What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had my parents in town and decided to take the Cruiser out for the evening (since Dad hadn't been in it yet), I thought I could make it to the gas station on the fuel I had, the gauge is slightly off.... We didn't make it.

And my wife thought it would be great fun to document it...

LGq1a1l.jpg

Had my parents in town and decided to take the Cruiser out for the evening (since Dad hadn't been in it yet), I thought I could make it to the gas station on the fuel I had, the gauge is slightly off.... We didn't make it.

And my wife thought it would be great fun to document it...

LGq1a1l.jpg
hah looks like that is a great part of town to break down in. Everyone looks thrilled with how the evening was going!

Call him and hear him first hand. That @beno is an interesting character. ;)
Better yet, spend some time wheeling with him and sharing a great lunch, complete with Colorado peach cider on tap, between the traverse of two of the best high passes of the San Juan Mountains.

Before lunch:

Black-Bear-5.jpg

Black-Bear-6.jpg

Black-Bear-2.jpg

Black-Bear-7.jpg

Best peach cider you'll find:

Peach Cider.jpg

Last edited:
Had a flex day, a couple are using the 60 for their wedding this weekend so I wanted to make sure everything was working. And had some fun at the same time

IMG_20171105_094222071_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20171105_094204067_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20171105_094148361_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20171105_094128409_HDR~2.jpg

Front- 33-185606
Rear- 33-230337

So far no issues, very pleased with these shocks. Hope that helps.

Thank you for the quick reply. I'm searching for it now.

I broke it.... Clunk
Thankfully it happened in the driveway. I was pulling it up to the top so I could take its first freeway-speed test drive. I was PLANNING on replacing steering components when I did the front axle rebuild next month, rear brakes WERE scheduled for this month (I really want a functioning parking brake). Guess my schedule has changed... EDIT: Sorry for the lighting, it's pure dark at 5:30pm these days.
20171106_171733.jpg

I broke it.... Clunk
Thankfully it happened in the driveway. I was pulling it up to the top so I could take its first freeway-speed test drive. I was PLANNING on replacing steering components when I did the front axle rebuild next month, rear brakes WERE scheduled for this month (I really want a functioning parking brake). Guess my schedule has changed... EDIT: Sorry for the lighting, it's pure dark at 5:30pm these days.
View attachment 1569778

I’m glad nobody was injured. A similar thing happened to me and now I’m super paranoid about steering parts, lug nut torque, and tire condition.

Probably my '71 FJ40 (<--- on the right, my '76 FJ40 is on the left), it'll be getting an H41 from an HJ47 and a drum parking brake split transfer case from a BJ45. And the '76 2f that was in the vehicle when I bought it will be getting an FJ60 electronic ignition.
Besides, I'm trying to build up more interest with FJ40 owners - I definitely made some headway with @Reznugget and @mesa man.

Good job sir. It takes a different mindset to log a ton of highway miles in a 40.
Personally it's the better part of the journey.

The cruiser got all kinds of love this weekend. A front brake refresh turned into a full detail for the ole girl. I spent about 15 hours doing a full paint correction (wash, clay, buff, and seal). She's looking great and protected for the winter.

26454308149_dbc59cc3c3_b.jpg

Almost done, stopped by light rain this afternoon. I'll probably mount the wheels before installing the locking hubs, need to reposition the FJ60 to a flatter area of the driveway, transmission and transfer case may go in tomorrow :).

Front-Axle-8.jpg

Front-Axle-9.jpg

03749EF6-2002-46E6-9688-DADC5B9BC0E7.jpeg
2249DDE1-31D6-4A7F-8407-6BAD96193B84.jpeg
C2E53536-389A-4890-AC05-CCE9758EE0B0.jpeg
AC761E10-7DDD-4C27-B50C-444EA1C17DD3.jpeg
I had a set of custom sliders welded by Brad at Hot Metal Fab in Loomis, Ca last Friday. Today I was able to rattle can them using Rostoleum etching primer and black epoxy appliance paint to match the front ARB bumper. Contact Brad at 916-960-3095 if need a set of sliders. Just a happy customer wanting to share. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom