What did you work on tonight? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was doing some work to get ready for an upcoming drive, mostly figuring out that my alternator had a bad bearing and is the source of the whine I'm hearing.
While putting the belt back on and tensioning it, I decided to give my power steering a look.
Turns out I found the source of all the steering issues I've been having over that last few years. I've had chronically low power and response out of my steering, being almost unable to move the wheels while stationary, belt squealing if the wheels were being turned to fast, etc.

I had already prepared myself to buy a new rack and pump.

Well, I look down there and saw that the whole darn PS tensioning bolt had decided to fall right off. Replaced it with one off my parts truck and what do you know?
Turns out my steering is still pretty good.

I'm stuck in an attempt to find the electrical connectors that would mate up with the front bumper aux light harness for my FJC. Anyone happen to know what the part number is?
Harness
1611007056204.png

Looking to plug an aftermarket light into one of the two connectors on the left. Guessing it would be exactly like the connector on the right:
1611007094055.png

Anyone know the part number?

EDIT: I think I found the source side connectors but can't figure out how to find the light side connectors that match: 1x Connector 2-way 2 pin for Toyota Lexus Side Light 90980-11149 w/out wire | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/263811460892?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=263811460892&targetid=1068233069453&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9028758&poi=&campaignid=11615401820&mkgroupid=117130779310&rlsatarget=pla-1068233069453&abcId=9300455&merchantid=111913935&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm5mG48-k7gIVy73ACh2_igGIEAQYAiABEgIlFvD_BwE

I worked on getting fresh air above the Rio Grande
Hmmm...Looks Like Caja Del Rio @Dizzy across from White Hall and up stream from the Frijoles Falls!

Hmmm...Looks Like Caja Del Rio @Dizzy across from White Hall and up stream from the Frijoles Falls!

Wait, there's a potato chip fall, where there's abundance of potato chips and french fries? I must go to this goodness of a destination....

Wait, there's a potato chip fall, where there's abundance of potato chips and french fries? I must go to this goodness of a destination....

@alia176 Sorry to disappoint you but Frijoles is sSpanish for beans. You would be better to expect a bean waterfall. If you eat at the bean water fall you have drive your own rig.:oops:

@alia176 Sorry to disappoint you but Frijoles is sSpanish for beans. You would be better to expect a bean waterfall. If you eat at the bean water fall you have drive your own rig.:oops:
Ali seemed so excited about potato chips and I just couldn't break his heart with beans.

Busy day yesterday. Replaced the fuel pump in a 2000 LX that my sister bought last week, dropped the front diff in a hundred to have a look at it to see damage and put it back together. While I was sweeping the garage thinking I was done for the day my wife let me know that her battery light was on when she took kids to school. Got to replace the alternator in her GX. The diff was pretty trashed.

MVIMG_20210201_140812.jpg
MVIMG_20210201_190006.jpg

WOWZA :oops:

Last edited:
Busy day yesterday. Replaced the fuel pump in a 2000 LX that my sister bought last week, dropped the front diff in a hundred to have a look at it to see damage and put it back together. While I was sweeping the garage thinking I was done for the day my wife let me know that her battery light was on when she took kids to school. Got to replace the alternator in her GX. The diff was pretty trashed.

View attachment 2572994View attachment 2572996
What would cause a diff to fail like that? I always thought that Cruiser/LX diffs were pretty stout. No offense, but that one's a mess.

What would cause a diff to fail like that? I always thought that Cruiser/LX diffs were pretty stout. No offense, but that one's a mess.

Pre '03 front diffs were a 2 pin vs a 4 pin design, which apparently was there inherent weakness. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

Pre '03 front diffs were a 2 pin vs a 4 pin design, which apparently was there inherent weakness. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.
This is a truth regarding the spider gears inside the carrier but the damage I see is on the ring gear so it was some sort of ring and pinion gear interaction failure.

Is the 100-series front diff reverse rotation? Going backwards with slipping tires and having one grab would do this.

Is the 100-series front diff reverse rotation? Going backwards with slipping tires and having one grab would do this.

@mbarela could shed some light on this subject :hmm:

Had to replace my basically new brakes after a wheel bearing assembly got loose somehow and trashed the passenger side. Luckily I was able to grab the parts at Larry H Miller with the mud discount. Don was helpful and a nice guy.

4F26E8C5-DBFF-49CB-8F4E-9624770FA8D4.jpeg

816658E2-BB14-4463-AA4A-9101AD76308E.jpeg

302A10A9-8E93-4D44-A95C-BDE4BF28F54E.jpeg

All finished up. Before I figured it out I thought my master cylinder was going because of the hit and miss soft pedal. When the bearing would shift, the caliper would push the rotor in to the caliper wall and pedal would sink. Brakes are back to awesome!

4D87638E-BF57-4828-9A11-1C25DDCAE40E.jpeg

shoot dang, you weren't able to salvage the previous fandangle rotor? Bummer.

shoot dang, you weren't able to salvage the previous fandangle rotor? Bummer.
Is one able to have those slotted/drilled rotors resurfaced? I thought no. However the pad was also bad so in my mind it’ll just ruin the rotor again.

Is one able to have those slotted/drilled rotors resurfaced? I thought no. However the pad was also bad so in my mind it’ll just ruin the rotor again.
Resurface the rotor. Replace the pads.

Resurface the rotor. Replace the pads.

Not only can you resurface the rotors but you can also resurface the pads. Simply lay down a full size 8.5 x 11 Garnet sand paper on your dining table then move the pad in a figure 8 pattern. This will get rid of the imperfections and ready for round 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom