What did you do with your 60 this weekend?

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by MrMoMo, Jan 12, 2014.

1. 4Cruisers

4Cruisers SILVER Star

umpqua, Willard and lechnito like this.
  2. Skniper

Skniper

Check out CoolStream. coolstreamac.com

That’s where I got my AC parts, click on the “Mud” header, they cater to Cruisers.

3. bentonrover

bentonrover

Now that's a lady. Good luck with everything

NeverGiveUpYota likes this.
  4. kbfj621989

kbfj621989

Media:
    Albums:
    I got frustrated with trying to remove my oil pan so I rebuilt my alternator out of spite. New oem brushes and springs, Koyo bearings, oem condenser, high temp paint. Waiting to do the oil pan later this week.

62EA1B35-0A24-4A49-8189-21158A3125C8.jpeg

EC81D231-753D-4F77-9E3F-15FFE0ACD533.jpeg

5. cps432

cps432

This totally sounds like me with everything I do in life!

6. cruiser enthuiser

cruiser enthuiser

Media:
    Albums:
    Nice that tucked in there nicely!

Got a model # by chance ?

-Ed

7. Kleatus

Kleatus GOLD Star

Sure Ed, it's DER-13950 from Summit Racing. I had to make my own brackets to fit it in there. Theres a few minutes worth of 10+% grade on my commute and today I pulled over at the top and hopped out with my infrared thermometer to check temps. I had 190 at the cooler inlet and the fan was running. I drove the remaining mile or so home and the fan was off when I got home. I got some thermocouples and a digital display that I'm going to play with in the next week or so to get some better numbers on temps.

cruiser enthuiser likes this.
  8. Kleatus

Kleatus GOLD Star

This evening I replaced fan clutch, brake hoses, pads and sway bar hardware this evening. The list to prep for SAS 2018 is getting shorter.
    20180711_221657.jpg 20180711_203433.jpg

9. Silveredition

Silveredition

It isn’t really the weekend in Aus, but I am a school teacher, and on holidays - so every day is a Saturday at the moment...
    During our last trip away the drivers side speakers kept dropping out - I have no knowledge of car audio systems, but it annoyed me not being right... I went to a car audio shop looking at the cheapest gear they had to fix my issue (the amp was stuffed as I could wiggle random wires on it and have it temporarily work...) - but after they had a look at my system I realised that the previous owner had put in some pretty expensive components, and I decided if I was going to spend money, then I wanted it to sound better than what was already there....
    So...
    The front splits are MB Quart 6.5’s with Alpine 6.5 s types (apparently) in the rear with a 4 way Bridgeable Pioneer Amp...
    I replaced the amp with a Pioneer 5 way and added a Rockford Fosgate 12” P2 Sub in a sealed box (following Rockford’s volume calcs and shaped to follow the angle of the back seat) - I have only managed to temporarily hook it up and have a quick play but it sounds awesome!!

10. NeverGiveUpYota

NeverGiveUpYota Dare me. SILVER Star

Be sure to swap that pulley. Pretty sure the one you have pictured needs to be swapped w/ the stock single v belt pulley.

11. Silveredition

Silveredition

8F38E981-B45A-4D79-B656-A3DA935A14FD.jpeg
    Turned it around just to see what it is - it would normally face the other way (just be able to see the carpeted box...)

12. umpqua

umpqua SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Winifred. I drove there once from Arkansas to float the MO River. I'd read a story prior in National Geographic where they interviewed some people in the bar. I went there and mentioned it to them and they had a puzzled look until someone said, oh....those were the people in here with the camera's. A good memory and I'd love to go there again. Was 20 years ago.

lechnito likes this.
  13. lechnito

lechnito SILVER Star

Albums:
    That's awesome! The Winifred Tavern is still operating as the only watering hole for 40 miles in any direction. Lots of history there...

When I was quite young, my family spent a week floating the Missouri from Fort Benton to the P-N bridge outside Winifred. It was a spectacular experience, though the biting flies and mosquitoes were always a drag.

14. boerboel313

boerboel313

I have the adjustable tuff dog steering damper. How do you like the shocks?

15. Kleatus

Kleatus GOLD Star

I think they're great. I've got about 14k miles on them and no complaints on road or off. They are quite a bit heftier than the stock shocks and seem to do a great job when loaded up heavy on rough stuff and still ride nice on the road.

16. boerboel313

boerboel313

Would say better or comprable to OME?

17. Kleatus

Kleatus GOLD Star

I have very limited time in OME equipped trucks, and none with what I would call a comparable setup (similar age/miles on suspension and what I believe would be a heavy front/med rear setup). Making a comparison to a rusty clapped out OME kit of unknown age wouldn't be fair, nor would comparing to a stock weight 60 with no added weight and a heavy/heavy suspension. I have had positive feedback from others who have rode in it who have more OME seat time. That said, I like it and would do it again. Theres's some more info on my install thread. The Badger gets a new Tough Dog suspension

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  18. kbfj621989

kbfj621989

Media:
    Albums:
    Double grove for my 62.

19. NeverGiveUpYota

NeverGiveUpYota Dare me. SILVER Star

You know how many times I’ve heard someone very popular on mud say to swap it? This pulley came off the crappy Cressida alt my truck had when I bought it. The GM 130 alt I switched over to had the double pulley and again I heard, ‘make sure you swap that...’

61A4926A-E5AF-4783-92BC-F45D718EC579.jpeg

20. boerboel313

boerboel313

Not to long ago in Nov, driving back from Pismo, my pass rear OME HD shock came disconnected from the upper shock lug. I didnt have a spare washer or nut. So I removed the entire shock for the rest of the drive home.
    Many many hours, fully loaded with RTT/ Awning. My truck weighs close to 7000#.
    I have 10 leaves in the rear and 7 up front. With the shock removed there was no difference in ride or handling, nor in appearance/ sag.
    Reinstalled the OME shock the following day.
    I've used OME since 2004, but I'd give TD a go if the have HHD shocks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.