What did you do on your 70 series today? (44 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They seem to be VERY well built lights. We bought 4 sets a while back for various trucks/projects to demo. Just getting around to installing now.
They are indeed a lot of bang for the buck. :)

I got it today...not much of a chance to look it over but I will do that later.
It does have a peculiar VIN number though. :hmm:

1988BJ74.jpg

Also scored some 20L of oil (good quality mineral) for 110 smackeroos, which is less than 1 tank of diesel at the moment. So damn stupid.

Replaced my shifter bushing and seat, did some more battery cable planning/work, buttoned up the exhaust manifold/turbo side of things (except for air cleaner to turbo compressor piping as I'm waiting on a few bits in the mail) and began a little work on the front seats in preparation for suspension seat base install.

Will hopefully have rebuilt injection pump back early next week to get the intake manifold and fuel system side of the engine put back together.

Many moons ago I bought a giant box of stuff from @beno to update the truck and at this point only have a valve cover gasket and washers and rear engine mount left to do. Likewise, suspension seat bases were purchased from @joekatana quite a while ago as was a fiberglass windshield frame still waiting for some love. I put this stuff off for a long time and it's really satisfying to be knocking things out.

VDJ76 epicness.

This will be available to me when I am 55 in 2032. :lol:

Hello,

It is good that VDJ7x models are now available in LHD.

Juan

These are 16x8 and have a 4.5 back spacing. Will they tuck under my 74 or will I encounter issues? I plan on running a 315/75/16.

185FA065-F55D-4E29-8ED9-679ED7D631EE.jpeg

Last edited:
These are 16x8 and have a 4.5 back spacing. Will they tuck under my 74 or will I encounter issues? I plan on running a 315/75/16.

View attachment 1795413

Yes should fit but don't take my word for it. You will need some sort of lift to run a tyre that big. I have a 5 inch lift and run 35s and they rub the bottom rear fender well when under flex. My rims have a -28 backspacing

Yes should fit but don't take my word for it. You will need some sort of lift to run a tyre that big. I have a 5 inch lift and run 35s and they rub the bottom rear fender well when under flex. My rims have a -28 backspacing
I also understand I’ll have to move my front axle forward an inch or so

They will not work without spacers. You will need 1 and 1/2 inch spacers and that size tire will brush the rear inner wheel housings when stuffed and the front axle will need to be moved forward to keep the tires from hitting the fenders in a turn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom