What did you do to your pig today? (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Someone has been complaining about an allegedly leaking rear pinion seal, and making derogatory remarks comparing TWRECKS to the Exxon Valdez...which is really not a fair comparison. The Exxon Valdez had a much tighter turning radius and accelerated faster. So I swapped out the pinion seal.

That's great! You keep going and you'll bump the 25, out of the garage. :)

Then, as long as I was under, I swapped in some new anti-swaybar bushings...
Old ones didn't look THAT bad.

5112013 004.jpg

work 004.jpg

work 006.jpg

Pighead, what is that system you got on your rear called. It looks like a third link, I assume its for axle wrap. Also, when I typed your name, my phone changed it to "Pothead."

Someone has been complaining about an allegedly leaking rear pinion seal, and making derogatory remarks comparing TWRECKS to the Exxon Valdez...which is really not a fair comparison. The Exxon Valdez had a much tighter turning radius and accelerated faster. So I swapped out the pinion seal.

Did you check the shims to see if any had spun or split?
That is why mine was leaking...

Shims looked fine. Did not find the inner spring on the old seal, hope that's why it was leaking.

Pighead, what is that system you got on your rear called. It looks like a third link, I assume its for axle wrap.

Yes, it's just a normal anti-wrap bar. Routine for a SOA...

I like how you don't deny the "pothead" allegation....:p

and yet he denied the exxon valdez :rolleyes: oh, wait, the exxon valdez didn't put out near as much oil :flipoff2:

my Girlfriend was Nice enough to donate her time to further the cause of my Piggy resto. 5 hours with a grinder in 100+ degrees weather and 1/2 my roof is now rust free :) .

100_1620a.jpg

100_1621a.jpg

Yes, it's just a normal anti-wrap bar. Routine for a SOA...

I guess its not too routine. My SOA doesn't have it. Thought I don't have sway bars either. There are things I want to change that PO did, or didn't do, but the extra cash isn't coming in atm. I'm half entertaining the idea of four link rear and radius front. I just can't go more than a few days without driving it.

I was concerned about axle wrap after my ujoint broke. I was going to put a gopro underneath and see how bad it is while cruising. Don't really know any other way to see without the right equipment.

just because your rigs builder was lax in installing a torque bar does not mean they are not routine ;)

I guess its not too routine. My SOA doesn't have it. Thought I don't have sway bars either. There are things I want to change that PO did, or didn't do, but the extra cash isn't coming in atm. I'm half entertaining the idea of four link rear and radius front. I just can't go more than a few days without driving it.

I was concerned about axle wrap after my ujoint broke. I was going to put a gopro underneath and see how bad it is while cruising. Don't really know any other way to see without the right equipment.

.... you need a track bar unless you don't like your springs and diffy

.... you need a track bar unless you don't like your springs and diffy

you mean torque or traction bar. track bars or panhard bars provides lateral locating of the axle, it runs from the axle sideways to the frame.

a torque or traction bar runs from the axle forward to the frame

you mean torque or traction bar. track bars or panhard bars provides lateral locating of the axle, it runs from the axle sideways to the frame.

a torque or traction bar runs from the axle forward to the frame

THANK you;) of course a track bar is something other than a trac. bar....I am sorry:frown:

THANK you;) of course a track bar is something other than a trac. bar....I am sorry:frown:

no prob ;)

improper descriptions drive me crazy because i have to deal with it all day at work. i work in the parts industry and the manufacturers hire computer guys to set up the parts catalogs, but they have no clue about the difference between a radius rod and track bar, or a hub and a wheel, or a solenoid and a relay, so they use them all interchangeably. :rolleyes:

no prob ;)

improper descriptions drive me crazy because i have to deal with it all day at work. i work in the parts industry and the manufacturers hire computer guys to set up the parts catalogs, but they have no clue about the difference between a radius rod and track bar, or a hub and a wheel, or a solenoid and a relay, so they use them all interchangeably. :rolleyes:

that's silly, everyone knows a relay is a solenoid operated switch

Today I used my pig to pull a car into the shop. Then I spooled my winch line in a more presentable manner.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom