What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (87 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Supposed to the light gray, iphone sucks and the sun was setting i guess.

Someone crashed their bicycle into my rear bumper and left so there was a huge scratch and chunk of paint came off. Just thought i'd see how LX looks with different colored bumpers like the LC so i gave it a quick rattle can and 2K clearcoat. Not sure how i feel about it?

5 Likes and i'll keep it like this, or i'll take it to the bodyshop and have them respray it to match the truck.

44353734351_15dc8ae983_b.jpg
take it back to original or leave as is until you can get a metal bumper........just my 2 cents....five likes and you do this idea?

Last edited:
Someone crashed their bicycle into my rear bumper and left so there was a huge scratch and chunk of paint came off. Just thought i'd see how LX looks with different colored bumpers like the LC so i gave it a quick rattle can and 2K clearcoat. Not sure how i feel about it?

5 Likes and i'll keep it like this, or i'll take it to the bodyshop and have them respray it to match the truck.

44353734351_15dc8ae983_b.jpg
Sorry off topic....but where did you buy the tail lights and are they led?

Sorry off topic....but where did you buy the tail lights and are they led?

Got them on eBay, had a coupon so paid about $200 for them shipped. They are LEDs, fitment is decent, gaps are a little wider than OEM but nobody will know.

42547053200_5e36946df2_h.jpg

Spent the day crawling around the garage floor:
-Oil Change
-TC drain & fill
-Transmission pan drain & fill
-Air-filter
-Lubed front & rear driveshafts & spiders
-Checked fluid level in front & rear diffs
-Lubed rear control arms & JJs
-Lubed front spc UCA

I think the most frustrating part of this job was the transmission refill process; getting my fat hands up to the fill plug and around the shift lever typically results in cut hands from the cat shields. And Slee skids... real pita to do TC fill; access to the fill plug was not thought out. (If only I had a plasma cutter id make a proper access.)

Curious about your thoughts on the Ridge Grapplers. Currently running KO2s that will need replacement in the Spring.

200 guys love the Ridge Grapplers, If you arent concerned with more noise than the KO2s, the Ridge Grappler is a great choice. It is quiter than a full MT but a little louder than AT.

Last week I bought my first land cruiser (99 LX470) to be my comfy daily, road trip, and MR2 hauling vehicle. I got a great deal on it because it needed a front differential. Yesterday I got a "new" diff, and replaced it. Next on the list is to fix a brake line, flush the suspension fluid and figure out what is causing none of my windows to go down.

@Tyler Fiebig Welcome to the sickness. After baselining the rig, you will have a great DD. Oh, and welcome to MUD :flipoff2: (Official Welcome Salute). Lots of great info on here. Contribute when you can.

Pictures of the Rig or you are lying about owning it!!

@Comet I will post some pictures this evening! I am at work now. (shhh don't tell my boss)

After finding a thread yesterday on how to "easily" replace the front diff I decided to join!
By easily I mean, leaving the cv axles attached to the knuckles instead of taking them out. That saved me so much time and headache!

I think the most frustrating part of this job was the transmission refill process; getting my fat hands up to the fill plug and around the shift lever typically results in cut hands from the cat shields. And Slee skids... real pita to do TC fill; access to the fill plug was not thought out. (If only I had a plasma cutter id make a proper access.)

The trans refill was carefully thought out by Toyota to prevent people like us from doing it ourselves and take it to the dealer instead. What was wrong with having a proper dipstick and tube that could be used to fill the trans too, and to check the level easily?

Anyhow, it is far easier to take off the one 12 mm bolt at the rear end of the linkage to improve access to the fill plug.

Got them on eBay, had a coupon so paid about $200 for them shipped. They are LEDs, fitment is decent, gaps are a little wider than OEM but nobody will know.

42547053200_5e36946df2_h.jpg

Those should fit a 98 LX with no issues, correct? Do you have the link?

Mine is a 2001 so should be the same as yours bro, it's plug and play, the LED harness plug directly onto your oem harness and everything takes 20 minutes to install.

Rear Tail Lights For Lexus LX470 1998-2002 LED Type 1Set 4pcs Lamps Red White 190672544756 | eBay

I bought it a month ago, seems like they raised the price, but with a 20% coupon i paid a little over 200 shipped.

THANKS! All I found previously was for 02 and later which won't fit. Appreciate the link. Ordering today! :)

New ball joints on the LCA's and full steering rack replacement..$$$..there goes my bumper money

THANKS! All I found previously was for 02 and later which won't fit. Appreciate the link. Ordering today! :)

It'll take about 2 weeks before you get it, i got mine in that time period and they packed it really well, foam, then box, then bigger box for the individual pieces. Should come unscathed, remember the fitment is gonna have a little wider gap between the inner and outer pieces, so don't expect perfection from China lol.

The trans refill was carefully thought out by Toyota to prevent people like us from doing it ourselves and take it to the dealer instead. What was wrong with having a proper dipstick and tube that could be used to fill the trans too, and to check the level easily?

Anyhow, it is far easier to take off the one 12 mm bolt at the rear end of the linkage to improve access to the fill plug.

Good thought I may end up removing the linkage next time. If I ever have to pull the pan Id like to revert to dipstick type pan.

About to depart for my 4th trip to CO this year.....BIG miles on the rig, but oh so fun. Taking some quality hooch up to my peeps in Salida and returning with oodles of good beer.

me and whiskey.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom