What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (50 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Would say better or comprable to OME?
I have very limited time in OME equipped trucks, and none with what I would call a comparable setup (similar age/miles on suspension and what I believe would be a heavy front/med rear setup). Making a comparison to a rusty clapped out OME kit of unknown age wouldn't be fair, nor would comparing to a stock weight 60 with no added weight and a heavy/heavy suspension. I have had positive feedback from others who have rode in it who have more OME seat time. That said, I like it and would do it again. Theres's some more info on my install thread. The Badger gets a new Tough Dog suspension

Last edited:
Double grove for my 62.
You know how many times I’ve heard someone very popular on mud say to swap it? This pulley came off the crappy Cressida alt my truck had when I bought it. The GM 130 alt I switched over to had the double pulley and again I heard, ‘make sure you swap that...’

61A4926A-E5AF-4783-92BC-F45D718EC579.jpeg

I have very limited time in OME equipped trucks, and none with what I would call a comparable setup (similar age/miles on suspension and what I believe would be a heavy front/med rear setup). Making a comparison to a rusty clapped out OME kit of unknown age wouldn't be fair, nor would comparing to a stock weight 60 with no added weight and a heavy/heavy suspension. I have had positive feedback from others who have rode in it who have more OME seat time. That said, I like it and would do it again. Theres's some more info on my install thread. The Badger gets a new Tough Dog suspension
Not to long ago in Nov, driving back from Pismo, my pass rear OME HD shock came disconnected from the upper shock lug. I didnt have a spare washer or nut. So I removed the entire shock for the rest of the drive home.
Many many hours, fully loaded with RTT/ Awning. My truck weighs close to 7000#.
I have 10 leaves in the rear and 7 up front. With the shock removed there was no difference in ride or handling, nor in appearance/ sag.
Reinstalled the OME shock the following day.
I've used OME since 2004, but I'd give TD a go if the have HHD shocks.

Not to long ago in Nov, driving back from Pismo, my pass rear OME HD shock came disconnected from the upper shock lug. I didnt have a spare washer or nut. So I removed the entire shock for the rest of the drive home.
Many many hours, fully loaded with RTT/ Awning. My truck weighs close to 7000#.
I have 10 leaves in the rear and 7 up front. With the shock removed there was no difference in ride or handling, nor in appearance/ sag.
Reinstalled the OME shock the following day.
I've used OME since 2004, but I'd give TD a go if the have HHD shocks.

I would think you should notice a missing shock! Maybe the difference is hard to notice on a very heavy stuffly sprung truck on nice roads though

If someone locally had an OME setup and wanted to swap shocks for a day (and maybe even nerd out by running the same road at the same speed with a accelerometer app recording g force vs time on a smartphone) I'd be game.

I would think you should notice a missing shock! Maybe the difference is hard to notice on a very heavy stuffly sprung truck on nice roads though

If someone locally had an OME setup and wanted to swap shocks for a day (and maybe even nerd out by running the same road at the same speed with a accelerometer app recording g force vs time on a smartphone) I'd be game.
Lol. Maybe not. It was on the 101, just S of point magu all the way into South Orange county.

I have an OME lift and accept the challenge.

Rears will settle slightly. But he's also on a pitched driveway. So it looks taller. @Jasonredwood take a pic on the street where the old pic was taken. It'll have a more level stance.

J
Will do. Also I should have noted that the spare tire and hoist are removed.

With that much lift, wonder if you need to balance the drive line.

Wheeled the trails at Rousch Creek Wed and Thurs. 1st two days of CMCC. Managed to get through it unscathed and thoroughly enjoyed it. Many thanks to the great guys with Gotham City cruisers for organizing this event . Special thanks to Gary @shmukster for guiding the way.

DSCN0090.JPG

DSCN0106.JPG

DSCN0106.JPG

DSCN0097.JPG

DSCN0107.JPG

Field fix! Windshield popped out, not sure why but couldn’t get it to stay in.
We poly roped it back in,but after a tree fell on the windshield it came out again. So we installed it using ratchet strap and ultimately I’ve driven over 1000 kms with it like this. Over some pretty nasty backroad conditions I might add. Glass fractures not very visible. Was afraid to completely remove or reinstall as no way home without it.

D126A286-F08D-407F-8E35-7CFCAFEFC489.jpeg
72A73785-EA4F-46B0-8B09-5EBC7333B5FB.jpeg

With that much lift, wonder if you need to balance the drive line.

Theres no vibrations or clunks to speak of. Its a 2" lift but Looks more because its fresh and what was on it previously was literally flat and dead. The Previous owner bought the truck in 1988 and had the underside coated. The leafs and shocks still had the undercoating on it.
It accelerates and drives as it did previously, with out the harshness when going over bumps. What signs would I need to look for besides vibrations or noises?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom