What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@runningdrew don't tease llike that, let's see the platform! 😁

I 5hought you had a black rear bumper too, post stitch-together 🤔
I need to play with Photoshop to see what a black rear bumper would look like...

Here are pics of platform all set up (outside the GX) and collapsed. I need to get a better shot of it installed than the one with my kids goofing off. The memory foam pads are from a tempurpedic mattress. Even my messed up back was happy. (Foam folds in two when not set up) Pic looks like there is less room inside than there really is, but I'm 5'9" and my kids are tiny so we all fit. Light on gear as we were 20 mins from home. May even attempt to add a third kid next time....?

20190313_230810.jpg

20190313_222804.jpg

20190315_211309.jpg

Simply speaker kit. On sale for $20 on eBay right now. Really easy to install. Little messy removing the old foam and glue but not bad.

Reppin' the land cruiser shirt. 🤙

That looks really good, what was your process in the buff out?
I started with just some swirl remover. Next was and old bottle of Lexus brand polish/glaze I was gifted years ago and the some carnauba wax.

It’s not perfect and I might consider a more aggressive three stage cot and polish process this summer. This didn’t really get the swirls out of the clear but it did eliminate the scratches from last fall’s trips.

I need to play with Photoshop to see what a black rear bumper would look like...

Here are pics of platform all set up (outside the GX) and collapsed. I need to get a better shot of it installed than the one with my kids goofing off. The memory foam pads are from a tempurpedic mattress. Even my messed up back was happy. (Foam folds in two when not set up) Pic looks like there is less room inside than there really is, but I'm 5'9" and my kids are tiny so we all fit. Light on gear as we were 20 mins from home. May even attempt to add a third kid next time....?

View attachment 1929407

View attachment 1929408

View attachment 1929409
Nice!

And while you're at it, PS the side body cladding black ala Vlad (though his is removed and back-painted ;) )

Is your caster offset for road crown? That might affect the rubbing.
Good thought, I went back to look and both are set to 3.8

Link to the lights? This is on my list of things to do when I install the sliders
These are what I bought. Double sided tape is not 3M, wires are pretty thin, but for 6 they were less than $9, so....

Got my Owl Expedition Mount installed finally. I hope to have a full explanation up soon, since the install document is for an LX, and there are some small differences. I just want to have a photo of my phone mounted before I put it all together. I got to the end, put my phone on the mount and then looked around the front seat for my phone to take a picture... duh.

I use a Quadlock case and mounting system for my phone on my armband, mountain bike, and road bike, so being able to use one in my car on a Ram mount is pretty seamless for me.

20190316_200553468_iOS.jpg
20190316_205014260_iOS.jpg
20190316_222614495_iOS.jpg

If I were driving my neighbor's car, I'd be complaining. With Goldie, it's just fun.
I see you're in SLC, the scenery looked familiar. I grew up in middle-of-nowhere North Eastern Utah. In highschool we did all kinds of 4x4 stunts in the desert mountains, if only our parents knew.

Got my Owl Expedition Mount installed finally. I hope to have a full explanation up soon, since the install document is for an LX, and there are some small differences. I just want to have a photo of my phone mounted before I put it all together. I got to the end, put my phone on the mount and then looked around the front seat for my phone to take a picture... duh.

I use a Quadlock case and mounting system for my phone on my armband, mountain bike, and road bike, so being able to use one in my car on a Ram mount is pretty seamless for me.
View attachment 1930695

How are you going to listen to your Duran Duran cassettes now?

How are you going to listen to your Duran Duran cassettes now?
I have a Walkman I can mount on the RAM mount, and run it through the Aux In. It’s right next to my Discman (with 3 second ESP!) I have queued up for after my Grom install and my MiniDisc player with Napster tunes.

Runningboard lights converted to "rock" lights with the $8 eBay COB style LED light mod. So bright. Still have another set, may run one to the front and one to the rear??🤷‍♂️

View attachment 1930525
LED strips "plugged" into stock running board light harni? I've been wondering how the stock running board.lights wire-tied to frame would do. No where near as bright I'm sure, plus would only illuminate and briefly on opening door. 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom