What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (76 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

changed all my coils to new Denso units and new spark plugs. changed my cabin air filter and put in a new o2 sensor

Finished HID projector retrofit from the Retrofit Source black friday sale. Morimoto Mini D2S & iris shrouds in clear depot housings. First time attempting something like this, but I went slow and it wasn't too bad. Light output and cutoff is amazing!

IMG_0139.jpg

56607652488__2884738D-BB4B-475E-8781-CD9483433C9B.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

20 min job max. Found a YouTube vid on the install on a 1g tundra. The tensionor is spring/auto loading giving it still is in good shape. The tensioner bolt is left hand threaded.

20 min job max. Found a YouTube vid on the install on a 1g tundra. The tensionor is spring/auto loading giving it still is in good shape. The tensioner bolt is left hand threaded.
thank you!

Got the rear quarter window belt molding replaced. What and ordeal to do 2 minutes of work!
Can’t imagine what the dealer would charge!
(I think the FSM just paid for itself again.)
At least I was able to clean the inside sealing edge of the windows, and weather stripping.
I’m glad it’s done. Didn’t look right with the sun-beat trim.

View attachment 1849707

View attachment 1849708

View attachment 1849709

View attachment 1849710

View attachment 1849711
Do you have part numbers for the trim?

Changed out tie-rod ends with 555's. ALmost exactly like factory, except they have only one hole for the cotter pin....so I had to seperate a rotate the end a bit to keep torque in spec

Installed a 70lb sand bag in the cargo area. Determining if extra weight will help my stiff suspension until I install bumpers. Prob need another sand bag lol.
They are easy to install and only 4 bucks a bag.

Gave her a wash, stared and appreciated the nearly 18 year old paint, and investigated a small oil leak around the valve cover gaskets. The bolts weren't even finger tight. I snugged them all up, and I'll be looking at renewing the gaskets soon if the leak returns. I also got some gear from @reevesci that'll be going on in the next few weeks.

IMG_7878.jpeg
IMG_7883.jpeg

Oil changed at the dealer. They said I have drum breaks in the rear....hmmmmm

Gave her a wash, stared and appreciated the nearly 18 year old paint, and investigated a small oil leak around the valve cover gaskets. The bolts weren't even finger tight. I snugged them all up, and I'll be looking at renewing the gaskets soon if the leak returns. I also got some gear from @reevesci that'll be going on in the next few weeks.

View attachment 1851354 View attachment 1851355
sticker on back window will give it an extra 5hp. Gig em.

Oil changed at the dealer. They said I have drum breaks in the rear....hmmmmm

Well I guess they are technically correct if you're just looking at the parking brake and not the big rotor and caliper in front of your face.;)

Sanded and satin enamel painted the windshield wiper arms and threw new blades on while I was at it.

Also installed the mount for a water port 4 gallon pressurized tank for use when the weather warms up.

Also, spent an hour cursing the rear differential fill plug bolt. Don’t think it’s ever been turned in 21years and it didn’t want to start with me. Will be taking it to a shop tomorrow to see if the can get it turned out so I can change fluid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom