What did you do with your truck today? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So do tell for those of us no into rock crawling,is that a dual case setup?

That’s exactly what it is Ted, not really sure why Marlin doesn’t just call it that for the late model stuff.

Jason, you did a 5 speed swap previously, correct? Did you have to swap to a different t-case when you did that or does it run the same as the automatics? And most importantly, what ratio did you get in the box? :D

@jynx you are correct I swapped to a 5 speed, it uses a different t-case so that was also “obviously”. This is the Ultimate Taco Box so it has the 4.73 low range

My wife learned to levitate a motor.

C07B4791-A405-4578-87DF-461495770D3C.jpeg

That power steering pump rebuild has gotten out of hand!

5D37A73E-6E3F-4F4E-8F58-90F444FABF42.jpeg
Been busy here. Tore out the NAV out of the lx. Separated the ac out of the nav using a non nav bezel ac controls. Took out all the seats, shampooed carpet, all new speakers, with pioneer head unit (apple carplay) and 10” sub and amp. Dynamat on all doors and added a backup camera ....wheew!

96CBC4EA-23E7-4982-8796-D3CC71A7C16F.jpeg

DE817DDE-6950-46FF-AC98-5BABEBFCEB5E.jpeg

Holy :censor:

That many wires would make me break out in a cold sweat... Now if your looking for a real challenge, I will let you see if you can do the same to a GX :confused:

i replaced the drivers side door hinges on my f-350. If you every need new hinges on an obs ford the easiest thing to do would be put your head in front of the rear tires and have someone drive forward! What a PITA. after several hours and a few cuss words the door opens and closes like a new truck. Hopefully i dont have to be this again for another 266 k miles.

i replaced the drivers side door hinges on my f-350. If you every need new hinges on an obs ford the easiest thing to do would be put your head in front of the rear tires and have someone drive forward! What a PITA. after several hours and a few cuss words the door opens and closes like a new truck. Hopefully i dont have to be this again for another 266 k miles.

Well that sucks, mainly cause I need to do the same thing to all 4 doors... Did you do the complete hinges or the pin and bushing kits?

4CB8C56B-D0C6-4E09-8363-2C2EE055869F.jpeg
1EBFCF79-4435-4FDE-BA44-7A4B8304E746.jpeg

“New” seats ... Happy to have seat belts now! (As is the wife!)

Made it official! Bam!!

0320181532.jpg

Well that sucks, mainly cause I need to do the same thing to all 4 doors... Did you do the complete hinges or the pin and bushing kits?
This time i replaced the entire hinge (both) and the striker. i did the pin and bushing kit twice in the last 5 years on the drivers door. The back doors would be super easy but you really need to remove the fenders to do the front ones. Look at the strikers first,they are suppose to have a plastic bushing on them. All of mine were gone witch made to door harder to latch.

This time i replaced the entire hinge (both) and the striker. i did the pin and bushing kit twice in the last 5 years on the drivers door. The back doors would be super easy but you really need to remove the fenders to do the front ones. Look at the strikers first,they are suppose to have a plastic bushing on them. All of mine were gone witch made to door harder to latch.

Yeah, I think all 4 need the bushings, but I think at least a couple of them need either hinges or bushing/pins. The back driver has a notable drop to it when opened. It usually needs a little "lift" to get a good close on it.

Sounds like I'm in for some fun...

Been there with mine already on the drivers side. I cheated with some starter shims under the hinge on the passenger side to buy some time.

Close enough to finished to give a test run at Mardi Krawl
783DF903-BCD9-4D17-B205-0EEEC8E176A3.jpeg

Backed the 80 into a Hyundai sitting in the driveway....... for the second time.

FD50E546-2874-4BB8-AB08-2D09FDA0BB27.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom