What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (35 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BIO Skids.

It is a tank now. Takes curves differently, more time to accelerate and stop, and just overall feels bigger, even tho I think I lost my lift in doing this.

I'm driving it more slowly, for sure. Need to get used to how different it feels. Drove through a lot of snow and water on the road yesterday, and was def conservative.

Onur is already talking about swapping out my suspension but we are going to see how it does.
While I'm not in the drivers seat - it seems WELL worth the getting used to. Totally transformed your 100 into what you said "A Tank!"

Looking forward to your findings as you get adjusted. Enjoy!

Drove it, and feeling lucky.....

ADEDF855-12E3-4EA8-A183-662689198D81.jpeg

While I'm not in the drivers seat - it seems WELL worth the getting used to. Totally transformed your 100 into what you said "A Tank!"

Looking forward to your findings as you get adjusted. Enjoy!

I was not prepared for the stares.

It is a total sexpot.

I can't imagine the floors are that different if at all. I'll check out a buddy's LC WeatherTech mats and see if they are the same. I do wish they came up a bit higher on the rise at the foot of the driver/passenger seat. Just seems a little shallow there. They definitely fit the overall contours though....just not enough hook holes or "grippy" surface underneath.

I wish the back one spanned the full width of the passenger area. It's short of the door sill by about 2.5-3" on each side.

@FxFormat ... checked out my buddy's '05 LC and his WeatherTechs. They fit the same. However, his LC only has a "hook" on the drivers side. I saw no provision for one on the passenger side. My '98 LX has 2 hooks on both sides, but the WeatherTechs only have one hook hole only on the drivers mat. The WeatherTechs fit the same though. Anyway, I wound up buying some clear plastic carpet runner that has the clear spikes on the bottom. I trimmed a couple of long strips and 3m double-side taped them to the bottom of my mats. They don't slide around any longer. $3 fix that WeatherTech needs to address.

I installed some SPC adjustable UCA's. I haven't driven it yet. I am finishing up a long list of maintenance. I hope to be finished in the next few weekends. Not looking forward to replacing my old leaky steering rack. Looks like a PITA, but I will prevail. My LX470 has 308k on it and needs some love. The list includes: timing belt, water pump, thermostat, cv axles (boots have been torn too long to rebuild), steering rack, ss brake lines (two OG's leaking). I've already completed O2 sensors (up and down stream), spark plugs, OME 2.5 inch lift (AHC delete), Slee diff drop, rock sliders, drain and fills on front and rear diffs, transfer case, and transmission, along with new K02's. After these last few items, she'll be good to go for a while.

20180110_210842.jpg

Working harder to get out more this year - took advantage of a bizarre, 57 degree day this weekend to have dinner on top of a butte:
upload_2018-1-15_9-14-6.png

upload_2018-1-15_9-16-0.png

My son brought his FJ40 to play with: (gotta put a smile on your face ; )
upload_2018-1-15_9-14-44.png

Last year at this time it would've been impassable - weird winter....

Did the Sub woofer replacement on the 04 LC with the Pyle replacement woofer.
The foam was toast. Took a little over an hour.
Sounds better but not bumping.
I would say the stock woofer has a bigger magnet as it just felt heavier than the replacement Pyle.

BIO Skids.

It is a tank now. Takes curves differently, more time to accelerate and stop, and just overall feels bigger, even tho I think I lost my lift in doing this.

I'm driving it more slowly, for sure. Need to get used to how different it feels. Drove through a lot of snow and water on the road yesterday, and was def conservative.

Onur is already talking about swapping out my suspension but we are going to see how it does.
Looks great! :clap:
The right suspension will make it feel nimble (within reason) or at least solid and predictable. Mine is the best it’s ever been.

Did alot of things in the past 5 months on the Lc. Overhauling the engine & automatic transmission. Just finished the first 1K kms on the new setup. Tinted all the windows using Solar Guard does look cool!!!. Got a new set of Method Race Wheel Nv and painted in Verde Artemis wrapped them Radar Renegade A/T 5 285/70R17 Tires. Changed the audio using ground zero speakers, amps , sub , tweeters and Pioneer Headunit. Got the interior detailed and took it straight to the dunes.

IMG_20180112_163714-01.jpeg

Had a little mishap with a deer before Christmas. Got my 100 back a week ago with a few upgrades installed; ARB, Slee 2.5" Medium w/UCA and 34x11.50 Toyo's

Lazarus.jpg

Did alot of things in the past 5 months on the Lc. Overhauling the engine & automatic transmission. Just finished the first 1K kms on the new setup. Tinted all the windows using Solar Guard does look cool!!!. Got a new set of Method Race Wheel Nv and painted in Verde Artemis wrapped them Radar Renegade A/T 5 285/70R17 Tires. Changed the audio using ground zero speakers, amps , sub , tweeters and Pioneer Headunit. Got the interior detailed and took it straight to the dunes.

View attachment 1611961
Be great to see a thread on Overhauling the engine & automatic transmission;)

Found out why my truck had a weird sway from side to side...... the upper bolt on my rear track bar or pan hard bar was lose. Some lock tire and it was back to driving like a dream!

View attachment 1611961
Do you have any more details on how you mounted those cube lights at the bottom of the windshield??

View attachment 1611961
Did you repaint? I can't tell from the light but it looks close to cement grey. I like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom