What did you do with your truck today? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:clap:

Ive had plenty of bearing failures over the years but this is my best work yet!

holy crap, look at that thing. You do understand they need to be greased on occasion right?:D

well as I may have mentioned before I was able to get my CS144 Alt up and running and the things works well. I took too long in looking for solutions but finally got around to making it happen. The other thing that I hope I've solved has been a cam sensor check engine code which was related to some wiring issues. The "popped" fuse in the underhood fuseblock was one clue. I set about looming some more wires and it appeared I had the main wiring harness in a stress position so I hope I've fixed that. If you have a 5.7 vortec the cam offset / cam retard setting is going to be a royal pain the #$%&...many scan tools don't support that PID. the value has to be +_ 2 degrees from zero at 1,000 rpm. So I had to order some of the larger wire loom and hope to have that installed by next weekend when it comes in . I may look to see if we can come up with a different cover for the ECM & Fuseblock (it needs something to keep the mud and crap off off it. Next painful project is to get in there and finish the world record time for heater core swap...world record for longest project..:) So far today no check engine codes and I drove the truck for an hour or so. OH yeah got to get a new windshield put in..thanks to the "hail"...

Wire loom police will be out in full force before I put the home made cover back over the ECM/fuseblock. That big "hunk" of wires needs a rather large loom..I'm guessing about 2inch size, and then the smaller wire bundles feeding the ECM also need some cover etc. I took a lot of the old stuff off before I took this picture trying to hunt down a short to ground and looking for breaks in the wire or signs of burning etc/ heat, and cuts or abrasions.

20180424_180034.jpg

20180428_155928.jpg

20180428_160120.jpg

Last edited:
Gave the GX an altitude adjustment..

Terrain Tamer Pro setup. Got a few misc. things to tie up tomorrow, but basically all done.

0512181425.jpg

0512181836a.jpg

0512181854.jpg

GX got new front wheel bearings from Bluepitbearings.com today. Great product, took about 2.5 hours for both sides.

0609181233.jpg

0609181233a.jpg

Part of the pile of parts we got for it over the last couple weeks.

0608181916.jpg

RCI skids and spidertrax spacers also pictured for future installation.

Uh, is there a 40 hiding amongst the greenery there. Stay hydrated, d@mn it is a hot day to be in the weeds.

I came thru coalmont yesterday running from Tracy City to McMinnville. One day I'm going to ride back in there and be nosy.

Have you never been wheeling in the Cove!? You're missin out!

Not today, but enjoyed a weekend of camping and riding at the cove. And took the #projectjunkyarddawg trailer out on it’s maiden off road voyage.
8F1A49E6-4E02-4FB4-A499-D94E6E2BEA49.jpeg
2E60B8F4-12F8-4D63-BFB2-C8DDA5693033.jpeg
2A99BE28-1BEF-403C-861E-4A9C14364B1E.jpeg
0B0DC326-2A0C-461C-92C5-EE7461D91834.jpeg

@ugamurph looks like you guys had a good weekend for it. Whats the story on that DS bumper trim? One of these days I'm gonna have to make a cove run.

@jynx Came down hard on a rock in Indian Cove. Bent the driver’s side bumper piece and some brackets. Over a hill, over a rock, into a mud hole and BAM! We had great weather except for the crazy storm early Saturday morning.

@ugamurph - I'd love to tag along with you next time. The Indian Cove side is not an area I know well. @radioridge showed us some but I'm still lost in those parts!
We didn’t explore very far into Indian Cove. I use the Gaia GPS app to help me get un-lost. Turning the 4Runner and trailer around on some of the trails was interesting to say the least.

My 4runner has been in the shop since Mardi Crawl with a broke axle and a destroyed tailgate among other issues.
So this weekend I finally had some time to actually gain a little ground. Got the CV replaced and threw on a much needed set of brake pads on the front only to find out in the time it’s been sitting the wheel bearing seazed up ugh, with no where local to get a good bearing I decided just to move on to the tailgate, I kept hoping to find a complete gate that I could just swap on but nothing good was jumping out at me so some time back I grabbed a bare gate and a rear glass at pull a part, I had to swap all the wiring and internals out of mine but it’s together and everything works except the electric lock.
It’s closer to hitting the trails again but not quite there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom