What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Transfer case flush with Mobil 1 75w-90, Front Diff flush, Lubed driveshafts, Replaced both front sway bar end-links, fixed power steering return line hose leak / switched to Mobil 1 ATF, Replaced rear pads, New front calipers / rotors / pads and brake fluid flush. Oil Change with mobil 1 HM.

Long shot here, but would 200s rubber matts be a close fit?
I got the dealer to throw in a set of weather techs for my 200 gen I purchased it and swapped the assortment of 200 rubber matts into my 100. Its not a perfect match but I was surprised how well they did fit. A year later and I’m still pleased with them.

I got the dealer to throw in a set of weather techs for my 200 gen I purchased it and swapped the assortment of 200 rubber matts into my 100. Its not a perfect match but I was surprised how well they did fit. A year later and I’m still pleased with them.

Pics please

Mind posting a pic of them?

The 100 is embarrassingly dirty at the moment but here you go.
200 rubber mats in a 100. The holes in the rear line up and 3rd can still be installed without removing the mat.

C50A1F41-A30D-4071-A48B-AECE07D627C9.jpeg

9B05D46D-3CE5-4B07-870D-09C2C86E46AC.jpeg

0ABF65B3-499C-440E-81E3-C4349E8D7C7F.jpeg

3316DFFB-AD47-4EAA-94DA-FE2F408EA446.jpeg

Last edited:
Thought I finally check the rear end noise I have since the last journey. Turned out, that the upper nut of the rear shock absorber became loose. While I was under the truck I checked the condition of my 40,000mls OME Shocks. Shocks seem to be fine, but the bushings in the rear are shot. Overall I can say:
OME Shocks - OK (except bushes, poor performance after only 12 months)
OME Torsion Bars - Awesome
OME 866 Springs - If you do not carry heavy loads ok
OME 863 Springs - If you do have a heavy truck and carry heavy loads, man I love that springs.

Thought I finally check the rear end noise I have since the last journey. Turned out, that the upper nut of the rear shock absorber became loose. While I was under the truck I checked the condition of my 40,000mls OME Shocks. Shocks seem to be fine, but the bushings in the rear are shot. Overall I can say:
OME Shocks - OK (except bushes, poor performance after only 12 months)
OME Torsion Bars - Awesome
OME 866 Springs - If you do not carry heavy loads ok
OME 863 Springs - If you do have a heavy truck and carry heavy loads, man I love that springs.

Just noticed the same on my rear ome shock bushings as well. I also have right around 40,000 miles. Are these serviceable?

Very nice.

How did the handling change with the extra weight? Was it what you expected? What rear springs are you running? Did you notice any rear settling / sag?

What skid plates are you running?

BIO Skids.

It is a tank now. Takes curves differently, more time to accelerate and stop, and just overall feels bigger, even tho I think I lost my lift in doing this.

I'm driving it more slowly, for sure. Need to get used to how different it feels. Drove through a lot of snow and water on the road yesterday, and was def conservative.

Onur is already talking about swapping out my suspension but we are going to see how it does.

So a few days ago I finally got my Cruiser registered and insured so I could finally drive on the roads.

I drove for two days and I must say, it's a keeper. I really like the way this truck drives.

I played around a bit in fields, a lot of mud. low range, center diff locked revs about 1400-1600 and it just kept going.
Then I tried getting through a small ditch and got a bit stuck. Once again keeping the revs constant and rocking the car back & forth slowly.
I was stuck, got out and had nothing on me (recovery wise). Luckily I was only 10 mins from my house so I had a mate pick me up (dark already).

I first tried digging A LOT and I got a little bit of movement, but there just was no traction to get back up the ditch.
So I tried my mates van with a heavy loading strap, threw something heavy on the line and started pulling gently.
Again a little bit of movement, but not getting anywhere close.

My dad with his Hilux wasn't home yet, so I had to find another solution.

A mate of me had a Suzuki Jimny, that was not going to cut it either.

In the same building where the Jimny was there was a guy wrenching on his 4x4's, he had one ready to drive, and had a winch.
We drove to the site, did some more digging and the winch pulled me out with ease.

While backing up I kept the wheels turning slowly, but when the front wheels came up I heard a crack/click. And when I wanted to drive there was no movement at all. I engaged center diff lock and slowly drove towards a parking spot, i heard clicks/bangs in the front.

I drove home (in another car) and picked up my garage jack, drove to the Cruiser, jacked it up and found out that the front propshaft could rotate freely without the front wheels moving, so.... front differential busted.

I then drove (slower than stationary & center diff lock engaged) to a mates garage to store the car overnight. Yesterday I pulled the front differential out of the car.

I took out the driveshafts, propshaft and then the diff. Here's the diff out:
WhatsApp Image 2018-01-14 at 19.05.35.jpeg

Damage on the ring gear:
WhatsApp Image 2018-01-14 at 19.05.34.jpeg

Some pieces I fished out:
WhatsApp Image 2018-01-14 at 19.05.35 (1).jpeg

The thing is, I don't really understand what caused this. There was no lifting wheels, no hard revving and no shock loads.
Just constant and slow rpm's, getting the wheels to a stop, reversing. No sudden or hard movement.

I only drove the Cruiser on the road for about 250km/155miles, drove very nice. But I do remember hearing a slight ticking noise, not loud at all. The differential was not making noise (except for maybe the silent "ticking") but not singing or anything. It sounded more like a stone in the tire thread and I could not hear it inside the vehicle.

I'm going to source a differential (or ring gear and pinion only) tomorrow or the day after that and install it as soon as possible.

I LOVE that color on a 100.
Thankya! Wasn’t my first color choice but it’s grown on me. Wanted green/tan but soon realized that in the 03+ version, they only made 10 models. Ha.

So a few days ago I finally got my Cruiser registered and insured so I could finally drive on the roads.

I drove for two days and I must say, it's a keeper. I really like the way this truck drives.

I played around a bit in fields, a lot of mud. low range, center diff locked revs about 1400-1600 and it just kept going.
Then I tried getting through a small ditch and got a bit stuck. Once again keeping the revs constant and rocking the car back & forth slowly.
I was stuck, got out and had nothing on me (recovery wise). Luckily I was only 10 mins from my house so I had a mate pick me up (dark already).

I first tried digging A LOT and I got a little bit of movement, but there just was no traction to get back up the ditch.
So I tried my mates van with a heavy loading strap, threw something heavy on the line and started pulling gently.
Again a little bit of movement, but not getting anywhere close.

My dad with his Hilux wasn't home yet, so I had to find another solution.

A mate of me had a Suzuki Jimny, that was not going to cut it either.

In the same building where the Jimny was there was a guy wrenching on his 4x4's, he had one ready to drive, and had a winch.
We drove to the site, did some more digging and the winch pulled me out with ease.

While backing up I kept the wheels turning slowly, but when the front wheels came up I heard a crack/click. And when I wanted to drive there was no movement at all. I engaged center diff lock and slowly drove towards a parking spot, i heard clicks/bangs in the front.

I drove home (in another car) and picked up my garage jack, drove to the Cruiser, jacked it up and found out that the front propshaft could rotate freely without the front wheels moving, so.... front differential busted.

I then drove (slower than stationary & center diff lock engaged) to a mates garage to store the car overnight. Yesterday I pulled the front differential out of the car.

I took out the driveshafts, propshaft and then the diff. Here's the diff out:
View attachment 1611096

Damage on the ring gear:
View attachment 1611097

Some pieces I fished out:
View attachment 1611098

The thing is, I don't really understand what caused this. There was no lifting wheels, no hard revving and no shock loads.
Just constant and slow rpm's, getting the wheels to a stop, reversing. No sudden or hard movement.

I only drove the Cruiser on the road for about 250km/155miles, drove very nice. But I do remember hearing a slight ticking noise, not loud at all. The differential was not making noise (except for maybe the silent "ticking") but not singing or anything. It sounded more like a stone in the tire thread and I could not hear it inside the vehicle.

I'm going to source a differential (or ring gear and pinion only) tomorrow or the day after that and install it as soon as possible.

Bad luck, don’t you have a rear diff lock, just curious.
What tires have you got?

I have a Januari 2003 registered (2002 model) 4.2 Turbo Diesel Intercooled 1HD-FTE without rear locker on 285/75/16 (33") General Grabber tires and with a four speed automatic & AHC.

I don't believe it has ATRAC or VSC, at least in low range there is no VSC OFF light. There is a VSC menu in Techstream but haven't looked yet.

I would really like some lockers, but for me a winch comes first. I do mostly single car traveling and self recovery is important.
I was going to pick up my Runva EWX12000 winch yesterday, but I had to fish out the differential first.

There is "LSD OIL ONLY" on my rear differential. Were these cars available with a LSD in the rear (Europe / The Netherlands) or is this just the axle oil spec?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom