What did he do? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sorry about your husband............... from the pictures I think you need to check the brake fluid too
stick with these guys they will help greatly sounds like he was a good man be thankful you were with him even for a short time

Sylvia, my heart goes out to you however you have a huge advantage having faith and a belief system in place.......I assure ya the guys on this forum are as great bunch as you will ever find, I have countless examples of this but typing is way too much work.
I would have loved to have known your guy, and shared a campfire with ya'll.
Butch

Glad you decided to post this thread. Sorry for the loss. You have come to the right place. You can see from the posts that any cruiserhead is surely loved and missed wether we knew him personally or not.
The cruiser will find it's home. That is a good stash of stuff that would sell well on e-bay.
I too dream of the Alaska Trek .

I have been watching this thread from the beginning. Sorry for your loss, looks like he was building a real nice cruiser. I hope you drive it a little before you sell it, you never know you might get addicted like the rest of us. He would probably be smiling from ear to ear on the other side knowing you took it out for a cruise.

He would probably be smiling from ear to ear on the other side knowing you took it out for a cruise.

With the kids.

I know you probably need the money, but it would sure save us a lot of time, ten years down the road when your son is trying to locate it and buy it back, if you just kept it. :)

I read the whole blog. Devastating. You are one tough lady. :princess:

I gained invaluable information during a visit from Dan and Aaron yesterday - as well as getting a nut put on the alternator bolt. Thank you so much! The experience of the day inspired me to write. https://coverwithhislife.wordpress.com/2011/05/23/ih8mud/

A classified listing will be coming.

The pleasure was all mine.

I'll write more when there is a classified posted, or when I get home and have some free time. But Jeff was clearly a man of discerning taste.

I'm probably the most rabid OEM parts snob I know, and there isn't a doubt in my mind Jeff was clearly along the same lines. Bags of OEM bolts, nuts, switches, seals and pins don't lie. They don't come cheap, nor are they an accident.

If anyone is looking for a 40, seriously, this one is absolutely fantastic (even putting aside it's loving history). I wish I were in the market for another one right now--seriously.

EDIT--Sylvia, the truck has 4.11 differentials still (for when its time to sell--I told you 3.70 but I've thought it through more--definitely 4.11)

Dan

Last edited:
Sylvia...................I just read Face of Death, in your blog, am wiping tears, you are a gifted spiritual writer. It makes me wish so badly I had known Jeff.
Godspeed
Butch

Great blog post, and I'm glad you've been blessed with some help from the IH8Mud crew. You will be in my prayers. Take care!

OK- Yeah, so I'm having second thoughts. A friend of mine is a local body guy.... might have to get a quote on finishing it up... We drive it now and then. But we've shifted over to 4- wheel ATV's so everyone gets to drive. I KNOW!! CURSED THINGS! Jeff couldn't stand them on the trail.... Shhhh... don't tell.

OK- Yeah, so I'm having second thoughts. A friend of mine is a local body guy.... might have to get a quote on finishing it up... We drive it now and then. But we've shifted over to 4- wheel ATV's so everyone gets to drive. I KNOW!! CURSED THINGS! Jeff couldn't stand them on the trail.... Shhhh... don't tell.

people get hurt often on them things........been in this sport since 91 and have never seen anything more serious than smashed fingers from grabbing the roll cage....:hmm::hmm:

Sobering.. 363 days younger than me.

Thankyou for sharing your blog with us.
Thankyou for sharing your faith
Thankyou for loving your husband and honoring his dreams
God will bless you and is blessing others through you.

You number my wanderings;
Put my tears into Your bottle;
Are they not in Your book?

Psalm 56:8

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Jeremiah 29:11

people get hurt often on them things........been in this sport since 91 and have never seen anything more serious than smashed fingers from grabbing the roll cage....:hmm::hmm:

you got that right...went on a friends trike...what a mistake...long story...lost my shoe and almost hit a tree and almost then had the trike roll over the top of me :D

Thankyou for sharing your blog with us.
Thankyou for sharing your faith
Thankyou for loving your husband and honoring his dreams
God will bless you and is blessing others through you.

You number my wanderings;
Put my tears into Your bottle;
Are they not in Your book?

Psalm 56:8

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Jeremiah 29:11

I like to share these comments as well...good post Kief

You guys have certainly expressed much more interest in our story than I ever anticipated. I am touched. So I had to share this with you- the people who would appreciate it the most.

After the funeral, I had Jeff's body cremated. My own reasons- I didn't want to have to imagine his body in some state of decay at a future time. Just wanted to know it was "all done". The day after the funeral we had a very private ceremony at the gravesite. His cremains traveled there in his FJ40 with the casket spray on the hood and a train of whatever family 4WD vehicles we could gather together to follow behind. I've asked Johnny to post a picture of the 40 with the flowers since I've not gotten this picture thing figured out. That picture is probably the most compelling reason I find it difficult to sell. But I feel inadequate at keeping it up. He tinkered with that thing all the time. I don't have the time or know-how. And I don't want to watch it sit and rot. It must live on.

As far as the 4 wheelers go- unfortunately we now live in flat lands. We left our mountain home within days of his diagnosis. About as wild as the ATV driving has gotten is the kids going around the loop at their uncles house. Life is not the same. It will never be the same. But we continue on looking for ways to make it good, trusting that someday, again, it will feel more complete.

About the cremation thing...you needed to do what you did for you...because you are still here with us.

Jeff no longer lives within the body...but...in a greater place...and he lives within you and your heart...and now also with us.

Sylvia Here's the picture...titled "Last Ride"...I would hope to have the same for me from my wife and family.

You are Truley a Blessed woman
Last ride.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom