What did you do to your pig today? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It was just the other day when I tried to open the front passenger door from the outside, and it would not open..."That's odd" I said to myself. "And inconvenient" I replied. It opened just fine with the inside handle, thumb operated outside button had no effect...
So today I took it all apart. As we all know, the thumb button pushes against a little plate which pulls a pushrod that goes to the latch. Fortunately, that pushrod is threaded on one end. So I just gave it a few lefty-loosey rotations, essentially making the pushrod a little longer. Put it all back together and it works good as new again.

Setup an account directly through ARB so i can buy direct through them...(you wonder why i say its for my pig?) For the lockers, compressor and fridge i'll be buying for it :D

Npulver,

Sounds great! I've been wanting a fridge, but not sure which one yet. Have you decided where you're mounting the compressor?

Ron, not 100% sue yet but was thinking of mounting it near center under neath on the frame. Then creating a box/shield to protect it. Prefer to not have it in the cab taking up space. Either that or in the engine bay.

Got the new fuel lines run and made a short jumper harness for the reverse light.
I also drained the gas tank and was pleasantly surprised by how clean the drain plug was. The fuel was also free of any gunk/rust.

Finished putting the longfields in. Put in a new master cylinder and calipers well I was at it. Took it out with the boy just to have it die on the way home. Replaced the fuel water separator and the fuel filter. Still failed. Pretty sure the tank is gunked up from sitting. I guess I will work on dropping it. Too bad it is full of diesel.

Long3.jpg

Finished putting the longfields in. Put in a new master cylinder and calipers well I was at it. Took it out with the boy just to have it die on the way home. Replaced the fuel water separator and the fuel filter. Still failed. Pretty sure the tank is gunked up from sitting. I guess I will work on dropping it. Too bad it is full of diesel.

What diesel engine are you running in the pig?

Are those black handles on your doors? Powder coated? How is the wear on them. I am just about to put my handles back on an I was thinking about powdercoating black.

Are those black handles on your doors? Powder coated? How is the wear on them. I am just about to put my handles back on an I was thinking about powdercoating black.
PO had painted them black, hasn't held up very well. Am in the process of collecting 4 with better chrome to replace them. I think they would be ok with PC if you scuffed them with fine grit for adhesion (else the powder would flake off)

Tucker

PO had painted them black, hasn't held up very well. Am in the process of collecting 4 with better chrome to replace them. I think they would be ok with PC if you scuffed them with fine grit for adhesion (else the powder would flake off)

Tucker

Thought I saw a freeborn red and white 55 on here with the powdercoated handles, but for the life of me, I can't find it again.

Did you end up replacing with chrome handles again?

Thanks
Dan

...via IH8MUD app

Changed the engine oil & filter...tried the Napa gold 1773.
(it's a "2 quart" filter, a bit taller than the Toyota filter I took off)

Last edited:
flogged it all the way home. agin. poor bitch needs some tlc. new home has me in LO leavin and comin with 4000 feet of gain in 53 miles each day. holy carp is that rain???

Drove my pig in the rain yesterday hauling a small garden trailer to get my new couch...

...gotta love when people come out of buildings when your parked just to give you a compliments :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom