What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (38 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Need a little help. Looking for picture of a cruiser that someone posts up here. I believe they are from Florida, and they have an expedition trailer the take with it. Blue FJ40, pretty decked out. I was trying to show my friend and couldn't remember the username but I know he has posted here.

Need a little help. Looking for picture of a cruiser that someone posts up here. I believe they are from Florida, and they have an expedition trailer the take with it. Blue FJ40, pretty decked out. I was trying to show my friend and couldn't remember the username but I know he has posted here.

This one? I believe it got sold to a guy in Florida but not 100% on that...either way that's the most decked out, bluish FJ40 with an expedition trailer I'm aware of. It was an awesome build.

This one? I believe it got sold to a guy in Florida but not 100% on that...either way that's the most decked out, bluish FJ40 with an expedition trailer I'm aware of. It was an awesome build.

It's not that one, although that one is super sweet. It's a smurf blue one. Looks very similar to this:

_dsc0026-jpg.662320

@FJBen Maybe this one?

Pics or it didn't happen... lol

@FJBen Maybe this one?

Thats it! No wonder I couldn't find it, only 8 posts from him. Thanks!

What in the smelly hell?!? Did you strip that green/red wire after the incident, or was it already stripped like that?!?

That was all ass seen. The green wire you see was then bare for about 8 ft :) it even went up in flames . That is one of the down sides to 24V it fries much quicker than 12V. In this case the PO had a feed wire earthed so when the hazards got turned on it created one as opposed to warned off it ( educated guess as a bit hard to say for sure, came in with electrical issues and PO Mods ) . Sad thing was I turned them on from outside of car and then walked around to check they were all working. Noticed they were not and then saw smoke and opened door and saw flames and killed the power. Could have been much worse. It only fried the loom, the switch and burnt one of these rare little intermittent buggers.

2019-11-16 16.01.34.jpg

2019-11-16 17.05.41.jpg

My 40 has had the infamous "cruiser lean" since I bought it in '95. No matter what lift or shackles I used, the drivers side always was lower. Not everyone noticed it but I sure did. Finally fabricated some leveling blocks and installed them on the passenger side springs yesterday. No more leaning cruiser of Pisa! 👍

To cure my cruiser lean, instead of lowering the high side, I made an installed a longer shackle for the low side.

the cruiser lean is a known factory issue. in fact Toyota used to have a fix kit for it that was sent out to dealers. I may still have the directions somewhere. but they no longer provide it.

the cruiser lean is a known factory issue. in fact Toyota used to have a fix kit for it that was sent out to dealers. I may still have the directions somewhere. but they no longer provide it.

It's similar to what cruiserkev describes making.

Soooo. ... To earn some needed side money that I will use in part to directly help jump-start the rebuild of my 1979 FJ40 - I'm helping UPS to deliver packages within a prestigious residential country club via my own car ... How Coolio Is That !! ... ;)
~Skydogger
As your side business expands, you'll need to buy one of these:

Toyota-Delivery-Van.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom