What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Participated in Chilkat Challenge, and found this nice RHD diesel troopy parked near us at the local hang out. There are always cool Cruisers to be found in the tiny town of Haines, for some reason. This event was a triathlon consisting of kayaking, biking and running. Really an awesome course, on or along the mighty Chilkat river. The 1st Annual Chilkat Challenge Triathlon | July 15th, 2017
Troopy.jpg

Last edited:
Yup with the help of my dad @landcrusher909 wouldnt have it without him thanks dad!

And Kentucky was awesome loved it almost makes me wish I would have been stationed there lol
We are a Cruiser family. Good job getting it home. @orangefj45 Rockin the Valley hybrids shirts

Prepped a couple sections of exhaust pipe from my '86 FJ60 project vehicle and my '89 FJ62 donor vehicle getting ready to take them by the local custom exhaust shop. I asked the local mechanic I go to from time to time about local shops and he pointed me to a shop that does custom exhausts for a lot of restorations and low riders in northern New Mexico. The owner's been in business in the same location for 44 years, does excellent work, and charges reasonable prices. I drove down this morning with my oldest son, and took along the pipe sections, diagrams from the Toyota online parts catalog I use, and some photos I took of my partial exhaust trial installation. I showed the owner and the guy who works with him what I had in mind and handed over the parts. Next thing I knew I had a completed transition section to install between my FJ62 muffler and my FJ60 catalytic converter. Took all of 10 minutes while my son and I chatted with the owner, and was charged only $20. Not a bad deal at all.

Exhaust-Transition-1.jpg

Exhaust-Transition-2.jpg

Exhaust-Transition-3.jpg

More details on my Post #5805 on Page 291.

Last edited:
I love that green. Do you know the exact specs of that paint color?
Thanks! The color is Toyota Dark Green, paint code 6V7. I believe my paint guy used DuPont brand.

10 years after a Vortec conversion, reverse lights are finally hooked up. Working under the truck to find the old wires and getting everything connected to the 4l60e was not fun. But now I get to do it again because I'm an idiot and didn't realize I could have run the NSS/starter wires to the 4l60e NSS, too.

dbDbLzUpSNPPDd_X2najfG6qv4jIh_G_t3R25x4BP9GU_Xgg36yrT1QoxuV2EiX2g9quscR9tQ73NzMaOc-I1EcOzR9-1JvaM7PABEMhsmFt-ddYZ33BePDql9FmrmPBhjZ7LWOPz3w=w1158-h869-no

I want to swap an LS so bad right now, I'm sick of fighting the a440 transmission and don't want to spend the money on swapping an h55f in there just to still have the slow poke 3fe...that probably needs to be gone through, honestly.

I got the carpet from Trail Tailor. @reevesci

I did have a strip of vinyl sewn on the tailgate cover to attach it to the factory fiberboard like it was originally

This weekend I got to bring out new cruiser home! After a nice drive to Kentucky and back to North Carolina made it home safe in the driveway... now the fun begins!

View attachment 1498471

View attachment 1498474

If this is the same one I saw for sale with lockers, you did well. It was a lot of truck for the money. I'm between Georgia and Virginia when I'm home (often driving back and forth). Reach out if you need anything and good luck with the 60!

I want to swap an LS so bad right now, I'm sick of fighting the a440 transmission and don't want to spend the money on swapping an h55f in there just to still have the slow poke 3fe...that probably needs to be gone through, honestly.
According to many here on MUD, the H55f really wakes up the 3FE. Can't wait to finish my project and see for myself. Both of my sons will be here and available Friday to help, if I can finish getting everything ready in time the 3FE may be installed before the weekend.

If this is the same one I saw for sale with lockers, you did well. It was a lot of truck for the money. I'm between Georgia and Virginia when I'm home (often driving back and forth). Reach out if you need anything and good luck with the 60!

That's the one so far it's been a lot of fun to just drive around town with and now it's just getting it cleaned up! Nice I'm near Burlington NC. I'm sure there's gonna be some stuff I need in the next few months I'll stay in touch!

According to many here on MUD, the H55f really wakes up the 3FE. Can't wait to finish my project and see for myself. Both of my sons will be here and available Friday to help, if I can finish getting everything ready in time the 3FE may be installed before the weekend.

I keep reading that as well, but I look at it this way too...if I could add more power with even the slightest bit better fuel mileage, that's what I would want. I know it's not like it would be 20% higher mpg, but even just a little with that much more power to pass people and keep up with traffic on hills without feeling like I'm about to blow the engine up, yeah sign me up. It's just the down time of the project.

If you don't mind me asking, how much do the H55f transmissions run? My ultimate goal would be do a Toyota diesel swap with the H55f trans behind it. But I definitely don't have that kind of money.

just changed the oil in the transfer case..
didn't find any shavings or anything but was rather dark for my taste

also noticed some GND wires not going anywhere under there....time to investigate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom