What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How do you like them? I am thinking about going with those for my KDSS GX. Just wish they came in steel.
Fit and finish are great, came with a free t-shirt and the steel crossmember is powder coated even though I ordered raw plates - so far I'm happy! I believe the RCI set is about the same price for coated steel, so for us it came down to wanting aluminum (but we don't have KDSS).

Copy @HomersCanyonero , @James C !
6 oages of photos with rad stuff, please say you've got a build with these mods detailed!

I don't! Never thought about having a build thread as we didn't really have a plan besides drive the hell out of it and see what we felt like changing along the way. I do keep a spreadsheet with all the maintenance and mods to date with associated costs, and I do like to take pictures!

Did you do it on your own? How easy is it on these engines?
It's time consuming but not too difficult, just make sure you are very organized with your parts and fasteners. Star on a Friday night and you should be back up and running by Sunday easy. You should wait 24 hours to let the silicon dry on the thermostat housing prior to adding fluids which obviously adds a day. YouTube has some ok tutorials. One thing...careful with any bolt that goes into aluminum, I stripped one on the belt tensioner pulley and had to heli coil it. Also, cover your radiator completely with cardboard it will save your ass lol!

It's time consuming but not too difficult, just make sure you are very organized with your parts and fasteners. Star on a Friday night and you should be back up and running by Sunday easy. You should wait 24 hours to let the silicon dry on the thermostat housing prior to adding fluids which obviously adds a day. YouTube has some ok tutorials. One thing...careful with any bolt that goes into aluminum, I stripped one on the belt tensioner pulley and had to heli coil it. Also, cover your radiator completely with cardboard it will save your ass lol!

Let's see. Spend a weekend changing the timing belt with a chance of a screw-up or pay somebody $1000 to a Lexus/Toyota tech to do the same in a day. That's an easy choice for somebody not very brave like myself.

Amortized over 100K miles, that's a penny per mile to have somebody else do it.

Let's see. Spend a weekend changing the timing belt with a chance of a screw-up or pay somebody $1000 to a Lexus/Toyota tech to do the same in a day. That's an easy choice for somebody not very brave like myself.

Amortized over 100K miles, that's a penny per mile to have somebody else do it.

5A42C9F0-78DB-4378-AE38-04A654059C8C.gif

Installed the 285/70r17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on the stock wheels.

Looks Great Gavin! What lift do you have? Any rubbing?
I jusrt installed the Toyo Open Country A/T II P285/70R17 on mine yesterday with a 1.5" lift and FJ Cruiser 6 spoke wheels. (I think those wheels have 10.. less offset that stock GX wheels, so tires are pushed 10mm further out...?)
Anyway, I have slight rubbing on front driver mud flap (passenger mud flap not installed, long story) and there is slight rubbing on the sway bar up front at full lock. I plan on trimming my mud flaps a little more and eventually going to a 255/75/17 tire, but the 285s were already on the FJ wheels I bought used so I thought I'd test them out a little.

Looks Great Gavin! What lift do you have? Any rubbing?
Thank you. I have roughly a 2" lift (5100's, Eibach front springs on 2nd perch, and Dobinson rear springs, with SPC UCA's. There was some slight rubbing at full lock in reverse on something plastic but I haven't found it yet. normal driving and parking lots no rubbing at all.

Today I installed the CB antenna mount that I made from some 14ga scrap. I think it worked out okay. I think the 4' firestik might be too tall.

Waxed one side of it. I need a more aggressive pad to get a lot of scratches off.

View attachment 1939755

View attachment 1939756
This is one of the newest all in one (AIO) products available. It is seriously awesome. Very effective. It has minor polishing abrasives and a built in sealant (synthetic wax) so saves time, effort, and product. A polishing pad will help for sure too. BLACKFIRE One Step, BLACKFIRE Total Polish & Seal, polish and wax, cleaner wax, car polish
8173ACAA-3E5E-4FE3-9AAD-CA9584DA8BA7.jpeg

When is the group buy happening?
Thank you for the compliment! It was pretty easy to make from some sheet with a metal brake or a vice would do fine. I can post drawings of the template if you would like to make one.

JC, wher did you buy the TDR alloys and what offset are they ?
Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom