What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OOOH...I need to do sliders... how'd he deal with the drivers side CAT?

Re-torque wheel bearings after 10k miles, and checked brake calipers

Great to have @wits'end @NLXTACY reference poster....
20171108_125650~2.jpg
20171108_125611~2.jpg

Last edited:
Quick check of the brakes and added some grease to the knuckles for trip to Turf n Surf!
20171108_144810.jpg

Pretty much wrapped up the front axle rebuild/installation:

Front-Axle-10.jpg

Front-Axle-11.jpg

Front-Axle-12.jpg

Front-Axle-13.jpg

Mostly waiting on parts, final assembly and lubrication, and cosmetics. Decided these would go best with the 70-Series wheels and BFG ATs. Still have to clean them up and re-paint. I believe the black caps for the front axle are from a Toyota mini-truck I parted out many years ago.

Hubcaps-1.jpg

Last couple of days racked up a tad over 1000 miles making a mainly interstate run from AL, to Atlanta, GA, south into central FL, then back through GA and on to AL. Running the 2F ca. 2500 @ 70+/- most of the time. To me the FJ60 is the most comfortable long-distance driver in my fleet. FJ60 > FZJ80 > Miata.

Dude, if you could snap a couple shots, I’d appreciate it!

Repl
I broke it.... Clunk
Thankfully it happened in the driveway. I was pulling it up to the top so I could take its first freeway-speed test drive. I was PLANNING on replacing steering components when I did the front axle rebuild next month, rear brakes WERE scheduled for this month (I really want a functioning parking brake). Guess my schedule has changed... EDIT: Sorry for the lighting, it's pure dark at 5:30pm these days.
View attachment 1569778
OK, replaced those pesky worn out pieces with the 555 tie rod end kit from Cruiser Outfitters. Ordered Tuesday afternoon, arrived in the mail Thursday, installed today. Did a good ol' tape measure alignment and called it a day. Took the very first freeway-speed test drive, to the store for a box of cold beer.

did you remember to adjust the drivers side TRE?

It wouldn' start on hot starts. This wonderful forum predictions was correct as to what the problem was...the carb fan. It had disconnected so I soldered it and grounded it. Wrapped it with heat tape... it works! It fires right up on hot starts. With the sweet sound of.the fan humming and turning off.:beer:

Also, changed rear supports. Tuff Supports Gas Springs (613393) are the Bomb:clap:

20171111_141703.jpg

Last edited:
It wouldn' start on hot starts. This wonderful forum predictions was correct as to what the problem was...the carb fan. It had disconnected so I soldered it and grounded it. Wrapped it with heat tape... it works! It fires right up on hot starts. :beer:

Also, changed rear supports. Tuff Supports Gas Springs (613393) are the Bomb:clap:

View attachment 1572221

@Kleatus & @red66toy on your list of things to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom