What did you do on your 70 series today? (38 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I re-tested my diode+12V radio contraption. It is still only pulling 22ma "parasitic draw", which is good.
Also installed a $5 convertible top prop.

1584190887240.png

7x series of some sort. Tubular cross members are a give away. Especially the front one with the tabs for the PS cooler paper clip.

Yeah, At first I thought 79 frame, but you could not register it in US... too new... and not enough rear bed mounts, looks like 4 on each side... so then thought troopy? Definately 7x series with how straight they are, (plus the points you made).. 80 series bows in much more in middle.

Yeah, At first I thought 79 frame, but you could not register it in US...
She's an '02 HZJ79 frame.
Previous mounts had been moved to accommodate a dual cab conversion with shortened bed and will be replaced with these:
IMG_0278.JPG

Last edited:
I replaced the proportioning valve second time around what a nightmare getting the adjustment right. Trial and error for the next few weeks.

Just finished the wrinkle paint on my new Coastal Offroad front winch bumper kit.. only took me 3 days start to
Finish.. Smitty Built 10k Winch is on the way.View attachment 2240687View attachment 2240688View attachment 2240689
Very nice. There's a few companies out there selling "bumper kits" for guys who like to weld and fabricate, but aren't good at art/style. I wonder if any of them ever sell paper pattern sets for their bumpers so you could buy the steel and cut local instead of having to pay that shipping. Perhaps they could "copyright the patterns", kind of like people who sell boat plans. You pay for the plan that gives you the right to produce 1 boat from the plan.

Finished up my C2 Design hood strut kit. @c2dfj45 has assembled a really tidy kit with a nice hood mount brackets that are custom fit to the 7x Series hood. We used to do hood strut kits on the 4x Series back in the day, due to the rather flimsy factory hood they required a reinforcement structure be made or purchased. However the 7x really lends itself well to a hood strut kit with a rather robust hood and nice mounting locations utilized by the C2 Design kit. Chris includes everything you need including the ball stud for the cowl side strut mount and the side specific brackets for the hood side.

The cowl side bolt removed to mount the ball stud utilizes a lock & fender washer. You could simply add this to the provided ball stud or get OCD like me and dig into my OE hardware and find a ball stud with washer(s). Chris also includes some high quality rivets to mount the hood brackets to the hood. I got a wild hair and opted to use nutzert and OE hardware.

@cruiseroutfit

Would you happen to have the part number of the OE hardware you used?

I ordered another C2 kit from @c2dfj45 for my 77 but I remembered this post and would like to try the OEM bolts (5mm?) and nutzerts instead of rivets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom