What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (40 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PXL_20201009_231011825.jpg

'10 LX with 124k.
Finally caught up with all recommended service after being afraid of what I'd find. Only one boot had a drop of oil on it, tube had a tiny amount. Just cleaned it out and sent it, who knows how long that took to accumulate. Old plugs were still factory gap; also found the passengers side to be easier.

View attachment 2460962
'10 LX with 124k.
Finally caught up with all recommended service after being afraid of what I'd find. Only one boot had a drop of oil on it, tube had a tiny amount. Just cleaned it out and sent it, who knows how long that took to accumulate. Old plugs were still factory gap; also found the passengers side to be easier.

Same thing I found when I changed mine at 125k. This motor is a very conservative and low stress design.

Px6 is gone. Only worked temporarily. So now I’m returning. I ordered a naviplus, does anyone know if it retains camera usage?
Lra 40 installed and sensor lifted this week!

Px6 is gone. Only worked temporarily. So now I’m returning. I ordered a naviplus, does anyone know if it retains camera usage?
Lra 40 installed and sensor lifted this week!
Camera usage is retained, but when in CarPlay mode the display will not automatically switch to cameras when coming to a stop if you have that enabled. It will switch to reverse cameras when in CarPlay.

Crushed mine in Moab...was considering chopping it. Any issues with emissions tests for inspection. I know zero about exhaust. Thanks.

No issues with smog. Just make sure to add similar length pipe to direct exhaust rearward and all good.

Changed the diff oil after getting re-geared last week. No metal shavings or anything. Also coated entire undercarriage with WD-40 while it was on the lift.

In other news, scheduled my vehicle to get the tint redone after my dog scratched the hell out of it. Considering satin black hood wrap because of chipping. Anyone have a picture of it on a white 200?

Packed up for a camping trip that ended up not happening, but I did get to put the new Kaon shelf to use. Ended up being able to stow/attach the following:
  • 2 pillows
  • 2 tables
  • 1 camp chair
  • 1 Bluetooth Speaker (Large)
  • 0f Sleeping bag and liner
  • Hammock and straps
  • 4 season tent
  • First aid kit
  • Handheld radio in pouch
  • Weathertech Sunshades

• 59B50B20-7C67-4F65-A07C-5D37743C356D.jpeg
    2AD5F00B-B270-49C2-A3CC-52CEF520AAAF.jpeg
    6B189D82-C22F-49A7-A4E3-AFEC65B03A0E.jpeg

I love how it’s a great place to put the small light misc stuff. What was the delivered us$ cost?

I love how it’s a great place to put the small light misc stuff. What was the delivered us$ cost?

Right at $300 delivered. It’s really quite sturdy and while it probably costs a lot more than it should, I’m glad I bought it. I’m sure someone could make on on the computer and have it cut for a tiny fraction of the price, but not me.

Right at $300 delivered. It’s really quite sturdy and while it probably costs a lot more than it should, I’m glad I bought it. I’m sure someone could make on on the computer and have it cut for a tiny fraction of the price, but not me.
It’s the mounting brackets that make the package. I’m going to contact them and see if I can buy a set of mounts. Probably use some 3/8” plywood as the shelf . . .

I like this. I will have to see how this would work with the Trekboxx cargo barrier and my fridge.

Installed my Slee sliders steps on my 2018 LC today. It went well, no problems. Took about 6 hours. They're beefier looking up close than they appear in pictures. I like that they retain the stock look. Planning to do an install thread soon.

Before:
20201010_121909.jpg

After:
20201010_184325.jpg

Installed Stage 3 Build Built Rock Armor. I can't what to go scratch these things up!!
IMG_4531.jpeg

Now that my LX is lifted more with 35s, gotta account for that in the drop hitch to keep the trailer level. I'm out of downward adjustment holes. Welding on a section that I had taken off the horizontal bar years ago so it would seat it farther into the receiver, and adding it to the vertical drop. Drill another hole, and should be good to go. Waiting for a 3/4" cobalt bit to come in.

1602477177033.png

Last edited:
Now that my LX is lifted more with 35s, gotta account for that in the drop hitch to keep the trailer level. I'm out of downward adjustment holes. Welding on a section that I had taken off the horizontal bar years ago so it would seat it farther into the receiver, and adding it to the vertical drop. Drill another hole, and should be good to go. Waiting for a 3/4" cobalt bit to come in.

View attachment 2463100

While your knowledge of cars, DIY projects, and modifications are commendable, I caution you in advertising the rate at which you are exceeding the regulated and rated capability of a 200.

Yes, we can all agree that 200s are conservatively rated; however, stated weights, capacities and capabilities are stamped by Toyota for a reason.

If you were to ever be at fault in an accident, especially one with your large trailer, I suspect that you would not have the accreditation/approval to substantiate your modifications.

Between 35” tires, spacers, homemade trailer hitch welds, and 15,000# combined weights, you wouldn’t stand a chance in liability court. Particularly against someone or an insurance company with any sort of technical acumen.

My $.02

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom