What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (28 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had to order a new alternator as mine is slowly failing in the heat. No idea if the one on it is the OEM with 240K but it wouldn't surprise me.

The same issue that happened in Big Bend showed itself yesterday when trying to make our way to camp during rush hour traffic. Sitting still and idling the alternator would put out 8-9 volts, slowly draining the battery. Putting it in neutral and revving the engine would bring it up to mid-11's to low-12's but still not great. Cancelled the camping trip and turned around because didn't want it to fail 2 hours from the house.

Drove it to the gym this morning and no problems at all. I'm guessing the age of the alternator, combined with triple digit heat and skid plates that don't allow for much airflow when not moving all conspired to do her in.

Last edited:
Changed oil. Double checked oil level. I started to notice lol pressure gauge goes near high when accelerating into the freeway. Then it comes down to quarter or between quarter and half marks . Is that normal?

Changed oil. Double checked oil level. I started to notice lol pressure gauge goes near high when accelerating into the freeway. Then it comes down to quarter or between quarter and half marks . Is that normal?
That is how my ’02 LX oil pressure display shows.

Ramps up to indicate 3/4+ while accelerating… between 1/2 and 1/4 when no load.

Made a quick and dirty storage box. Will do some wings and may do drawers in the future but for now we have some totes that fit perfect in there. Turnbuckles to the third row points. Bonus was I had all the materials from other projects except the turnbuckles.

25391E0E-18B4-4657-ABDD-B51CF3650475.jpeg

Changed oil with Mobil 1 Advanced Synthetic and a OEM filter. I also swapped out all the rubber bushing on the rear sway bar and endlinks.

Got most of the coastal rear bumper together. Should be wrapping it up tomorrow and starting on the swingouts if the belt sander shows up. Need to get my ass in gear on the timing belt and brake booster after this...have a trip in 2 weeks.

View attachment 3049492
That’s the worst feeling, having a tight timeline.

You may want to dig into that other stuff sooner rather than later in case some other part breaks and you need to order parts. That’s what happens to me normally anyhow.

Bumper is looking awesome though! Proper protection!

You may want to dig into that other stuff sooner rather than later in case some other part breaks and you need to order parts. That’s what happens to me normally anyhow.

Very good point! Ironically, I'm waiting on parts. I ordered the booster last week, and some hoses to do with the timing belt because of the lexus sale. I'm pretty much replacing everything i have to touch, so it's just up to me to not break anything outside of those. If something does comes up, I'll have to resort to the local toyota dealer, who doesn't give me a break (at all), but usually has parts next day. It's ridiculous paying msrp though.

Got more done today, but still a decent amount of welding left (and a s*** ton of sanding). If i had a mig welder i would probably save some time, but tig leaves less grinding. Takes forever eirher way. This is going as fast as I can, because leaving it bolted keeps it from warping. I'm really just limited to the machine/torch duty cycles at this point.

20220704_145205.jpg

20220704_145215.jpg

Last edited:
Very good point! Ironically, I'm waiting on parts. I ordered the booster last week, and some hoses to do with the timing belt because of the lexus sale. I'm pretty much replacing everything i have to touch, so it's just up to me to not break anything outside of those. If something does comes up, I'll have to resort to the local toyota dealer, who doesn't give me a break (at all), but usually has parts next day. It's ridiculous paying msrp though.

Got more done today, but still a decent amount of welding left (and a s*** ton of sanding). If i had a mig welder i would probably save some time, but tig leaves less grinding. Takes forever eirher way. This is going as fast as I can, because leaving it bolted keeps it from warping. I'm really just limited to the machine/torch duty cycles at this point.

View attachment 3050347

View attachment 3050346
TIG 😍

Massive amount of work done to my LC over the holiday weekend in Boise. Didn't take many photos, was too busy sweating, cursing and bashing my dirty knuckles. 10.1" head unit installed, got the back up camera working, TT diff drop and 1/2" body lift, King AHC coils courtesy of @JJ_SC (AHC raises a bit more quickly now!), bolted in my Reef drawers (should have done that the first time), removed 3rd row seatbelts, added some leftover Dynamat to the rear and a heap of other odds and ends. Couldn't have done it without my bud @Ryan Marley. Can't thank him enough!
7892D5D7-C2CA-4D81-A29D-33174B29BE59.jpeg

AF4DD2B0-DCE0-4A2B-BCB8-BE45222D7E31.jpeg

515475D3-B52B-4AB2-99FC-1603BC3611AF.jpeg

Massive amount of work done to my LC over the holiday weekend in Boise. Didn't take many photos, was too busy sweating, cursing and bashing my dirty knuckles. 10.1" head unit installed, got the back up camera working, TT diff drop and 1/2" body lift, King AHC coils courtesy of @JJ_SC (AHC raises a bit more quickly now!), bolted in my Reef drawers (should have done that the first time), removed 3rd row seatbelts, added some leftover Dynamat to the rear and a heap of other odds and ends. Couldn't have done it without my bud @Ryan Marley. Can't thank him enough!
Looks great man! Glad those springs worked out for you.

The Teyes head unit looks nice too. Looks like you deleted the nav/climate control first? Very clean. I've been battling to get the Teyes to work on my 06. No luck yet, but we'll see.

Anyway, looks like you're ready to hit the trails!

Cheers!
JJ

I just replaced the brake booster in mine. Easy peasy. Video on youtube by Tim breaks it all down. Good luck!

Link:

Last edited:

- 2 new batteries. Optima red starter and yellow top secondary.
- Replaced brake actuator assembly. Bled brakes. All new fluid. They feel better than ever. (*Brakes went out and alarm came on.)
- Installed touchscreen Pioneer head unit, amp, door speakers and backup cam.
- cabin air filters
- installed dissent hi lift jack mount
- tailight and brake light bulbs
- bought heatshield windshield sun visor
20220706_181216.jpg
20220706_181250.jpg
20220706_181504.jpg
20220627_185702.jpg

- next is leather wheel wrap...how do I pull off the steering wheel?

View attachment 3050347
Nice looking welds. The mig might be faster, but that stack of dimes look is all the rage. Even with a mig, we're slowing it down to make it look like a tig. So... I say well done! Keep the grinder on the bench.

- Replaced brake actuator assembly. Bled brakes. All new fluid. They feel better than ever. (*Brakes went out and alarm came on.)
- cabin air filters
- bought heatshield windshield sun visorView attachment 3052247View attachment 3052248View attachment 3052251View attachment 3052256

See the thread on it, just posted on it this week. You do NOT need to take the steering wheel off at all.

Recently paid to have some preventive maintenance done on my '99 UZJ100. Replaced rear drive shaft u-joints. New OE radiator and hoses installed;. Also had a rebuilt brake master cylinder/accumulator by Andy Le installed.

All done by TorFab in Everett, WA. Great shop to work with!

- cabin air filters
- bought heatshield windshield sun visorView attachment 3052247View attachment 3052248View attachment 3052251View attachment 3052256

Good job! Did you need to get a mounting kit for the head unit to fit flush with the center instrument panel?

See the thread on it, just posted on it this week. You do NOT need to take the steering wheel off at all.
10-4 will do. Thank you.
It's 100° degrees outside though, was thinking I would do it in the ac (I guess I could turn on the truck ac and install in phases with windows up.).
Would it be easier with wheel off? Or more dificult since not affixed to anything?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom