What did you work on tonight? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's basically a 5.0 Mustang in a tuxedo!

That sounds like a lot of potential fun. But, how much heavier is this Lincoln over a 5.0 Mustang?

This is about 500 pounds heavier. It'll be a nice cruiser. Lots of potential for go fast goodies.
Ya, that 302 should be plenty of motivation.

Just got this old Lincoln to play around with. A 92 Mark VII LSC Special edition. Been doing some catch up maintenance. Car has been sitting for 20 years. Has 60k on it. It's basically a 5.0 Mustang in a tuxedo!

View attachment 3035707

View attachment 3035714

View attachment 3035722
Guy I used to work with had one just like this made into a Manual transmission and supercharged. Thing was crazy fast and no one expected to get their butt handed to them by a Lincoln.

Guy I used to work with had one just like this made into a Manual transmission and supercharged. Thing was crazy fast and no one expected to get their butt handed to them by a Lincoln.
Now that's motivation.

Guy I used to work with had one just like this made into a Manual transmission and supercharged. Thing was crazy fast and no one expected to get their butt handed to them by a Linco

This is about 500 pounds heavier. It'll be a nice cruiser. Lots of potential for go fast goodies.
The low mileage is the great thing about this Lincoln, and the V8. Thanks for keeping the old iron going. Hope to get a ride in it someday.

I take care of my Mother in Law's 1994 Dodge Caravan. one owner with 52K miles. Not your potential hot rod V8, but the lightweight Van moves along with a 3.3L V6.
In the world of Vans, it is becoming a classic. One of those vehicles that are not seen in such good condition, now.
Someday it will get a paint job, Cragar wheels and we will take it to car shows someday. The Cassette deck died, but the factory sound system is very good, so it will get upgraded CD player, too. Only gets about 300 miles driven on it per year.

Anyway, thanks for taking care of your new ride.

That one time in college when we stuffed a 302 inside a Miata then took it to SCCA closed course racing.

Yeah, it wasn't pretty cause we couldn't get it to go straight :rofl: and we were too broke to buy racing slicks for it.

edit: oh, and the doors wouldn't close right 'cause of the unibody twist so we made a pair of subframe connectors using galvanized steel found in a dumpster using a buzz box. Yeah, them were some crappy a$$ welds but at least the doors closed right afterwards.

Last edited:
That one time in college when we stuffed a 302 inside a Miata then took it to SCCA closed course racing.

Yeah, it wasn't pretty cause we couldn't get it to go straight :rofl: and we were too broke to buy racing slicks for it.

In high school we "borrowed" a 454 Chevy irrigation pump engine right off the pump and dropped it in a 79 Camaro. That sucker would run great wide open, but it wouldn't idle. The fuzz got one of the guys doing burnouts in the parking lot of the school and he ended up being a rat. They made a big deal out of it just because the motor happened to belong to the governor.

In high school we "borrowed" a 454 Chevy irrigation pump engine right off the pump and dropped it in a 79 Camaro. That sucker would run great wide open, but it wouldn't idle. The fuzz got one of the guys doing burnouts in the parking lot of the school and he ended up being a rat. They made a big deal out of it just because the motor happened to belong to the governor.

Man O man, your poor parents.......what a PITA child you were :rofl:

On Saturday (technically Sunday morning) I emergency swapped the alternator on the V8 4runner in the middle of the desert 2 hours from home. Maybe I'll tell the full story later if I'm up for it. Exhausted today.

EDIT - better photo
signal-2022-06-19-10-43-14-811.jpg

IMG_20220620_201809_748.jpg

Last edited:
On Saturday (technically Sunday morning) I emergency swapped the alternator on the V8 4runner in the middle of the desert 2 hours from home. Maybe I'll tell the full story later if I'm up for it. Exhausted today.

EDIT - better photo
View attachment 3039426

View attachment 3039434
I always remember the trips when things went south... less so the ones where everything was smooth

Isabelle did the rear wheel bearings, seals, brake drums and shoes on her 4runner.

These videos might amuse you and the look below pretty much said it all :rofl:

Huge thank you to @pappy for the loan of some tools that made this job quite pleasant-ish. 🤔

1657555910679.png

Last edited:
Isabelle did the rear wheel bearings, seals, brake drums and shoes on her 4runner.

View attachment 3056261
I hope you lied to her and told her that's a really easy task (putting the springs on) for anyone to do so there's no reason for it to take her so long (since most of us actually hate that part of putting them back together)

Huge thank you to @pappy for the loan of some tools that made this job quite pleasant-ish. 🤔

View attachment 3056261

I've never cursed the ground I've sat on more than when I did the parking brake shoes with that damn hub right in the way. A 3D puzzle that explodes in your hands if you breathe at the wrong time.

I hope you lied to her and told her that's a really easy task (putting the springs on) for anyone to do so there's no reason for it to take her so long (since most of us actually hate that part of putting them back together)
Everytime I'm at the boneyard and I see the rear brake setup on a Gen3 4R I want to grab the axles. I'm pretty sure I could swap over the backing plates, and the brake junk, onto my Gen1 axles. The spring setup on my 4R is a nightmare, and the Gen3 looks way easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom