down.

0029F76A-EBD1-4D4E-AE5A-A1A38AD7171D.jpeg

562FFA13-FE43-43D5-A740-D525643936EA.jpeg

I appreciate the insight, but the seats sit fine. I sat in both of them as did my 6’ 2” brother in law and they are good to go. It will never have a hard top on it since it’ll be a mudder. My concern was the head clearance of the family cage. That also is good to go. I’ll take some pics while sitting in the seats. The only difference of these seats from maybe your experience is that these adjust up and down in a swinging motion. Not sure if that makes sense.

Pretty much the same seats except mine are full power.
20170205_160933.jpg
20170205_160754.jpg

I bought some seats from LQK out of a 2004 Dodge Sebring. The drivers seat is power with lumbar support and heated as well although I haven't wired the heated part yet. The tool box was eliminated and a custom bracket was made which allows for the seat to fit me perfectly. The floor under the gas tank was rotted out like the floor under the tool box so new floors were made and welded in. The gas tank was removed to the rear and the passenger seat was also added with a custom frame. The seats were a mess when I got them, $80 for the pair, so I had them recovered. Sorry I don't have any photos of them installed.

Seats.jpg

Seats A.JPG

Are those LED tapes that you installed?

Yes, however the tape doesn't stick very well. I use superglue to fasten.

Here is the link from ebay:

Yes, however the tape doesn't stick very well. I use superglue to fasten.

Here is the link from ebay:

Can't quite tell, do you have them set up such that they just reflect light? Also can they be linked end to end or do you have to run wires to each one of you want to do multiple? Looking to do something similar in my troopy and this looks cool.

Installed a new tach that's more appropriate for my tired old 2F.

New 4K and old 6k:

IMG_2105.JPG
IMG_2125.JPG
IMG_2130.JPG

In the pictures it looks like the tach blocks quite a bit of the fuel and temp gauges, but when I'm driving it only blocks part of the "C" on the temp gauge, and part of the "F" on the fuel gauge. It doesn't bother me because the needles are never on "C" or "F" very long.

I've been driving it around this week, saw a for sale sign on the local red 40 today so I decided to stop and chat.
20191205_170009.jpg
20191205_170017.jpg
20191205_170028.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom