What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LED strips "plugged" into stock running board light harni? I've been wondering how the stock running board.lights wire-tied to frame would do. No where near as bright I'm sure, plus would only illuminate and briefly on opening door. 🤔
Door = switch...đź‘Ť

Yeah just twisted the wire onto the clipped end of The wire harness. Wasn't going to clip end off, but my running boards will never be going back on....

Last edited:
Got a hookup from a good friend, some Mayhem Warriors at cost. Then got some Kumho Road Venture AT51's off Amazon for less than the local discount dealer pays for them (according to them). All told exactly $1000 even for wheels, tires, and 24 new lugs. They're 17x9 @+18mm.

20190320_151023.jpg

20190320_151040.jpg

20190320_151049.jpg

20190320_151102.jpg

Picked up some new shoes. 285/70r17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers C1 rating. I wanted to make use of the rare rebate that is out now. I won't have them installed until after our road trip.

My GX is on a rack right now getting a new axle (Nitro chromoly) that I trashed on the Rubicon (oops) along with new ARB seals and carrier bearings on the 9.5" diff (also oops), along with a new tensioner and serp belt, and a few other prototype things I wanted to try.

Oh crapoly...you drive your GX470 hard

@James C where's your build thread? Just curious to see what else you got going...

Hey ADV, where did you pick-up the engine splash guards? Did you get new clips with? I need to replace mine...they've been missing!

thanks!
They rot out on pretty much every truck. Some people on here have made their own from rubber trimmings, but if you go to LEXUS GX470 & GX460/PRADO – Rad Rubber Design – FJ Fender Flaps, Toyota Engine Splash Guards , Rad Rubber sells really good quality stuff, and it comes with the clips you need. I installed these on my GX, too, and they look brand new after a Utah mountain winter.

Hey ADV, where did you pick-up the engine splash guards? Did you get new clips with? I need to replace mine...they've been missing!

thanks!
They rot out on pretty much every truck. Some people on here have made their own from rubber trimmings, but if you go to LEXUS GX470 & GX460/PRADO – Rad Rubber Design – FJ Fender Flaps, Toyota Engine Splash Guards , Rad Rubber sells really good quality stuff, and it comes with the clips you need. I installed these on my GX, too, and they look brand new after a Utah mountain winter.
Rad rubber design. $58 shipped and I would say they are worth it. Comes with all the clips.

Thanks ADV and Maverick! I'm going to jump on Rad Rubber and order some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom