What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (48 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Loved the Escaine upholstery in my wife's old IS 300 so much that I installed it in the LX 470...
full

That looks great! Where did you have that leather made and how much? Did you install yourself?
I am very close to ordering new front seat leather from LSeat.

Some pics:

After installing OME 866 springs (thanks @AimCOtaco )
View attachment 1654548
Also got some recovery points from @reevesci :
View attachment 1654549

When I was under the truck pulling the oil filter on Sunday I also noticed some undesirable fluid on my DS CV. Doesn't look like grease from the boot. Any ideas?View attachment 1654550
I think I posted in your other thread, but it looks like your DS diff oil seal is leaking. The only way to replace it is to remove the CV axle. It'd be a good time to reboot, if you need it, repack the wheel bearings and recheck the axle snap ring gap, while you're in there.

That looks great! Where did you have that leather made and how much? Did you install yourself?
I am very close to ordering new front seat leather from LSeat.
Thanks. The leather is the factory OEM original leather. I just had my upholstery guy remove the leather in the middle to replace it with Escaine. The leather in Florida gets real hot during the summer months and that Escaine keeps everything nice & cool, so that was my motivation behind it. Cost was $350. The person who did it for me doesn't typically do vehicles, so he doesn't want me to share his information.

Rigged up a fire extinguisher mount to the spare jack tool cover. Where did you mount your fire extinguisher, if you have one?

fullsizeoutput_5c32.jpeg

Since August, I've hardly seen my son's LC, since he's been off at school. We met up over spring break, and the Michelin A/T2 tires were starting to look a little thin, so I had them swapped them out for BFG KO2s:

Nothing exotic or unique, same size as before (285/75R16), but Discount Tire (in a small town, ~3hrs from home) had them in stock and ready to install on short notice.

Last edited:
Found and removed the cozy mouse nest under the intake manifold.

How this never got hot enough to smolder Ill never know.

09B5CECE-0C0B-4126-80A2-ABFCBF79C349.jpeg

Just dropped it off at the shop. Feels like a coil getting ready to go. The truck was hesitating slightly when I was driving to my dads this morning.

"Have you noticed it shaking while driving? Also there's a funny light on the dash" - my wife, Tuesday.

After pulling codes, I had a misfire on cylinder 2. Ordered a new coilpack and took a peek. Was kind of expecting to see some oil seepage or something based on my luck, but was pleasantly surprised to see the tube was nice and clean. New coilpack fixed the misfire right up, and also fixed the horrible shaking I was getting over 4k RPMs.

Kind of tempted to buy 8 Chinesium ones and keep my OEM/this new Denso as spares and see how it runs.

Blacked out the sombrero. Removed the sunroof wind deflector thing.

tjwHW78PRC+FxEdbImWbFQ.jpg

uWqs%S7XRBSNoMZFp6EvFQ.jpg

Removed running board steps and fender flares a few weeks back.
Before and after.

fullsizeoutput_58ca.jpeg

Q0R7kh3KTlO4BqRRNdiihg.jpg

Some pics:

After installing OME 866 springs (thanks @AimCOtaco )
View attachment 1654548
Also got some recovery points from @reevesci :
View attachment 1654549

When I was under the truck pulling the oil filter on Sunday I also noticed some undesirable fluid on my DS CV. Doesn't look like grease from the boot. Any ideas?View attachment 1654550
Looks like: DS differential side tube seal. Most times it's due to seal improperly installed or front drive shaft (CV) improper procedure during install.

Stop by, if you'd like me to take a look to confirm!

Last edited:
Looks like: DS differential side tube seal. Most times it's due to seal improperly installed or front drive improper procedure during install.

Stop by, if you'd like me to take a look to confirm!

PM sent

Over the Summer I did a front brake and bearing job. Rotor needed replacing, I bought the 100 used and wanted to do maintenance for peace of mind. I also wanted to track down a nagging front end rattle. After that job, rattle still there. Fast forward and now CV boot sprung a giant leak. I lifted front about 1.75 inches (with a diff drop) about idk, 8k miles ago.

Reloaded boot with grease, and promptly slung it all over the place. It may be contaminated with diff lube

1.jpg

I went for a new axle, pretty. Party of two :cool: I will re-boot the old ones, assuming they are good.

2.jpg

This is why I spent an hour round trip (at 7am, the only time to drive in LA on a Saturday) to pick up at Norwalk Toyota and inspect it on site. Two big holes in the box at each end, uh oh. Both splined ends are chambfered, so it was all good. :cheers:

3.jpg

Good news, I found the rattle. Bad news it looks like I will be doing an LCA bushing job. I assume this large washer for the leading edge of LCA rear bushing (aka bushing #2), I am touching detached from the bushing. Looks like that bushing made it about 155k miles

4.jpg

Amazon 185w leds 9”
&
Trail tailor recovery points .

C06A9D57-B389-4CC4-9B2D-6D29F91D43D7.jpeg

6F880715-C3CC-4217-827D-658D9D022524.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom