What did you do to your pig today? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went wheeling.

Broke a fitting off the ram. Had a non-functional alternator. Capped the steering box and fixed the alternator. Took it back out. Had all kinds of TBI problems. 7 hours of towing. 3 hours of wrenching. Maybe an hour of wheeling.

Lost the hood latch on the way home and now I need a hood too.

Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.

Murphy's law... you just let you extra hood go...to a good home I might add.
I'd like to keep the late hood and put it on one of the 69's.

Then I'll have an extra early hood if you need it.

If you don't mind, for what purpose? I got to have a 4BT in something, in my life.
I pulled the 4bt out because it belongs in a forklift. I wanted it to work but it's too heavy TOO LOUD and runs hot a higher RPMS. It was fine running around town but on the Highway it sucked. I am going with the LS 5.3 it's almost complete. What good is your rig if you can't go on a two week trip in comfort? Can't hear yourself thing in the truck with the 4bt. sold it for 3500

20140329_161838.jpg
Bought it a friend

20140329_161838.jpg

Yeah, I thought about that but the one is stuck in the garage minus the engine and tranny... so being the sensitive guy I am I decided against it to prevent it from developing a complex. By the way thanks Clay.

headed to the springs to get some more work on bro's pig and to see what's been done.

Decided to pull the front fenders. Started with drivers side every single bolt on the inner fender broke off. Was gonna just run over it with my fj60.. But I put the tools away.. Went inside

are you just turning them counterclockwise, or do you go counterclockwise a couple threads, then back in, then back out a bit more and so forth? you need to work the rust into bits and then let it get out so it doesn't cause more issues.

good luck with the drill and tap fiasco :(

Finally put on the wheels and tires I bought used a few months ago. 33x10.50x15 BFG MTs on Pro Comp wheels. Jury's still out due to noise and ride quality but I'll give it a few miles and a little wheeling. Will likely switch to ATs sooner rather than later.

33s 1.jpg

Ordered up so wheel arches. The last piece I need to get started on my rear body work. Body work starts in about a month.

Kicked it... Then apologized to it.. Removed the drivers fender.. Ordered replacement metal to fix fender... And removed body mount bolts...

Actually drove mine for the first time since last November. A brave/foolhardy thing to do considering the state of my brake system at the moment. New brake rebuild kit from CCOT arrived last week, so hopefully brakes won't be an issue pretty soon. Then all I'll have to worry about will be the missing floorboards. Or the tires. And maybe the missing headliner. Oh well......

Spent a little time on the diesel pig yesterday, pretty close to getting it back on the road. Installed the one oil cooler hose I was able to have made, still waiting on two crimp-on metric 90 fittings to have the second one done :( I was able to locate the reverse light wires in my firewall harness, but it's blowing the 15A fuse when I connect the switch. Started tracing that back and think it's due to a trailer harness I spliced in but was never able to get working correctly. Pulled that harness back out and am going with some used light buckets I got from Pighead since the harnesses aren't spliced in multiple places. Next up is getting my e-brake cable hooked up, plan to drive it over to the exhaust shop later in the week and try to get it inspected afterwards.

Wish me luck :pig:

Tucker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom